Should QM be removed from the game?

I learn nothing from QM because unless the teams are balanced both composition and MMR it is a grand waste of time.

3 Likes

Sadly it is to late now. QM is popular but it is without a doubt the worst way to play HotS. Way to many people have decided that QM is the way to go because they don’t know any better.

Draft only would make the game multiple times better. Sadly to late to do this now. QM should have never been a thing but it is to late now.

3 Likes

If they removed QM, they would remove me from the game as well.

What else am I supposed to play then? Draft? Yuck.

3 Likes

Considering the oceans of tears produced during QM comp changes i would say nope.

REMOVE IT

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

1 Like

i have hammered on this point many times over and over. QM, is the sole reason Hots is in the same state it was 4 years ago. i love this game but QM totally ruins the entire fun experience of the game. i don’t get why Hots doesn’t have BLIND/QUICK DRAFT like LoL. if your team trolls, at least you have some chance of getting a composition that makes sense on a map. the entire QM atmosphere is full RnG fiesta. you can’t honestly tell me that qm is fun when you get bullied by broken comps and feel totally worthless or stomp others with broken heroes.

replace Quick Match with Quick Draft, or just have ARAM. problem solved.

3 Likes

I think a lot more. Considering the wait times for QM (35s) vs Hero League (350s), and my experience that roughly 10% of QM players I meet touch HL or TL, I would guesstimate it much higher. Someone has been floating a 75% which I suppose is a bit overestimated.

For sure there are players who don’t play QM at all (like I did for a time), also not sure about Unranked.

QM shouldn’t be removed due to being the only mode that allows you to play what you want. Doesn’t always give an appropriate environment (players / map), but hey. Apparently a lot of people appreciate it.

Part of the issue is how people melt down from certain picks, such as Nova. I usually check the player and confirm the winrate, but I’m the minority.

Also, it is the only mode where you can practice heroes reliably. AI isn’t very helpful, except for trying the moves for very new players.

1 Like

why do they need to remove it?

People can cry about it all day, maybe they should move on to UR or Ranked play.

2 Likes

this crap unplayable game should be removed from battlenet, game where the less " idiots" in team gives you 100% win is pure joke.

Not a good idea. QM is the most popular mode by a long shot.

Go on hotslogs and look at games played. You’ll see a large difference between TL & HL combined and QM. The difference is even larger if you compare QM to UR.

Or maybe because they just want to play a specific hero

I really wouldn’t use word of mouth as the sole source of information here. VIdeo game Players LOVE to complain

Really dude?

This is just delusional.

1 Like

Only if you want other modes to be played more

QM is the most popular game mode. That pretty much sums up everything in regards to the claim that "QM is not getting a lot of support from players. ". Blatantly false.

2 Likes

QM has a lot of critical problems which is currently killing hots. And does it look like it is gonna get fixed? We waited 3years for the solution and it is still getting nowhere. Hots is going die because of QM anyway. So why don’t we try something new instead of waiting for it to die? Many players might leave the game, so what? The game would have died anyway. It’s just a matter of time. At least there is little hope if they do something about. And besides hots is a TEAM GAME. It isn’t just about picking the only hero you want. You are supposed to discuss it with your teammates and cooperate with them. Because it’s a team game.

I do support current QM mode and i don’t want drastic changes to it. People who are pushing for changes just want to turn QM into more competitive mode than ranked, because in ranked you don’t have full control about team comp and in their revision of QM system is going to decide for you about comp. So in result QM is going to be more competitive than ranked.

2 Likes

This mistake was made from the start.

QM should never have existed in the first place. If Blizzard had just utilized the same game modes as the other MOBAs like blind pick and draft mode at the start of this game, then we wouldn’t be stuck here. Now it’s too late to remove it, as players are too used to the mode and wouldn’t tolerate not having it as the default game mode.

Yet another terrible decision by Blizzard that has doomed this game from the beginning.

3 Likes

They just simply wanted to avoid situation when the toxicity starts at the select screen. Now people rather blame the flawed system instead of other players so is a win/win situation. Also stomp in HotS takes about 10+ minutes, while in other games it takes much longer. In DotA 10 minutes is like “game just started”, then you basically can wait 5 minutes when people call vote to pause for waiting someone who is dcd.

1 Like

No.
Hero league, unranked draft, and Team League all play basically the same.
Quick Match plays differently in that you don’t know what your composition will hold, so it’s fun trying new talents and strategies that you wouldn’t see otherwise. Quick match is basically what draft is in trading card games (you “draft” with talents), as opposed to the other modes which are like constructed.

So if anything they should just merge the other three modes that are pretty much exactly the same.
Additionally, I don’t see why they couldn’t let you choose a role you want in TL and match you with players that want different roles… Or even pre-made teams that specifically state they are looking for that particular role.
Then people wouldn’t be forced to play roles they don’t like or aren’t good at, which is part of the reason people avoid the ranked modes.
It’s also partly because the quest system is stupid. It lets you complete any quest, with any hero as long as you’re playing ranked, but if it tells you that it’s not immediately visible. So people think they have to play QM for their daily or risk being forced to not complete a quest.

2 Likes

Nope. Putting in QM comp restrictions four years ago could’ve avoided the current situation, but it’s too late now.

No. And I miss the downvote button.

2 Likes

Care to support any of your allegations with some kind of evidence? Because right now you’re just ranting. At the very least come up with some (plausible) reason why QM somehow caused any of those problems.

No matter what you claim, QM is still the most popular game mode. You might not agree, but that’s how it is. It is also undeniable that QM has a clear merit in being the only mode to fully allow players to pick their Heroes.

Again, you’re free to dislike QM. It has its flaws, and there are clear arguments why someone might not like it. However, that’s entirely a player issue, not a QM or game issue. Others might even like QM because of those quirks. And there are other game modes for people who dislike QM. Play those instead. Unranked draft already solves 90% of issues people have with QM. If you’re still playing QM despite not liking it, it’s 100% your problem for wasting your life on things you don’t even enjoy. And if you’re calling for QM’s removal despite not even playing it, you’re just being a selfish jerk.

Also, please stop with the cheap lies in your opening post. Don’t bother pretending you’re ‘asking for opinions’ when it’s so obvious you’re actually making (yet another pointless) ‘remove QM’ troll thread.

4 Likes