Thanks for killing this game

I have played this game almost exclusively for the last 3 years. I moved to it from League of Legends as I’ve found it to be the most fun MOBA out there. No CSing, shared experience, no items, no BS. I’ve made a lot of friends and even met one in real life on vacation in Canada. I even just got a close friend to start playing with me and bought him a Heroes mug for Christmas.

To hear that you are effectively killing this game really disappoints me, Blizzard.

I’ve bought and played Blizzard games since Diablo 1, but I will reconsider going forward.

Shame on you.

52 Likes

They only canceled HGC/ heroes of the dorm. If you don’t play professionally, nothing changes for you.

11 Likes

They’re moving Devs away from the game, and the horrible publicity is sure to reduce the number of people who play.

28 Likes

Ew, straight up lies.
That’s why people don’t like fanboys.

The remaining team will have the left-over work to patch into the game, events, features, heroes, mechanics, etc. and after that it’s mainly maintenance mode. Far less updates, recycling content heavily, lack of innovation and fixes, etc. etc.

Youre just showing your agenda when you say that “nothing would change for him.”

21 Likes

Still.

It will have no impact on you. Even if there’s a larger delay between the release of more cosmetics. It has absolutely no impact on gameplay, and very little impact on players.

And that little impact is based on the assumption that you already own everything and are waiting for more content.

2 Likes

Less updates and recycling content? Where does that information come from? How can you even know what they’re working on?

4 Likes

Oh you mean to tell us that the glaring issues that were promised to be fixed years ago would be fixed now, but even “slower” ?

Tell us more about how nothing will change. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Which glaring issues are you referring to exactly? You’re being very vague.

4 Likes

it will change a lot, even for casual players.
Reworks will come slower
balance takes longer
new content aka new heroes will released slower

so yes…it has an impact on my playing

12 Likes

frostmourne hungers for some cash

8 Likes

What specifically is the negative impact on you?

1 Like

all of them what i said

2 Likes

Exactly how does it negatively impacts you IF heroes aren’t release with the same schedule they are now?

What’s the negative impact on you IF reworks aren’t done a the current schedule?

1 Like

remember the time when fenix was broken af? you want heroes even longer to be in that state of the game because they have no one to make balances?
And the fun of the game is to get new heroes. I come from the time where there was every 3 or 4 weeks a new one and that keeps the game “new” and interessting.
But i think everyone has a different opinion on this

5 Likes

Weird, I loved watching both of those things, and I’m not a pro or a dorm player, so it does affect me. Weird, these changes are causing a lot of players to leave, which definitely effects me (longer queue times, lower quality games, etc).

Weird, I think you might be completely and utterly wrong and also probably foolish.

5 Likes

You really have no idea what a smaller dev team means do you? Honestly work in a computer field and the difference that one person makes is a massive change. Ain’t your fast food job where one person is fired does not make a diffrence.

5 Likes

That’s desrespectful for Arthas.

They never said they’d stop making balance patches. They said content might be reduced in frequency. I never knew a time when there were heroes ever 4 weeks, so I guess that’s lost on me. It made sense since the game hardly had any chars back then.

But if I took my enjoyment mainly out of new chars. I’d spend more time being bored with the game than having fun.

How is the HotS team setup now? What’s the new schedule vs the old one?

You got two people, a dog and a pack of gum.

1 Like