Startable, but flickering without -dx9 in command line

Hello,

I read that today’s patch has stopped Directx 9/32 bit support. Since some patch at the beginning of 2016 I suddenly had a constant “flickering” in Hots, both in the game and in the menu. At some point I found out that the whole thing can be fixed by typing -dx9 in the command line in the launcher. This seems to have no effect since today, which is why I have this flickering again (So Hots is launchable, I could theoretically even start a game, but it is absolutely unplayable in this state.) Strangely, my system actually runs on Directx11 and 64-Bit (Windows 8), like I said, this has never been an issue at all up until the beginning of 2016. Anyone have any idea what I can do now? :confused:

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with Heroes following the update… with anything graphics-related, we should start by checking if your OS and video drivers are up-to-date.

Updating Your Drivers and Operating System

After tending to those, let’s try resetting the Heroes config file to default values:

Resetting In-Game Options

If issues persist, then we’ll want to look over a system profile to see if anything else stands out.

Obtaining System Files

A DXDIAG can be included in a reply to the forum post.

Hey, I fixed it with the help of someone in my German thread Flackern ohne -dx9 in der Befehlszeile - #6 von Mikaeru-2523 - Technischer Kundendienst - Heroes of the Storm Forums :slight_smile: It was indeed a graphics card driver issue, mine was outdated, but the newest one (which was suggested by Nvidia to fit my System) didn’t work. Now I actually installed one from the year 2016 and it worked :sweat_smile: