The placement system is non-existent

Dear HOTS support team,
i am a long time heroes of the storm player. I started playing this game 8 years ago. I used to play a lot and then i quit the game for some time and now i returned to the game. I used to play at plat level then when i started playing again this time i did 3 placement games which i won the first then lost the other 2 games. I got placed at the bronz league (or sliver 5). As i tried to play the game, i played with ppl who play their first games with the selected hero, i play with ppl who quit and leave us with a bot, i play with ppl who dies 4 times in 4 minutes. It is impossible to climb the rank back. Am i really the worst of the worst that i got placed in bronz league? My account lvl is more than 300. I never die more than 3-4 times in all my games. Try to carry but my impact on the game is sadly 10 percent(as i am 1 of the 10 ppl in the game and this game heavily depends on the team play) Look at my games with muradin and i make more hero dmg then the damage dealers in my team which is pathetic. When you get unlucky a few games it becomes impossible to climb back. I can’t expect to play 100s of games to neutralize the unlucky games. To sum up, I don’t think i belong to the bronz league as a long time hots player. These players here are beginners, do you think its fair to me? I know the basics of the game, i got many heroes that are lvl5 and more. I need support team to fix my rank, reset my mmr or something or make me play new placement games or put me in gold league at least. At this level i sadly can’t enjoy the game because my expectations are different then the bronz league players. I sadly won’t continue playing hots anymore because as i said bronz league is the beginners league, and i don’t enjoy every game to be a huge struggle between enjoying the game and try hard to carry your team. I truly think hots is one of the best and most enjoyable game that is out there when you have a team of 5 and want to keep playing this game. Thanks in advance, i hope this issue resolves.
Best regards,
hasumagic.

1 Like

Yes, the placements do almost nothing. You are lucky to go up 1 division (like from Silver 3 to Silver 2) even if you win all 3.

I wonder why they bothered having the placement system at all anymore. It was initially 20 games. That’s enough to swing someone two full leagues. Then it got reduced to 10. Ok, that can still swing a player up or down 1 full league (if they win or lose 10).

Why bother having 3 placement games, just remove the system, or put it back to 10 so low ranks can escape easier at the start of a season if they’ve improved.

1 Like

Being placement means nothing

1 Like

Play heroes who can fill more than one role. I’m an ex-diamond player who ragequit the game around the time of the tyrande rework. I picked the game back up last season and was placed into silver 5.
Its been rough but after only a couple hundred games I’m back into Plat. Through all of Silver I pretty much 1-tricked Tyrael cause he’s a tank, who doesnt need a healer, who can secure kills by himself with the Judgement ult, and at that ELO late-game picks secure games.

I also recommend Rehgar, cause played well he’s a solid healer who can also spam the map with Camps.

In Gold I switched to Johanna from Tyrael cause my teams started to, on average, develop the IQ to occasionally actually be worth tanking for and its harder for Tyrael to get kills solo, and Jo has the best late-game lane clear of any tank and can save nearly any situation with Falling Sword and holy bolts.

So, stick to heroes who are -not- team dependent, rather be the hero your team can depend on. Choose heroes who can either secure the game by themselves via late-game kills, or choose heroes who are over-valuable in terms of stats because they can do 2 roles at once.

In super-low ranks like Bronze and Silver I also recommend:
Dehaka, for the sheer abusive map presence
Kerrigan, for the nub-killing
Artanis, since he’s probably the easiest/strongest offlaner and can also be an incredible camper/racer

Yes, it exists: It puts me with 4 fu$$ing potatoes that can’t even right-click…

1 Like