Stop going double healer in ARAM -it's killing the game

Being a “number-guy” doesn’t just mean that you look at raw numbers and interpret them out of context so it suits your bias…

2 Likes

Dude, you just made a thread named “I’ll pick what I want

That’s a bit inconsistent.

2 Likes

I’ll let you in on a little secret, some heroes like Azmodan and Nazeebo (Junkrat too!) are capable of very high siege numbers without really trying, or the player possessing that much skill.

Speaking of a lack of skill, in ARAM (or any mode), it is very possible to have high siege numbers while playing, say, Jaina, or Azmodan, because you might be missing your skill shots on heroes and mostly hitting minions.

This is why people ask for replays in threads like yours, as out of context, numbers often aren’t representative of your skill, or lack thereof.

3 Likes

that’s projecting an emotion to suit a bias and then trying to call it otherwise. Being a ‘numbers guy’ tends to mean that people reject pertinent context in favor of what they already want to think because they are suiting an ‘emotion’ and then decrying a presumption that someone not agreeing with that must be ‘emotional’.

While it’s generally better for people to play heroes that play better than not, you’re also faulting people for ‘dying’ in a team that doesn’t have the usual mitigation provided by a healer; you made a topic about people playing a ‘blame game’ and you are here playing a ‘blame game,’ just not to them.

People don’t accept a ‘truth’ because there’s actual little by way of ‘objective’ means to project it, especially if people think it is by numbers. For them, they’re telling you a ‘truth’ that their capacity to soak a superior amount of damage dealt (from 3 heroes) created enough space for the limited contribution on the other side to win the game; while they may have had doubts, it sounds like they still played it out, thus they contributed and suited the functions of their role, so their ‘truth’ is that they thus carried.

They also have stats they can tote to reaffirm the same ‘truth’, but in a different perspective and use the same rationalization to disagree with what you said to them, and thus they should tell you the ‘truth’ so you don’t have an over-inflated ego and then apply that to ‘real life’.

If someone follows the same process and comes to the same conclusion, then that is ‘truth’ to them, and if simply calling a few statements a ‘truth’ would convince people away from their bias and ego, they’d have already been ‘fixed’ before the ‘problems’ of that game were shared.

Hey hey! You have finally made it to my ignore list! Congrats!

You’re killing the forums, the game, and the fun. Have fun being selfish in the cesspool I have created.

1 Like

Some of their posts can spark a discussion, and on occasion they have valid complaints and/or observations.

However, of late, they are making a new thread for each bad ARAM game they play, and you know, there is a reason Darak created the Salt Mines, so the forums aren’t flooded with what is essentially spam.

3 Likes

I rarely go to the Salt Mines. Since I’m rarely salty. I try my best not put myself in that environment, as I could use as little stress as possible. Though if I were, it wouldn’t be HOTS related. I don’t know… how I feel about complaining about regular life stuff here. I would rather share to those willing to listen in private.

While you have a point I don’t have the patience to interact with this poster anymore. So it is best to put them on ignore and interact with those that give me hope in humans.

1 Like

Just finished an ARAM game with double healer on both teams.

12 minutes.

https://imgur.com/a/FZm4yU5

1 Like

: p

I specifically pick double healer when i see it because I enjoy playing that style

1 Like

No one will even watch my replays if I gave them out. People can’t even interpret my screenshots properly. I put one up where I’m about double damage of the other Junkrat and these people are like “he’s almost as good as you, he has slightly worse KDA”. How do you think he even got kills with such low damage? I got them low and he finished em to stay in the game.

Nah, the truth is I saw how they played their tanks and they complained rather than running back promptly. We had to 3v5 constantly because of their lack of effort and suiciding. They ran in 1v5 and 2v5 constantly, they ran in deep, they died, they complained. Since it’s my word against theirs, numbers and stats are all that matters, their deaths reflect they didn’t play their tanks well. Muradin you jump out and self-heal, same with Malganis, they played like potatoes and died constantly. It was honestly a shame to see people play their tanks that bad but I had to carry on the damage end so I couldn’t show them how to play Mura or Malganis.

I won’t post much, after all, D4 is coming out soon. I’ll be busy slaying demons and discovering new legendaries. It’s a shame what happened to this game though.

Hehe another “my team bad because I had big number” guy

1 Like

there are topics directly available where people share stuff and others actually do check it out. Your replies have thus far boiled down to “people don’t agree with my bias” and you’re just acting on that bias.

You could even ‘trick’ people by making a post and asking what could be done better, and you’d more likely get people to then check it out and confirm if you’re “always” as great as you claim.

There are reasons people around here are dubious of high-stat claims and the impact that they have largely because many of us have had games of teammates ranting about how great their padding had been, or more commonly, they neglect what ‘good’ their allies are actually doing because they have to prod themselves up at the expense of others.

If you stop acting in a way to confirm the bias, then you might actually find out people don’t behave the way you expect because you stop looking for the thing you want. These forums have some WoW-vets here that can point out part of the issue of number-fixations is they don’t distinguish between the differences in stat-padding and effective numbers. Sure, circumstances can indicate stats get high for a reason, or low for that fixation, but hyperbolic claims tend in indicate a late of understanding Effective numbers over bloated ones.

You don’t seem keen on the difference, and that’s part of why people are calling you out for ‘emotional’ despite asserting you aren’t being as such.

1 Like

I would, show me scaredy cat!
:scream_cat: :black_cat:

2 Likes

Posters are usually open to watching a replay, this is the reason RCW’s Hots Replay Thread exists.

You are correct in your assumption that people might not interpret your screenshots properly, simply because that’s impossible as without a replay, numbers alone lack context.

I suggest you post in RCW’s thread, there are still current and former master players who occasionally frequent the forums, they might not tell you what you want to hear, but if you’re open to feedback, the majority of them will be fair and gentle with you.

4 Likes

A better solution than telling the players to stop picking 2 healers is to tell blizzard to do their jobs and balance the game.

By design, a mode titled “All Random all Mid” is not supposed to be balanced. So in this case, Blizz is doing their job.

2 Likes

You both had 8 kills. You had 13 assists, he had 10 assist. If he had spent most of the game just finishing targets you damaged, He would have mostly assists with few kills.

But even if he did just finish targets, that’s still value. Otherwise, your targets would always walk away alive.

1 Like

except people that are given advise on how to see the game differently can actually play differently; telling a bunch of people that don’t work on a game to “balance” the game doesn’t actually change the game.

“better” solutions actually change something :thinking:

My teammate said double healer + mephisto was unbeatable but my point still stands:

https://i.imgur.com/ZwTIejB.jpg

Not doing this to flex but this kinda proves double healer is useless. If you replace one of their healers with a damage dealer they woulda had the explosive burst that gets kills. Instead, they couldnt do enough damage to take down my Nazeebo and I literally farmed their team and stats with battle toads.

I predicted we would win when people were complaining early on, told em the early game don’t matter and the healers will run out of gas. I guess it’s because I’'m a numbers guy I knew they wouldnt have enough damage to compete. Why do people think it is good and keep doing it in ARAM? Go damage. Stop trying to ruin many people’s last week of HOTS with your double heal and trolling before they migrate to Diablo 4.

Double healer, or almost any comp, can work in ARAM. One of the reasons (aside from player skill) is you are making a “blind draft”, you have no idea what the enemy is taking. They may lack sufficient damage to beat the sustain of a double healer comp.

Again, ARAM is a random mode, lots of variables.