All interactable Easter Eggs of all maps in the game

Hail and well met all!

As the topic suggests, lets list ALL Easter Eggs the game has to offer us, so every one can enjoy them. For those who don´t know, Easter Eggs in games mean hidden secrets, interactions references scattered around for players to find.

Below I have listed everything I know of concerning Easter Eggs. If the list is in any way incomplete or has errors in it, I trust you guys to complete it!

So, lets begin:

The maps I DO know having Easter Eggs:

EDIT: Try Mode:

If you actually kill a Training Dummy, an Easter themed Murky´s Egg will briefly spawn on its place

Punisher & Garden Arenas (Brawls):

There is a Waldo (guy dressed in all white & red stripes) hidden in the crowd. Left-clicking him makes him stand up, wave to the player and dissapear with a pop. This makes the crowd cheer for you.

Garden of Terror (old):

The player-controlled Garden Terror used to have the “dance emote command” that made the Terror do Michael Jackson´s “Thriller” moves.

And I seem to recall that there were one small garden gnome statue (the ones that are scattered all across the map in the new version) hidden near the upper Boss Terror that could be knocked off with an AoE ability.

Braxis Holdout:

On left top lane, there is an arcade machine that can be left-clicked. It projects an intense arcade-style fight scene between two Samuros.

Blackhearth´s Bay:

In the middle of the map, there are two sharks hanging in racks. Left-clicking them repeatedly will make them break free and jump back in to the sea.

Alterac Pass:

Next to right player Spawning Altar, there is a Peon cutting a tree. Repeatedly left-clicking makes him grunt the famous Orc voice lines from Warcraft I-III

Battlefield of Eternity:

On right top lane, close behind to the first Fort, there is a sword struct in the rock. Left-clicking it 5 times makes it drop to the ground, looking like a loot from Diablo III. It can be clicked again as many times as wanted, making your Hero repeat his\her personal “Can Not Do” -voice lines. After few seconds not interacting with the fallen sword, it dissapears. After the game, as a Core is being destroyed, a Treasure Goblin can be seen briefly stealing some of the dropped Core loot, then dissapearing in a portal.

Another interaction is also with the Hell´s side (right). There are gigantic Flay Demons from Diablo III hanging in the background. If a Hero moves right in front of them, they lean forward and inspect the Hero, making nefarious whispers.

Infernal Shrines:

Has all the same interactions as Battlefield of Eternity, but the sword is hidden in the Heaven´s side (left) middle lane, behind the first Fort.

Cursed Hollow:

The first player who touches the left side Watchtower, makes one of the pillars surrounding it partly collapse. This does not always occur, but at my personal knowledge, it seems to happen mostly when an enemy side Hero touches it first. This can be easily done by Dehaka right before the game starts.

Another interaction, as I have heard rumored (so I have not confirmed this), is that there is apperently a pig near Siege camps, that Garrosh can throw if he took the level 20 talent (throw 2nd enemy with E). This can only occur if there are no other 2nd enemy to throw.

Dragon Shire:

On top lane, there is a royal court sitting in the background. By howering mouse on the guy mounted by wolf, a text is displayed saying “The Little King D1rewo1f”. Apparently this is a tribute to a Bizzard employee who died before the game was published.

Another interaction is that the player-controlled Dragon can use the “dance emote command”, making it wave its arms.

EDIT: You can use any AoE to destroy the gigantic statue in the top middle, right obove the Shrine

Tomb of the Spider Queen:

On left top lane, befind the first Fort, there is an amulet that can be left-clicked. After clicked 5 times, Harrison Jones from WoW leaps down and steals the amulet, climbs up and escapes. After the game, as a Core is being destroyed, he quicky drops down with rope and cheers with the winners.

Sky Temple:

In middle of the map, right below the Boss, there is a well lid. By left-clicking it 5 times, it breaks, and Harrison Jones from Wow climbs up in distress, calls upon a flying carpet and escapes. Gigantic spider legs can be seen reaching the well after Harrison has escaped. This is a straight continuation on the hidden interaction on Tomb of the Spider Queen, implying that these two maps are layered up.

Towers of Doom:

After the player has died, a Spirit Healer from WoW appers on the right bottom mound on the background. When left-clicked a text appears: “If you find your corpse, you can resurrect for no penalty. If I resurrect you, all of your items will take up to 25% durability damage.” This is a straight reference to WoW when the player dies.

Warhead Junction:

On right side of the battlefield, between mid and top lane, there is a pond of nuclear waste water with a brown lump on in. By left-clicking the lump 5 times, an eye emerges, looking around for awhile, after which it submerges back.

The maps I DONT know having any Easter Eggs:
Your help is needed to fill these!

Hanamura Temple - I have never found anything interactable on this map, but there are statues in the middle presenting both Samuro and Artanis.

PvE survival maps (Escape From Braxis & Deadman’s Stand) - ?

ARAM maps - ?

Other Brawl maps with hidden interactions ?

Volskaya Foundry - EDIT: player-controlled Protector can use the “dance emote command”, making it do a youthful and funny-looking twisting. Pointed out by: Hoku

Haunter mines (old) - ?

Haunted Mines (new) - ?

Lost Caverns (Custom ARAM map) - ?

Garden of Terror (new) - ?

Lets work together to gather the ultimate list of HoTS Easter Eggs!

15 Likes

Really interesting post, there were some of them i didnt know!

1 Like

This is really fun and I’ll have to start trying some of them next time I’m in game, thank you for sharing.

Not an Easter Egg but more of a gameplay tip I’ve come across recently: if you are fighting sneaky enemies that like to ambush, be aware that you can detect their ambushes early through good observation. A lot of the maps have background elements that react when players approach, pots falling over and breaking, birds taking flight, etc… Be aware that those map elements moved because a player is there. Being more aware of this the past few weeks has helped me flip a few ambushes and avoid more.

5 Likes

If you are the pilot for the protector, you can /dance. It’s dance is pretty amusing, especially when on the enemy’s core.

2 Likes

Now i have to do a checklist and try all the stuff mentioned above.

I am also pretty sure you can destroy some decorative pottery on Sky Temple and Tomb.

Funny i was going to make this very post asking about all newer maps. i didnt know about alot of these.

I found a really old video with Sky temple, Tomb, blackhearts bay and when braxis was brand new, it shows some of the above.

Been playing for years and only knew about the tomb of the spider queen and the dances with controlled bosses. Will be nice to find these for myself when I get home today, thanks.

Oh yeah, knew that but forgot to add it! Thank you :slight_smile: The Protector dance is indeed very cool to pull off, mostly when winning ofcourse :smiley:

1 Like