Stuck at Game Launch Screen

Recently installed Heroes of the Storm and I just started the game up. I get a brief window that says “Preparing Game Data” and then the application starts up and I see the Heroes of the Storm loading screen. This is the point where the game gets stuck. The “Loading” text in the bottom left flashes in irregular intervals and it doesn’t seem to get through. I’ve tried restarting my PC, running the Blizzard launcher as administrator, scanning for repairs using the launcher, and have updated my drivers. Nothing seems to get me past the initial loading screen. I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall the game last night, and I was finally able to get into the game, but I just reopened the game today, and once again I am experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

Did you find any solution to this?

I’ve got the same issue, any help?

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).