This Ranked System is attrocious

I think the game is already decided before beginning who has trolls in teams looses

1 Like

Yeah whichever team gets the troll first is going to lose every time. I have had so many people last pick something dumb like a third tank/bruiser and just split push all game or feed tower kills or something stupid. Never solo que in this game ever again.

I think they need to take QM and other modes off the table and start folks at Silver 3. You get dps main qm bumped players. Not to dog qm but you don’t learn correct draft in qm.

1 Like

This is kinda racist. The people I’ve lost with are English speaking who just act like children and either go afk or feed on purpose

I know this is an old’ish post but I agree. It’s not like any Joe Random can “farm” 20 kills, 0 deaths, top exp and win the game.

That is an exceptionally good player who deserves a performance bonus. You don’t just “farm” human enemies like that without dying unless you’re significantly better than the enemy.

1 Like

The team is only as good as the worst player on your team, That is how team events and games work.

If this is true then how

1. Leon can reach Grand Master solo queue only with a lot of accounts (3-4 I think). Note: SOLO QUEUE, I watch him streaming everyday
  2. FanHots, reach grandmaster soloqueue and play a lot of heroes from low tier to meta. Grand master.
  3. Nurok(EU), often soloqueue and also GrandMaster too.

I think most people think they are good but the fact is not true.

1 Like

GM are bad examples. All they show is that it is possible.

Your average player is silver and gold, not GM. A GM is top tier. You can’t fake that. However, between bronze and diamond tiers, because of how blizzard gives out ranks, you have bronze players with diamond rankings and vice versa, and because your team is as strong as your weakest ally, unless a player can overcome this weakness, they will not climb. A GM is capable of overcoming this. A plat player trying to climb out of silver may need over 100+ games to do so and may still never reach it. The odds of winning is stacked against you, because it’s based on the weakest player in the game. In other words, unless you’re the exception, games are based on the flip of a coin.

Elo this game is typically the same as LoL and Dota 2. While these 2 games are also team based, the ability to carry-your-team is much more pronounced in both these games. The ability to carry in this game is possible, but, very subtle, which is problematic; your rank in LoL and Dota determines your ability to carry a games, and since hots more or less has the same system, your ranking also determines your ability to carry. This is problematic because you technically cannot carry in Hots.

Blizzard has had big issues with ranked and they know of it, but they’ve never really tried tackling the issue. If a players wishes to get better at the game, it’s extraordinarily difficult to get better because of the ranking dicrespency and they refuse to touch-up on it. So now we have Bronze to Diamond tiers that basically have very little differences between one another in terms of skill.

Just listen to a GM play and I Gurantee you they say the same thing and that REAL Platinum ranks starts in Master tier. If this isn’t a problem, then I don’t know what is.

1 Like

absolute BS, sorry cant say more. I played through almost all ranks throughout the years until reaching master and the skill gap is huge. you have no clue about skill, carrying, ranks or the MM. also “but they’ve never really tried tackling the issue” … yeah what should i add to this…have you done at least some research before making statements like this? if you would have done your research than you would know that your “issue of a silver player not able to climb fast enough” was once solved but removed again because of complaints and issues brought with that. Devs continuosly work on the MM and currently its a quiet solid MM with only a few minor flaws

Right. Whatever you say bud.

I’ve seen ppl land diamonds straight out of promos while others have to actually climb, and when they do, it is absurdly long and tedious. I don’t know why you’re so angry, if this isn’t you, then kudos on the climb and making it and earning it, but that cannot be said for a large volume of players, making the rank system far more difficult to climb than it should.

I know what youre talking about but your sentenced is a paradox. Instead of being mad and typing out of anger, reread your post. I know of PBMMR and it didn’t solve anything, because if it did, they wouldn’t have removed it, meaning it remains unsolved. It created a lot problems, like throwing GMs in to silver while bronzees were somehow masters. And instead of them trying to rectify they just scrapped completely. At least it’s assumed at this point because we haven’t heard word on it since it’s removal.

we had personal rank adjustment in form of MMR disconnected from rank, this means good players could climb faster and bad go down faster. we had also a system in place where your individual skill was measured, if i remember correct this didnt event went out of PTR. Implementing new things is not always possible without creating new issues which are unsolvable. there is no perfect MM not even in LOL or DOTA. If you want to climb, get better and just play the game, you will climb. Since this works that means that the MM is doing his job. Also how should it be possible for a bronze to land in master? MM takes your QM MMR if you havent played ranked or your MMR from previous rank, it is just impossiible for a bronze player miraculously to have even a gold MMR out of nowhere.

I think the point is though you should not be able to be a rank below bronze 5. Bronze 5 is sposed to be the bottom so when players find out they are some how lower than the games ranks actually show. They see no reason to play the game and try to get better cause they feel they are not getting rewarded for it.

How? They queue up some friends/accomplices who will throw the match if they get on the opposite team. People have admitted doing this in draft chat – throwing to help a streamer on the other team.

Streamers cheat.