The quicksands of the bronze, fix the teammatch

Hello!
I’ve played this game for years.
I know how to play every class, I’ve tried every hero, I know how to complete a draft, I know the map objectives, but I am bronze 5, I don’t want to create a new account.
I wanted to understand, Why when I go to play a solo ranked, hoping to have a competitive and fun match, I always fall with players who don’t know a thing.
This month I started playing LOL WR and I’m reaching the platinum league, I feel that with each rank I go up the enemies and allies are more and more competitive.
I just don’t understand because I’ve been playing games for years with people who don’t know how to play, don’t know the functions of the classes , they don’t know how to compose a draft, there’s no teamwork, they don’t know the goals of the maps…
why? Does the system judge me to be on the same level as someone who created an account yesterday?

1 Like

Easiest explanation would be you think you know all of that, but in fact you don’t

1 Like

Nice kid, I’m hoping to talk to adults, will seek attention from your parents, or anywhere else

you expect me to say “poor thing, you got bullied by evil blizzard” ?

it’s enough to know one at good level to get to diamond

share few replays and we will see

for years people were doing bronze to GM streams with 90+ winrates in low leagues, so you gonna need something better than just words

sincerely child, I didn’t come to ask for technical support for a jealous child, who got offended by something, I wanted a blizzard communication channel to deal with a serious matter in improving the quality of the game, I didn’t come to give satisfaction to the envious child, who has nothing to do.

offended by what? jealous that you are bronze 5? how do you even come up with that stuff?

they were pretty clear on that, the game is on life support

i don’t need that, give me arguments or some proof of your claims, like adults do

And why do you think you learned the right things? If all you’ve done is play with and against other bad players for years, there’s 99% chance you know nothing or things you know are not correct, littered with ingrained bad habits and so on. Also, just knowing stuff does not make you a good player, you also need to actually play well (the much more important part).

If you’re at the bottom of the rank ladder and can’t seem to move up (100’s, 1000’s of games there, not 50 or 100), the first thing you need to do is accept the fact that you are actually bad at the game (compared to playerbase average). Only then you can start learning. And learning when you’re at the very bottom is quite easy - you most likely need to improve everything, so just choose something and work on it.

This is the point.
I don’t mean I’m master level, or should it be for as long as I play.

I love this game, and I always thought that’s how to get out of bronze, I would have to have a team and train with it. so i accepted the fact, but i started playing lol wr and i felt this progress, in this gold 1 progress i started to experience difficulties and the enemies are smart and i started to understand some actions i took in the past do not work anymore. even so defeats are not something to be ashamed or frustrated, the battles are intense and allies know what they do.
I love hots, I consider myself good player, I know I can’t do anything alone, I’m a protective tank, who will walk in front of the others and head into the enemy creating a distraction for the team to come do what it has to do, the healer who will come along, the assassin who will come hunting, but on my team only players that are afraid fall only sit at the base waiting for the enemy team to run over, which is more concerned with conserving mana.
Hots is 99% team work and 60% to 100% Offensive pressure to win, it seems like I have a guy who doesn’t even play, Of course there are good players there are good matches sometimes there are epic matches, but 50% is the one you know you lost at the beginning of the game.
I’m not saying I’m the master I’m just saying that it’s not fair to fall with these guys, I don’t blame myself in bronze league, hese guys won’t let me out of the bronze.

I want to have this experience of progress even in lolwr.
I want to face more complex teams, with allies like me are there creating a way to defeat the enemy side by side with a desire to win, even if defeated by less, we tried, we made a move, and not with the guys at the base worried about dying afraid of going up without knowing what to do worried about dye.

You won’t face better opponents if you don’t get better yourself. That’s the essence of good matchmaking. If you want to play tougher games, get better. It’s that simple. And again, if you’re in bronze, you’re bronze. The sooner you accept you’re no better than your peers, the sooner you can start moving on.
And keep in mind that the average playerbase is getting better too. 5 years ago I could roll over gold solo queue (>>80% wr) with literally a random hero pick (yeah i’ve done exactly that :slight_smile: ). Now I’m having a good challenge if I pick something I can’t play (e.g., I’ve been using a gold smurf to practice some hanzo and I’m currently actually sitting just below 50% on him (and yes, I’m playing quite OK (usually MVP, no deaths, top damage), but not great (well I usually consider my performance utter garbage, but that’s personal perspective); the biggest problem is that I can’t yet get the correct targets killed at the moments they have to be killed (e.g., bad angle for scatter, I miss the scatter, I can’t reach the jump to escape and can’t go in at all, etc) - and it’s not my team’s fault when we’re losing (I can see how they play and I can see their limits and I adapt to them); I know that if I picked some of my mains that I CAN get kills where and when I want with (that includes playing tanks or heals I can play, not just assassins, btw) - I would win at least 70-80%)). Stop blaming your team and start looking at yourself if you actually want to get better.
If you’re ‘stuck’ in bronze, then you ARE bronze. It’s really that simple. Same as my hanzo is gold, even if I’m dia-master on average.

PS. i’m brazilian, and i don’t know english i’m using google translator.

Do you play with >150 ping then? You’d have to severely limit your hero pool then to be even remotely competitive (and you’d still underperform compared to some1 who plays with 50 ping)…
I can play (still much worse though) with 100 ping on NA central (I’m from EU), but 150 ping on NA west feels basically unplayable.
Playing with high ping, obviously it would still be you who loses, not the team, but unless you can fix your connection/choose a better server - there’s not much you could do about it. If I had to put a number for 50 vs 150 ping, I’d say the difference would be 1-2 leagues in terms of rank. A diamond player with 50 ping would probably end up somehwere in gold playing with 150 ping.

Well you already gave your opinion that I’m bad I’m bronze, I wish I had the opportunity to crush your arrogance in the game I came looking for a solution.
But blizzard doesn’t give me a channel to be heard I’m more concerned about finding out how to get money of the suckers, so far trying to understand how riot and steam have succeeded right under your nose, because once you listen, just thought of how to get more with less, I have an experience problem and am forced to come on a public channel to be attacked by little children, goodbye blizzard die with your arrogant little children.

If you talk like that in your games, then your biggest problem by far is your toxicity.

1 Like

you would expect an American to think that way, but I play on the Brazilian server, with good internet, and despite your government insisting on breaking our economy, we still eat tasty and healthy lunches at school, and there are health centers everywhere

Well 1) I never said I’m amercan. 2) I assume that hots has not enough players to support matchmaking outside NA/EU, so my assumption was that you play on NA servers (which should be at minimum 100 ping).
High ping would be a good explanation for why you could feel you’re better than you are ranked. But if that’s not the case, so we go back to square1 - your skill is accurately represented by your rank.

P.S. Toxicity is by far the best ways to lose games consistently. So if you really are as toxic in your games as you are on this forum thread, you’re most likely losing tons and tons of winnable games by just typing. If everyone else is as toxic in your games (I have no idea, I’ve never played on SA servers), then there’s even MORE reason to not start/join a word fight with them. “He started it” is not an excuse, if you’re looking to win a game. If you don’t care about winning those games, then fine, but don’t go on wondering why your rank is not rising…

thank you for blizzard support,
full of prejudiced opinions

You can only report every potatoe for everything, just in hopes they get banned, and AMove to the next potatoegame…

Games dead, devs dont care or even exist. Move on

I’m sorry but nobody is “stuck” in Bronze. If you’ve been B5 for years, you’re exactly where you should be.

You’re exactly the type of people I get in my games around 3pm EST… Happens everyday. You flame, spout illegible sentences, shouting report report!, calling teammates trash. Pretty much the reason I made this account name.