SL matching making and parties

I know this thread has probably been posted a million times, but this is my first forum post ever. I know that the devs probably won’t even see this and if they do they probably won’t care and have heard it a million times. But all the games except one I have played tonight has been people nearly plat in 3-5 man parties playing against me and mid silver random solo players. I’m not trying to be degrading or toxic, but this is really disheartening for solo players. I know they tried to hide it so people didn’t get tilted in draft or before game, but… You can still see after the game and tell by the rank differences what is going on. I would really love to just have a solo/duo queue with no more than one full tier difference in party members or at least a way to get closer to the MM for parties to play other kind of similar parties. At least give us an option to solo only queue even if it takes us forever to find a game. I understand that would make a team league or regular SL hard for people playing with friends to find games, but from a competitive stand point and a person wanting to improve, it’s really, really hard not to get discouraged by this. I just wish there was some way to fix it. Maybe the player base isn’t big enough to take it back to the way things use to be? If people want to play with friends they can always play unranked or QM. It just isn’t fun for me anymore because I like to try to rank up solo.

You come across the same players over and over so there is no actual way to hide what is going on when you see the same players on the enemy team together over and over even if you went as far as to hide their rank.

The game is already so far down the drain, can’t we just try SOMETHING different?

1 Like

So true. People can only rank up past plat with this boost method now

1 Like

Sure, I get first potatoepick Abathur & Nova. “different”…

and because the ranking system is designed to keep players in their positions no one can scale.