Step by Step Stabilization Measures

I already wrote in different section how the seasonal exclusivity of collection items does basically nothing to help the game make any profit. By the time halloween skins roll in again I’ll most likely lose interest in the game, but I want to spend the money now and I can’t. They made so many mistakes mismanaging this property I’m surprised some of these people received promotions to continue working on future projects.

If they do decide to fix the current problems with missing items on the store, that would be great, but once they start a fire sale by making everything available year-round you will know the game has been fully abandoned.

Honestly, at this point I’m only participating in this thread to talk down on other people who value their personal time so little to even attempt brainstorming profit solutions for this joke of a company which has shown nothing but indifference to the player base and all the feedback we provide to them free of charge.

And it doesn’t feel wrong.

You don’t need CC to create an account and even if you did, why would that matter? You can always generate a few hundred of one-time use ones.

This will encourage to save up credits and only use them in appropriate circumstances. Too bad, someone else will report.

That does not sound very legal.

I mean in-between 1-30 games I bet I will find at least a few people who need to be reported. Also what if the other three people are friends with said hacker?

The thing is the report system is still the report system and likewise needs to be available at all times.

It would be almost like limiting bug reports or 911 calls. Instead we should limit multiple abusive reports, not the reports themselves.

In addition, I may not be in mood to pay for content, but I would gladly pay for fun. Look at Shadowlands, they’re just doubling down on cosmetics with the upcoming release while basic gameplay and underlying issues get overlooked.

Last hots patch did the exact same thing, it expands on cosmetics and breaks gameplay (or at very least makes it very unenjoyable). It’s just what we all wanted after 6 long months of winter?

Many banks let you generate virtual CC numbers … nothing illegal about it. It’s a way to make sure that the number is only used once and not for any recurring fees.

It’s impossible, it requires human review and nobody is going to spend money to do that.

No it did not. And if you’re going to make that claim, I would ask you to prove it.

What cost them players is never advertizing this game ever.

3 Likes

Well I feel having one report count per match is a good step. Or better define what abusive chat is.

2 Likes

Partially true, but why would you promote a flawed product in the first place? If it had several more redeeming qualities apart from the smooth and responsive gameplay, I believe word of mouth would have done all the heavy lifting. The advertising budget might just as well have been used on improvements and it would achieve a longer lasting effect.

They weren’t the first to come up with the idea, they were definitely the least reasonably priced among the competition and the actual game wasn’t actually any good for at least a half of its complete lifespan. Reminds me of all those battle royale cash grab titles on Steam that never got out of early release status but still made bank.

There’s a big content drought for all their flagship titles but they didn’t even consider using hots as a tool to keep players active on the platform and instead all these users are spending money elsewhere.

So you own Shadowlands, COD or some other triple A title on your account, here’s a special chest containing four random heroes. Try the game, it won’t cost you anything but it’s something to keep you hooked until the new patch for your main game ships out. Temporarily unlocking all the heroes for everyone simply does more harm to the player base because it encourages smurfing, but by gating this one time gift behind a nominal buy-in you eliminate this problem entirely.

Some that haven’t tried it yet because of all the bad rumors might like it and stay, could even spend some real money over this nice gesture from the faceless entity that made no actual attempts to monetize the product in the first place. Hell, I don’t even play Heartstone but I regularly log in for the free card packs and to at least check the new single player content for half an hour.

I don’t think it’s flawed.

The most successful games are advertised as hell. Even bad games like RAID can have tons of players through nothing but aggressive advertizing.

2 Likes

Active players need advertising to stay? I wonder why I never thought of that? Oh yeah, because it’s stupid.

1 Like

Active players need other players to play with. Otherwise, matchmaking suffers, queue times go up, and you can get things like solo and team rank merge. Where have we seen that? No advertizing, no new players. No new players, no game.

You are correct about something being stupid. You were just wrong as to what.

3 Likes

profound groan

Lol, what?

So you’re just another nutcase hanging around this forum basically? Hahahaha, how many does that make? No kidding it doesn’t feel wrong! :rofl:

Listen, management that has proven its ineptitude aside this is still Blizzard’s game. These people aren’t being asked to think hard or creatively, hence the title of the thread. The effort should be low; it’s known there are people still doing something on it. Don’t worry about stuff being brought back from the dead or what the tendencies of players in a weak gaming market are. The point is there are easy, common sense things to be done to unshackle the game, cut it more slack at least. Nothing extraordinary is being asked of these people. Just use its existing content to its advantage and silence as opposed to kick people out. Ironically everyone is devaluing this game.

It was estimated at 5-6 mil in 2017-2018 and well above that early, where did those go? Were too impressed with the game quality and thought they didn’t deserve such an amusement? How much advertising does DOTA do? I mean blizzard launcher alone does a ton in terms of advertising.

1 Like

Still nothing compared to LoL or Dota 2.

Steam > Bnet launcher by far.

5 Likes

The advertising stuff is nonsense. There was general awareness of the game and as you point out a substantial population much of which has been lost. These people for whatever reason just want to pretend there was and is nothing deeply wrong with the game. It’s a common thing in gaming, as is exaggeration the other way.

The lack of vision in these communities is frustrating. Aloof developers with little vision themselves put a game in a difficult spot. By the way, remember when AZ Jackson was replaced by another guy with a similar passion for the game? Whatever happened to that guy?

They put Warcraft 3 reforged, Starcraft 1 remastered and 2, Blizzard classic Arcade, and Heroes of the storm on one dev team. The dev team had many people quit and many of their experienced workers move to other teams to develop those games. This wing has low budget and probably a work force smaller than 10 people if they even have that.

Are you sure there’s no summoning ritual?

I keep thinking that’s more than enough. Maybe I’m just the really dumb one of everyone involved in this game.

its not a lot of people for the amount of games divided up. If 10 people were exclusive to hots it would be more than enough for a game on maintaince mode.

HotS is the only game, if we are to exclude WoW classic (which seems separate?) and the Diablo II remaster, that can potentially make money and have a future ahead of it. It’s obvious you’re trying to make a general remark as opposed to one pertaining to the particulars of the thread, but there is a major difference between the long since wrapped-up actual classic games that have had their run and this game that was designated a classic game because Blizzard couldn’t figure out what to do with it.