The official Hero leaderboard for Quickmatch. (directed to the devs)

Success in draft game-modes depends in a great measure on general game knowledge, What heroes are good on this map? What hero should i pick to counter theirs? Do we need more wave-clear? I might have to heal this game, what healer should i pick?

Therefore the rank of the people that play ranked is not directly a measure of how good they are at one hero or the other, but a measure of their general game knowledge, draft skills and flexibility.

There is, in a very different fashion, a huge amount of people who have invested and invest hours, days, months and even years in perfecting only one character and are not interested in playing the others.

This effort has merit too, and is naturally, the cause of some of the best plays ever done, some of the most beautiful moments ever seen in the game.

Everyday these people are forced to rely on third party websites to monitor their progress and compare themselves to the competition.

There is a big stigma associated with using third party websites and, in the case of the Leaderboard, they have not enough credibility nor popularity to achieve their goals of being exact, useful and trustful.
Whatever uncertainty this leaderboard has stops a lot of people not only from admiring those who climb, but also from being motivated to make the effort to become one of the top players themselves.

I propose an official in-game ladder that, very much like the official GM ladder from ranked, appears inside of the QM tab and displays officially the top players for whatever hero you are interested in.

When this system is implemented, Quickmatch will no longer be defined as a place where low effort games are played, but instead as an unique place designed to facilitate you, if you are interested, to compare yourself against all the other players in the world for whatever hero is your favorite.

With this system in place, i have no doubt that many more people will find the motivation to give their gameplay the quality of a work of art, benefitting in this way the community enormously.

I ask humbly that HOTS continues the tradition of being revolutionary among all popular mobas; this system is never seen before in any other moba, easy to implement and would fill some members of our community with long deserved pride and fulfillment.

Sincerely yours, and attentive for feedback, Doomguy.