The reason this game is withering away

Is because blizzard avoids making the fun heroes strong. Big playmaking heroes like Kerrigan, Orphea, Genji, Nova, and Valeera are left in “niche at best tier” or below, while you can get significantly more value at unwaivering consistency by right clicking people with raynor, or doing near assassin levels of damage with twice the survivability as a bruiser. Truly exciting and fun heroes are nerfed over and over because they are “unfun” then generic bland heroes dominate the meta and we wonder why new players aren’t sticking around.

Blizzard cares more about making heroes “fun to play against” then “fun to play” and it’s left us with a dull game dominated by warriors and “safe” ranged damage dealers

12 Likes

I thought it was QM but that is just my opinion.

Edit: I just had a game against a 4 man of former HGC players and we had some bronzes on our team… that is what I am guessing.
I think it’s a case of after a few left MM got worse, then more leave and gets even worse.

1 Like

Fixed for you.

20 Likes

I like all those heroes and think they all deserve to be better

2 Likes

Thats not the reason the game is doing bad lol

13 Likes

Orphea is a monster in the hands of a good player.

12 Likes

Damn. And I thought kerrigan was overpowered. And is concidered to be rediculous OP in the right hands
Well you beaten me in this detailed post why she is not doing great

But I agree some heroes get more love then others. Val needs changes and kerri some nerfs tbh

3 Likes

Stealth be like:

32 Likes

I think you just described overwatch hitboxes of light lamps.

4 Likes

I think that Blizz does a mostly-reasonable job of balancing fun to play VS fun to play against. Both aspects are very important, and are grounded in:

• Whether to balance for the highest tiers of play, or the lowest
  • The overarching design of team versus solo-carry

Personally, I think that the game should be balanced for the highest tiers of play – which I will never see – and should avoid solo-carry heroes/mechanics as much as possible.

9 Likes

She can do well but she has glaring weaknesses beyond what is typical for a mage. Her abilities have short range, are easily sidestepped, and lack in consistency, and she also suffers quite heavily for PvE other than waveclear.

If they reduced the delay on her Q slightly, I think she would be in a much better spot. Currently, other mages are usually stronger even in terms of wombo combos

4 Likes

Only her E and her ult is easy to sidestep. The rest is the users aim.

But why do you find kerrigan underpowered?

1 Like

This is some high quality troll comment, good job i really needed to laugh a little in these dark days

The Blizzard bus is driven by people who don’t consider human psychology in their balance decisions(where are all the players now???). When people are complaining about X hero, or think boss Y is hard that is a good thing, it means the players are becoming emotionally invested. When these ‘designers’ start pruning away the thorns, the thing no longer triggers an emotional response - like a tree in the field of thousands of other trees.

Getting away from Blizzard games I have learned why their old games worked, SC and Diablo2 worked because they barely got patched. Players took their weaknesses and turned them into strengths. I see this in new companies right now, they don’t patch content as they are unsure themselves, they don’t carry that aura of false confidence thinking they know better, they don’t try wear bigger shoes thinking they know best for every player who plays the game.

If I was ever to design a game my mantra would be, never nerf anything post release. Only implement buffs/new units/concepts to solve mechanics that are difficult to deal with. Nobody feels robbed of their investment into a hero/mechanic, and the casual players get their easy-mode solution. It allows each players original investment to flourish instead of being reset, and additional solutions may still be discovered. Take Garrosh for example, he got completely crippled, if we had unique healer-items that could portal back knocked units, Garrosh still feels rewarded for landing a throw, the healer feels rewarded for landing skillshot save, and the player in the middle feels relieved they didnt die to Garrosh again. It becomes a meta-game between Garrosh and the healer, this adds NEW dynamics instead of taking it all away in the name of making the game ‘fun’. Top top it all off players can only get excited about patches, they get to learn and discuss the solutions to old problems instead of being demoralized by a nerf.

2 Likes

And that Boys and Girls is how we get power creep…

5 Likes

Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger

ooohhhhh yeeeaaah.

And at the same time people complain about zeratul, li ming , ktz , devastating charge diablo , alarak and buried chromie in the sand aeons ago.

Hypocrisy much? People want impactful hard to play heroes but then can’t deal with being beaten by them.

I think they cater too much about vague things like feelings in their balancing actually. But it is a fad i see in gaming and services in general.

4 Likes

Out of the entire roster, those are the big play-making heroes? Those are the best examples you could come up with?

:thinking:

1 Like

In masters/tourneys she is freaking OP but go ahead call me a troll. I will just remember your name

3 Likes

its amazing how out of touch one person can be