Today in HOTS I saw..... Share funny and WTH moments here!

Hi!

This is a thread inspired by a funny thing I saw playing yesterday. Please share your stories and small anecdotes about funny or silly WTH (What the Heck) moments you see in HOTS. This isn’t The Salt Mines or intended to be a mega thread, so short amusing stories are encouraged and please remember not to name and shame anyone.

Today I saw a level 320 Nazeebo in Storm League kill a Tyrael, panic and put walls around himself and the enemy Johanna. He forgot to drop the walls allowing the Tyrael blow him up with his trait… No he wasn’t trolling and was a Diamond 5 player. :boom:

4 Likes

After hearing about the Raynor level 20 bug in ARAM, I finally got him as a selection last night, and had to try for myself just to see how broken it really is.

It really is that broken, and at one point I had 2 Hyperions going on their core. I won’t be picking it in ARAM again, as it really isn’t fair, and sadly it was the one ARAM map that doesn’t save replays so I can’t show it.

But it was hysterical to watch!

5 Likes

It’s a shame there isn’t a replay for it, I want to see Hyperions covering the whole map. I’ve been playing some SL, but no ARAM at all recently.

1 Like

I saw a guy afk at turrets spaming hearth. That was fun…

Here is the story. I was Auriel, and I was trying to help our Qhira, she was into a bad situation under enemy towers (there was the wall). She starts to do her E, and grabs Cassia. Her intention is to: rotate and land into a safe position, and it could have actually worked.
But what happens next, is art. Falstad (our ally), is behind us, and he is lagging a lot…he start to do his ultimate, striking his wind against Cassia, bringing Qhira with her ahahah. And because of that, Qhira died: she was too much further from safeness, too much over the wall. We all laughed, thats the good part in my opinion.

3 Likes

I love greedy attitude of typical Qhira players.

We siege on GoT with objective. I purpusely overextend behind enemy tower, where enemy Qhira tries to make desperate, lone stand to save this poor, mid tower against 4 of us and objective. Ofc. she failed to resist teh tempt and landed Revolving Sweep on my Lun.

The fun thing about Unstoppable part of Leaping Strike and Qhira’s Revolving Sweep is the fact, that she actually circles around Lun mid-air for a while, before Unstoppable kicks in. I’ve noticed, that Revolwing Sweep disconnects sometime in the middle of Leap. May be actually a bug, but if it is, I want it to stay.

Because I can abuse Leaping Strike Delivery System, and like this time - deliver enemy Qhira straight between my teammates, when she gets cclocked to death. Thing is simple: Overextend, get sweeped, wait for Qhira to get behind, leap onto enemy tower and enjoy the fireworks.

__

Warhead Junction. KT’s launching Pyro on my Lun, and enemy Nova [triggered on me to hell and beyond for last 4 deaths from poison] decided to add her three cents… Or rather three taps, to “secure” KT’s kill. I was on 20% HP.

I just hit 1, GSS kicks in, 75 spell armor absorbed both ults. My healer appeared to heal scratches on my deer’s butt, then I dived in for another Nova kill. In the meantime, overextended KT died from my teammates.

__

The last one for today.

Do not teleport your Fenix, where Tyrael of your friend’s gf landed her sword. Especially if the Tyrael bears KT’s sticky bomb.

And most importantly, don’t teleport your Li-Ming to the same spot as well.
All three died from the same bomb, and we lost another match :].

3 Likes

Hooho just wait. Your threads have a high chance of becoming a mega thread. Just like wtf/funny moments are fun these days your thread can end up being a thread where people link funny/wtf moments when they dont get listed in the clips.

But I will share one of my own. I was playing Dehaka and we had Butcher on my team so thought, I might aswell try and feed him up fast so everytime one of the enemy players was too far away from tank I went in from a bush and grapped him and Butcher did the rest. 4 min 200 stacks. Happy Butcher happy life.

Some other I can remember was me tricking enemy player into thinking I was easy kill just for me to drag him into towers and die.

1 Like

Qhira’s sweep is kinda hilarious. Getting kicked by DK when Qhira is on board for example.

2 Likes

Happened a week ago but bore witness to an Anduin bot “save” a Sgt. Hammer from a Kael’thas’ Pyro Blast.

Thanks to that mastery level move they both died in the explosion.

3 Likes

Oh it’s a special kind of despair when Anduin pulls players that have Living Bomb on them directly into a cluster of people.
:persevere:

4 Likes

lol! That one is really relatable, I’ve seen it happen many times. Most often I’ve seen an Andiun pull a hero who has a KT living bomb on them and they both blow up. I’ve yet to see a pyro version of this though!

I don’t think it will be a mega thread at all. I would have titled it somewhat after what you wrote above. As it’s me posting the title I know a few forum trolls would have flagged me if I used those three letters. :frowning: