Should QM be removed from the game?

Care to support any of your allegations with some kind of evidence? Because right now you’re just ranting. At the very least come up with some (plausible) reason why QM somehow caused any of those problems.

No matter what you claim, QM is still the most popular game mode. You might not agree, but that’s how it is. It is also undeniable that QM has a clear merit in being the only mode to fully allow players to pick their Heroes.

Again, you’re free to dislike QM. It has its flaws, and there are clear arguments why someone might not like it. However, that’s entirely a player issue, not a QM or game issue. Others might even like QM because of those quirks. And there are other game modes for people who dislike QM. Play those instead. Unranked draft already solves 90% of issues people have with QM. If you’re still playing QM despite not liking it, it’s 100% your problem for wasting your life on things you don’t even enjoy. And if you’re calling for QM’s removal despite not even playing it, you’re just being a selfish jerk.

Also, please stop with the cheap lies in your opening post. Don’t bother pretending you’re ‘asking for opinions’ when it’s so obvious you’re actually making (yet another pointless) ‘remove QM’ troll thread.

4 Likes

Yeah - Quickmatch should have never been a mode to begin with.

Who knew that a mode that throws drafting out the window completely destroys all sense of balance where x hero is overpowered in Quickmatch due the possibility of having zero counters while fine in a draft .

Proof? This very forum of people complaining about heroes and lacking counters in QM.

Who knew destroying one of the core pillars of design for a MOBA could EVER BE JUST SO FREAKING TERRIBLE?

Except heroes have been balanced for QM - a mode that destroys balance because core fundamentals for designing a MOBA… is draft.

To literally think that Quickmatch have been healthy mode for this is straight up delusion and ignorance of the genre and it’s design. The quickmatch idea should have been laughed at and the guy fired for being so stupid.

The difference? I care about the long-term health for this game and for it’s community and quickmatch has and will forever be holding it back as long as the developers balance for it.

Edit: As well as being ignorant on the competitive market, community, and environment.

3 Likes

Draft is worthless and nobody cares.

and ignorance of the genre and it’s design.

Edit: As well as being ignorant on the competitive market, community, and environment.

1 Like

QM is the only place you can play whichever heroes you want. Or, do you want people just pick whatever they want in ranked games, and don’t give a damn about the comp? … Oh wait.

I’ve played both QM and HL. You know what? QM is actually less toxic than HL. Surprisingly, it’s even less toxic in ARAM. Because there is no draft, people just accept whatever they end up with, and not b***hing about “why don’t you pick this, why don’t you pick that.”

2 Likes

And heroes of the storm would actually be better without those people.

Again - most of these posts are coming from sheer ignorance on this subject. Ignornace in MOBAs, Ignorance in the market and what makes them successful and much more.

The casual does not keep MOBAs alive. It’s the competitive crowd and the fact balance changes have been made for casuals is what kills this game.

If Blizzard didn’t cater to casuals - This game could have honestly been one of the big three and in it’s prime.

Then, stick to your damn HL, won’t you? All the elites can go ranked games, and all casuals can play QM however they want. Why must you stick your nose to others’ business?

I love to play Abathur, thus I stick to QM. Want me to pick Abathur in every game in HL, then you cry about it?

4 Likes

Because Heroes of the Storm is my business mate.

As long as changes are made for casuals. Any competitive game will die. You should try reading what I said because your response had zero meaning to what I am saying

Because catering casuals and quickmatch are **unhealthy and ends up destroying competitive games **

Is the state Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft in right now not enough for you? Both games are at the lowest right now because of casuals. But the casuals are having their fun. Who cares? Right?

That’s the problem with casuals. They’re unable to think outside their little heads at the bigger pictures.

That’s why casuals love Titanforging and any half way serious player hates it and if you look at their profile. They only do LFR and barely normal raids.

1 Like

From what I heard when HGC was killed, Blizzard catered around the pros, not the casuals. See how people cry in joy for that. I don’t know which one is true, and I don’t care, not a damn.

All I care is a mode where I can play my lovely slug without people harassing me. If you dare to remove my mode, I swear to God that I will bring hell to your ranked games.

2 Likes

They barely catered to the pros and I’m not advocating to only cater to barely 5% of the playerbase. Many pro players have spoken out against the balance in this game.

Exactly. HGC was killed and even more people left So good job proving my point.

So think majority of the playerbase cried for joy is purely delusion. Only people who don’t understand competitive games and it’s market and it’s community and what makes competitive games thrived.

We probably aren’t even in same 4 brackets in rank. So don’t worry.

But great attitude kid. You clearly just showed me you don’t belong playing this type of game.

1 Like

I actually went to Hotslogs (it’s the best source I could find) back in early January and added up all the games played in different modes to get a percentage.

QM had around 716.4K games, HL & TL had around 410.7K and UD had around 126.6K.

The percentages are more towards 57.1% QM, 32.8% HLTL and 10.1% UD.

Majority of the players just play in QM. It was Heroes’ main selling point when they first launched, one that was praised because you could play as the hero you wanted.

4 Likes

You should read my post on this subject. It’s been nothing but terrible balance wise for the game.

I took into the account the AI exclusive players, like i said before.

Its a huge part.

1 Like

Given that HL/TL players are probably more prone to upload games, it is safe to assume that the amount of QM games is actually quite a bit higher relatively.

Adding Brawl and AI would then finally put the draft modes as neglegible fringe interest.

3 Likes

The amount of denial in you is quite amazing.

I take it you don’t respond to those who can factually, objectively prove you wrong often cause you want to live in your own fantasy world.

You do realize by disliking a draft basically means you don’t like MOBAs? Right?

Quickmatch is just an inferior design and it clearly shows by the amount of quickmatch complaints. :thinking: Don’t you think?

1 Like

I’m not denying how messed up Quick Match is, but there is definitive proof that QM is the most popular game mode. And coming from Dota 2, I can see why. It’s nice just jumping into a match and playing the hero you actually want to play.

I also played Heroes wayyy back in Alpha, and back then, QM wasn’t as bad as it is now. Which post are you specifically referring to? I’d like to know more before giving my opinion.

Yes it should. Ranked & Unranked draft. QM is what killed this game, along with crappy loot boxes and no progression rewards.

1 Like

Just because it’s the most popular mode does not make it a good thing for the game.

The posts I made in this thread. I would also recommend Uncleganon posts in the Kael’thas thread.

The biggest failure of HotS is catering to casuals and people who don’t even like MOBAs. In every competitive game that’s ever been released. They eventually die without a competitive backing.

2 Likes

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Good luck selling radioators in Death Valley.

3 Likes

Great counter points.

1 Like