So who is D1rewo1f?

The reworked Dragon Shire has a statue that produces a message when moused over:

What’s up with that?

4 Likes

I don’t know what it is, but I would to know.

Rickon Stark /jk

Maybe an easter egg for a dev or something like that. A memento.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, but I’d be interested in knowing what kind of memento. Is it someone who’s no longer with us? Is it a cool thing that a dev put in the game for their kid? Is it someone from the team that won an office tournament?

I could find this atleast.

This easter egg has been here since 2015 evidently, but seems they moved it to a statue.

1 Like

Three things in my mind.

• Game of Thrones.
  • A reference to an employee.
  • Just a reference to the skin in the shop.

We11, my theory 1s that th1s guy ca11ed D1rewo1f’s favor1te number 1s 1.

5 Likes

That egg was there since the previous version of Dragon Shire, it was not added with the reskin, but they changed it to be a giant statue instead of a little man on the black dire wolf mount.

Maybe in memory of some employee who passed away?

Maybe some ex-WoW player/employee?

that’s literally the new varian skin they added at least the statue is* idk who’s the person with that name

Google brings me to another thread that claims it’s a tribute to a dead employee.

That’s been in the game since Alpha dragonshire if I recall properly, what it is no idea. It was on the opposite side of where it is now and it was a small wolf. It’s actual significance is a mystery, probably a inside dev joke.

d1rewo1f was present since the release of the map, however i do not think it has anything to do with someone in blizz who made an impact or something. i think its just an outside easter egg. still i love easter eggs. the one i love most is in WoW about the developer, kanai griffith, who passed away, they made an NPC of him painting ( he is related to drawing i believe ) and the dialogue they put with him has a feeling to it, as if the team were actually grieving for his loss ( i know they would be sad but the dialogue is kinda too much D:)

Nah. Jon Snow. Dragon shire, dire wolf. C’mon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like