The worst Anduin Guide Ever

Manduin is Prince Charming from world of Warcrafts who became king when his dad exploded and he somehow got his sword. He definitely wasn’t important before that.

In the Healers of the Storm game Andrew is a hero who helps his allies by clicking on them so they heal.

Arnold’s trait is Leap of Fails. Andy pulls an ally who isn’t where they should be so that they are where they should be, letting him stop his allies from failing. Using this ability means your allies were gettting hurt, which makes Anduin cry.

Alan’s Q ability is painful flash. The sun flashes a light in Arin’s eyes, stunning him briefly and allowing enemy heroes to cause him pain. When he gets the sun out of his eyes, he throws it at an ally hero, which heals them. Having the sun in his eyes is painful, which makes Anduin cry.

Armadillo’s next ability is Divine’s Ball. Anteater throws a Golden ball of light to play catch with his imaginary pet. The ball hits enemies and hurts then, and then the ball comes back and heals Abraham and his friends. This reminds him of playing catch with his dad, which makes Anduin cry.

Abe’s third ability is chastise. Albert recites one of the lectures he received from his father when he was young, which causes an enemy to reflect on their own failings and be rooted in place, and also which makes Anduin cry.

Alvin’s first heroic is I Am The Sun. Anduin looks straight up at the sky and absorbs the sun through his eyes in order to become the sun, healing his allies and stopping anything from hurting them. He has to keep looking at the sun for it to work though, so he can’t get stunned or he stops being the sun. The sun is bright, which makes Anduin cry.

Annawin’s second ult is Brightbomb. Abe makes one of his allies very very bright, which protects them and stuns ennemies with their brightness. It’s like forcing enemies to use lightmode discord which is just cruel and which makes Anduin cry.

No attack healer build that lets you heal allies without basic attacking enemies:

Level 1 Bold Strategy
Level 4 Moral Compass
Level 7 Blinding Heal, or whichever
Level 10 either
Level 13 Speed of the Pious
Level 16 Evenhanded Blessings
Level 20 Despreate Player

Thanks for day and have a nice reading.

7 Likes

Imagine telling people to pick bold strategy and speedofpious ironically!

But i noticed that holy nova was not the 16 talent and i respect that.

2 Likes

I noticed that waterlong’s build was “joking but actually kinda serious”.

2 Likes

If you’re gonna take prayer at 20 the rest of your build really don’t matter, boy :worried:

Prayer isn’t ideal for sure, but I think it’s far less niche than Light of Stormwind, and if you’re staying farther back then Varian’s Legacy can be quite a bit less impressive, though the synergy with Pursued by Grace is pretty nice. Also, the CD buff on Desperate Prayer makes it much more reliable as a saving tool.

1 Like

Lightbomb and it’s 20 upgrade, Glyph of Faith, every game.

And if you plan on doing legacy then Lightwell is a good 16, the constant tics refresh it’s cooldown mad fast.

That’s a trait upgrade, not a lightbomb upgrade. And honestly, a second charge of leap of faith is good but I think it is of similar actual power level to desperate prayer. Just each has it’s own niche.

Good is a severe understatement here. If you run lightwell, it’s practically mandatory to take Varian’s Legacy, unless maybe you run with Light of Stormwind for the constant Holy Word Salvation casts, each of which will pretty much instantly reset lightwell.

1 Like

If we’re actually talking seriously here I prefer [T1312312,Anduin] as an outright healer/backliner build.
It’s not that hard to tag people for Renew but skipping BS at 1 gives you a 2 second cooldown on Q at 16, which can amount to a lot more healing when you’re looking to spam that thing.
Positioning is key because for the most part you can feel like a Sgt Hammer for healers since you’re rooting yourself almost 30% of the time but it’s insane how easily you deal with poke damage. You need to be cautious of interrupts though but with his passive movespeed and the root I usually don’t have any issues fixing my positioning.

Since the buffs to speed of the pious W build has gotten a lot more viable but I still don’t like how dependent it is on tagging both enemies and allies. I nearly pop a blood vessel when I see teammates almost actively avoid standing in the return path of the W when there’s no real reason for them to be jumping around randomly.

I’d love to get into the nitty gritty of Anduin talents.

Absolutely, 2 second cooldown flash heal with 20% more healing gives a comedically high amount of output. That said, because the cooldown of flash heal only starts after the channel. It’s actually more like a 3 second cooldown, 4 seconds with Bold Strategy, which means that you don’t actually lose that much by taking the extra safety net at level 1.

And when I say Bold Strategy is there as a safety net, I mean it as just that. If you trust in your own abilities and trust your tank, renew is a far better pick with evenhanded blessings.

Oh, I don’t think it’s quite Sgt. Hammer bad. Definitely takes a few games to get used to though.

This is one thing where I will note that I think that this one particular talent is not very good. In general, you can keep the move speed bonus from Push Forward going pretty easily, especially since you’re looking for those AAs anyways, and the surge of speed from SotP is huge for scrambling out of skill shots or away from dives.

Another advantage I will note is that if you could SotP with BS, then it’s pretty easy to land enough heals on Divine Star to line up their cooldowns, which is why Moral Compass can actually serve as a viable method for setting up Renew past 13. Would only work for every other flash heal once you take evenhanded blessing though.

All in all, I essentially always take SotP. If thrown in the opposite direction of where you are moving you can move very far before the move speed runs out, allowing for quick repositioning, a huge sweep on Divine Star which reaches a scattered team, or just makes you astonishingly good at running away. And if your team is not deliberately being stubborn, it can often be 4 or 5 seconds off the cooldown which is essentially doubling your Divine Star casts, which is a lotta heals.

Of course, then there’s this:

So true it hurts.

Anyways, overall I agree with your talent build as the back liner sustained heals Anduin, but if the enemy has a taunt Varian or Garrosh as their tank, that’s when I might switch to the safer Moral Compass + Bold Strategy. Or I might just go all the way on more burst heals with [T333X133] or [T333X143]. Ults I think are a discussion unto themselves and I believe that both Anduin ults are highly competitive if used correctly.

P.S. thank you so much for your Johanna guide, you saved me when I was among the most incompetent tanks in SL.

1 Like

This is my general consensus but this build is for the full on heal battery experience.
It is pretty easy to keep PF stacks up but that doesn’t change the fact that you still have to build them from 0.

I mentioned Renew/Binding/Evenhanded is great against poke but that’s also where Lion’s Speed/Glyph comes into play, since you start engagements at high levels of speed and don’t need to mess around trying to get your stacks, and you can use W liberally since you don’t need to worry about tieing your movespeed to that if the enemy team is capable of diving on you.
Might not be the optimal way to utilize him but it’s less of a headache when you don’t have a strong frontline creating space for you.

As he is now most of Anduin’s tree is viable in some shape or form, except Holy Nova is still really iffy, depends on you being next to a lot of people a lot of the time and that’s just not a safe way to play anything. But for the most part it’s really just about how comfortable you are with those talents rather than the current matchup.

Blessed Recovery is a nutty talent when you can determine how many abilities and attacks on the enemy team are capable of procing it. I’d say roughly 35%+ of the roster has baseline auto attacks that do enough damage to proc it, especially when you’re behind a level or 2.

HW:S has it’s uses but for an ult that’s defensive in nature it’s very easy to counter and react to.
IMO Lightbomb is not only easier to use to great effect, it also offsets his baseline lack of CC and is generally much more helpful at countering wombo combos or letting your dive heroes just go nuts.
HW:S can give them room to do damage but I find that your team can often get a little confused with their priorities and end up just dancing around inside your glowy circle.

That’s what it’s there for.
Every time I check someone’s profile and they have Jo in their top 4 heroes they have a 55%+ winrate with her. It’s crazy how simple and effective she is.

1 Like

banannanduin for life.

2 Likes

Thanks for teaching me how to play Ananas!

2 Likes

Which makes Andy cry.

1 Like