Skin: Alarak, Sunwalker

When Star Lord Leoric led his attack upon the forces of Prince Va’Rian, it was his bodyguard, Sunwalker Alarak, who stood by him and fended off the Empire’s assault. Even though the light answers Alarak’s call, many have often questioned his thirst for retribution, though few would question his determination.

Sunwalker Alarak is a Legendary skin created for Alarak that sees him reimagined as a light-wielding Space Paladin (a-la Dranei). His armor is instead gold and white, and while abilities are still the same, they are charged with holy energy, giving off searing white light instead of his usual red.

However, the main draw of the skin is not the new animations, but the alternate set of voicelines that sees Alarak as if he was a servant of the light. Though he may serve the light, this new Alarak still throws his trademark sass whenever possible.

Here are some samples of new lines:

Pre-game Banter:

Generic: “The light does not wait. Are you ready?”

Negative: “It is the job of the strong to protect the weak. So you should stay behind me.”

Demon: “A demon has joined forces with the light? Tired of being on the losing side, I see.”

Undead: “I don’t suppose it is too much to ask that you stay dead? No matter, you will be - one way or another.”

Holy ally: “Ah, a fellow wielder of the light. If only the rest of our team were so competent.”

Uther: “Uther the Lightbringer! I’ve read your book - I only hope you fight as well as you write.”

Leoric (Star Lord): “Star Lord! By what cosmic prank must I ally with you!?”

Murky: “Embrace the light, little one; use it, and we may both find Retribution.”

Move/Attack Commands:

“Light makes Might”

“My Retribution will be denied no longer”

“Let them see the light”

Kills:

Generic: “Repent, and I may allow you to shine my boots.”

Holy enemy: “How someone so weak is able to wield the light, I will never know.”

Undead: “No rest for the wicked.”

Demon: “Hah, as if evil ever stood a chance.”

Alarak: “If only I could have made you see the light. Sigh Oh well.”

While behind: “Their advantage falters! Slay them!”

Kill Streak Shutdown: “Those who live by the blade should be ready to meet mine.”

Healing:

Healed: “Urgh, I’m a much better healer.”

Fountain: “My power will not be wasted on you, go heal yourself.”

4 Likes

This looks very cool. :yellow_heart: I would like this skin.

I like the idea of Alarak as a self righteous space paladin. But I think they’re more likely to give the role to Artanis, who is already practically a space paladin.