South American racists

All Lives Matter Until Black Lives Matter

Is what the protesters saying down the street

2 Likes

Isn’t all of this kinda racist too?

The pot calling the kettle black…

1 Like

If I lived in Brazil I’d worry less about video games and more about getting out of Brazil.

3 Likes

What made you want to disclose your ethnically in the first place? Animosity is the Internets greatest strength.

2 Likes

I agree. Racism should stop and all. But unfortunately in online people will just say anything without fearing the consequences. I suggest you mute everyone from the start of the game and just continue.

1 Like

I don’t really have a problem with this. I don’t care what nationality people are.

This is the key here. What bothers me isn’t even people being racists, toxic, xenophobics or whatever, what makes me sad is that it takes too long for someone like that to get silenced by Blizzard. Sometimes that person need more than 100 reports to get silenced for only 1 day.

1 Like

i play in the brazilian server as well, and what i notice is that latin american gamers are under 20 years old average, thats why they are so “toxic”, most players are just kids.

in contrast, in both of my classic wow guilds (us server) are like +30 and +40 years old average; so yea…, its not a “brazilian, argentinian, paraguayan, Chilean” issue.

1 Like

Mute and move on. It’s not like we don’t have buttons for this.

1 Like

Shouldn’t OP change this thread title btw?
It does not convey what the actual topic is.

1 Like

Indeed, just report, mute them and move on. Creating threads like these makes people who say hateful things happy, they enjoy to know the things they have said have caused hurt, or garnered them attention.

2 Likes

i hope when i or another individual decides to dig through some peoples, like this guy:

's post history, you dont have some dumb post about how racist some OTHER terms and things are.

also, sorry to the OP, because this has been an issue for the br community (since wc3 2001 lmao) but also i think since last year? i found a thread awhile back while trying to google the weather anomaly with the exact same issue from a BR player dealing with racism from argentians and south americans.

plus i heard another big issue is that everyones speaking different languages and matchmaking can get tough when one guys speaking portuguese and another spanish
inb4 “they should just speak english”

I don’t understand your point. I am against racism, racist slurs and harassment, but I am for blocking/reporting that person and just going on about your game.

If you stop playing and lose the match because of one person like that, you are just allowing the harassers to win.

That is exactly what they are trying to do when calling you names. They are trying to agitate you so you stop playing or get an AFK penalty.

4 Likes

Pings are universal, though, and exist for a reason, you know?

Unless the player is the kind of people that starts to authistic-yelling if someone pings. But in that case that player is the problem.

1 Like

We do reports. But did you realized that blizzard doesn’t speak portuguese? Dude, theses acts of racism are in ALL MATCHES. I can give at least 20 prints about it. All games have at least one. We report, report, report and nothing happens.
I understand that internet is a toxic place, it’s true but we need to fight against it. I’m a girl and you cannot imagine the bad stuff that i listen in game… WIch is the solution? Move on? On youtube, facebook, twitter should i have to move on too?

2 Likes

You can block and report of course. But, IN ALL MATCHES have at least one. IF you block all these guys, you don’t play with communication. And have more, they stay stopped in the base, kill yourself etc

Do yourself a try, change your game location and do some “foolishness” say something in portuguese like DESCULPA (I’m SOrry) and wait to see.

1 Like

Reports for abusive chat are automated. As long as you keep reporting abusive people they will be automatically silenced or suspended after they accumulate enough reports from unique players.

Blizzard also has staff in every major language, including portuguese. I can assure you they can have local staff look into their chat logs, if the abusive person decides to appeal their silence.

Even the HotS support page itself is available in portuguese.
https://us.battle.net/support/pt/games/heroes/671

I wish other countries adopted the word soccer. As far as I know, there’s no other sport that competes with the word soccer. Football competes with American football for clarification

Technically its American Football (known to Americans as Football) and Football (known to Americans as Soccer).

That’s like telling the world to use the customary system (foot, yard, mile) instead of the metric system (centimeter, meter, kilometer).

The US is just different, for reasons I know not. Its dumb.

3 Likes

That argument is not the same. If the customary system was also called the metric system when both are different in actuality (foot vs meter) then it’d be the same as the football vs football argument. And in that case, you’d rather be more specific and have people call your system the customary system instead of the second metric system or American metric system