Step by Step Stabilization Measures

You said it yourself, you never tried to contest. So how would you know?

Unless you did in fact try to contest and it never worked out.

Not as funny as how you treat people as cash cows.

3 Likes

facepalm

Toxic people should be punished for their toxicity that’s how life works. You shouldn’t be able to do harm people and always get away with it. Punishment is fine to some degree to give people a lesson, but perma-ban isn’t fine, because it’s actually harder than real crimes and that’s an issue.

1 Like

You know your just proving my point, right?

2 Likes

You’ll just get to see them on a different, fresh account. Should focus more on encouraging and reinforcing good behavior rather than finding other non-solutions on how to punish players. The game has no entry fee.

O Lord, here comes the brownie points theory.

TBF they would have to regrind heroes and start from base zero. Which could be a pretty big barrier.

I would like to encourage positivity but then again humans tend to be awful creatures.

I also believe it might a problem with the person itself. Some people are just meaner or nicer than others.

1 Like

True, but creating a different account and start from the scratch is hard enough and that’s fine for me tbh.

1 Like

And thus we have come full circle. lmao

You mean like in wow, the game with some kind of actual progression? They blatantly allow these bots which are funded by stolen credit cards to run around for months at a time, do you think it’s hard for someone to simply buy an entire bundle of heroes on a new account? I’m just saying how account bans achieve nothing while some players may get caught in the crossfire.

Unless you get lucky with daily quests getting the heroes you want will take some time unless you spend money.

Or unless you play obsessively for coins, which sounds like a nightmare in of itself.

I think the stolen credit cards are way more serious than making an alt account.

If you are aware of a stolen credit card ring for HOTS I am much more concerned about that.

lol, you realize that current system that you are defending already lost all the customers…that’s why there is no money in it. Meanwhile, sure, there are kids yelling stupid stuff into the mic 24/7 in cod, fortnite, etc. Wanna check their financials vs hots? Nobody is defending outright bad behavior, but the self-police in hots doesn’t work at all and that’s why there is zero money in it now.

I agree that Hots reportsystem is heavily flawed, but I doubt that it is the reason Hots struggles.

3 Likes

Removing it altogether would be much much worse.

2 Likes

Who the hell has suggested to remove it here? Do you know where you’re at?

Please take a moment to let it sink in…

Reconnect alone is worth tossing that engine out of the window, to be honest.

Unfortunately, based on empirical data there is zero support for such optimism. Do you know any games that been brought back from dead? Any genre, anything. In general, many players will simply ignore old stuff, I’ve been looking for something to play lately and honestly, I am not looking at anything that was released a decade ago. So chances of suddenly attracting a bunch of new players are practically zero.

Point of disagreement #2 is pretty much taken care of above, their logic (the management) is that it’s not even worth looking for ways to bring it back. It just never happens, their entire work experience screams that.

I’m not making this up, Blizzard PR themselves said how the overwhelming majority of these problematic accounts present an endless game of whackamole for them and how they can’t come up with a solution (probably because it requires an actual support team which eats a tiny bit of their profits).

The problem is only less noticeable in hots because of smaller interest. If you are going to steal, simply go all knowing you won’t be caught. By the time they catch you, you’ve already recouped the original investment to repeat it all over.

Even simple fixes would suffice. Lets say you get one report “credit” for every 30 games you play. This will stop people from abusing it and reporting for “picking the wrong character”, “not doing what I said you should do”, “I had a bad day and you typed gg in caps, so there it is”, etc.

So alt accounts in every Blizzard game use stolen credit cards?

Sorry but it is a bit hard to follow.

I think this would encourage people not to report. Also what if I find a hacker but I lack a report credit?

How about only one report counts during a match. This is also how OW does their reporting system. So getting reported by five people in a match will only count as one, not five.