Recently I launched the Battle.net client and downloaded the new HotS patch. However, when I click “Play Game” I get stuck at “Preparing Game Data” with 0 kb/s. I tried removing the Blizzard/Battle.net folders from my appdata, temp, and localappdata folders, but the issue is persisting. I tried running a scan and repair from the Bnet client too. I tried to put in a ticket about this but was directed here. If a support rep could help me, I’d appreciate it. I have a screenshot and my dxdiag. Thank you
Even if the download starts it always downloads 133MB when I start the client.
I did the whole delete cache files then scan/repair or dxdiag whatever that a blue post will probably rave about but I ended up having to reinstall the game completely which solved the problem. I heard stories of people doing their solutions and still taking hours with a 5kb/s download speed. Reinstalling the entire game is literally faster than waiting that out.
tldr: HOW TO SOLVE: Reinstall
Thanks blizz