Strangely high ping

Hello I was wondering if anyone else has recently gotten a spike in ping? It used to be about 46ms for me but now the lowest one is 100+.

i get high pings occassionally, but my ISP is having problems in my area. so i can not say this is anything to do with Blizzard.

what you should do is a WinMTR while you play the game and experience these high pings. the WinMTR can show where the problems are coming from. just post the WinMTR and someone will tell you what is going on if your WinMTR shows things like high ping and packet loss.

Hey, Alice! We’re were seeing some reports of high latency with the ISP and general region (Twitter post). This should be resolved now. Is the latency any better?

If not, could you provide the WinMTR test requested by Morogoth while in-game running for 10-15minutes?

I’m sorry for the late reply. It’s working awesomely now. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
- 1 1231 1230 0 0 1 0
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

the one missing packet was when it first started. I’ve been noticing that the game just gives up showing me frames. Everything will be running fine and then out of no where I lose the last 4 seconds if visual inputs. The ping is always pretty low at about 30. But im not sure where else to put this.

Locking this thread, the initial issue on this thread was a known issue, which has been resolved. It is best to start a new thread, so we can focus on any new issues or different issues from there.

The issue with the frames sound like a completely different issue than a connection issue. Start a new thread with a DxDiag file. Place the DxDiag file between two (~~~~), it should look like so:

~~~~
DxDiag
~~~~