Should QM be removed from the game?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Not really

2 Likes

I meant you. Hots needs more players like you.

Id wager more people play QM now than ranked, esp since HGC got canned.

In a moba game?:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Sure, I’ve seen and read plenty of threads of people with complaints about QM. Some of them even with valid arguments or suggestions for improvement. Still haven’t seen any of them make a single reasonable argument for its removal though, nor have I seen them give any evidence that QM is actually hurting the game. Once again, play unranked if you hate QM that much. I do not consider it reasonable to call for QM’s removal when literally all you have to do is not play it.

Don’t confuse the mere existence of ‘hate/remove QM’ threads with actual evidence. There’s plenty of people on the planet, you can find threads or groups of supporters for almost any inane notion. A stupid idea having multiple stupid followers doesn’t make the idea any less stupid.

Actually, I personally don’t even play QM anymore. However, I don’t need to play QM to see its merits. And even I didn’t see them, I would still disagree with removing it. I think it’s incredibly arrogant, selfish and wrong to remove game modes that other people enjoy just because you don’t like it personally. Again, if you don’t like it don’t play it. Leave QM to the people who like it. I see no reason to harm the game by displeasing the majority of its player base through removing their favourite and irreplacable mode.

Really. The game is dying because it has too many players. Sounds legit.

You’re confusing ‘too many casual players’ with ‘not enough competitive players’.

It is indeed better for a game to also have a big competitive scene next to the casual scene. However, that does not make casual players a bad thing. Competitive scenes need a large (casual) player base to draw players from, as well as to draw interest to the game in the first place. A competitive scene without casual players is even less viable than a casual scene without competitive players.

You seem to be under the delusion that removing QM would make all QM players suddenly play unranked or make all casual players suddenly interested in competitive. It doesn’t work like that. Some of them would switch over, sure, but plenty of others would just quit because their game just got removed. You’d only be hurting the viability of HotS as a game by doing this.

If you want the game to be healthy, your goal should be to attract more players. Or attract more players to competitive play. Not to drive away half the playerbase through eliminating the most popular game mode. That doesn’t gain you more competitive players, it just loses you a lot of players.

You mean the ever-growing market that every company is desperate to get a piece of because it’s so huge? Sounds like there’s plenty of interest in casual gaming.

Honestly, QM is decent preparation for draft. QM teaches you the Heroes and Maps, knowledge you need before there’s any point in drafting. After that you go to Unranked, which is basically ‘casual with draft’ and direct training for ranked.

Just. Don’t. Play. QM. If. You. Don’t. Like. It. Seriously.

4 Likes

Suggestions for improvements? We waited 3 years for improvments and it is getting nowhwere. You really think it’ll improve after a lot of players left hots? Casual players don’t ruin the game but they don’t play that game for long. Yup, everybody is trying to get a piece from the mobile market. Too bad they don’t put a lot of efforts in those games because it’s aimed for casual users. Many of those games only care about sucking as much money as they can from those users for a short time. And when the game no longer makes profits after a short time they just move on to the next one. You want something like that happening to hots? QM teaches people how to draft? You honestly don’t know anything about videogames right? It teaches half of it. But for a game which has a large variety of heroes who all has their own talents? Choosing a hero and banning one is a very crucial thing in those kinds of games. Why would all other moba games have draft? Why would it be so important to change heroes for the right occasions in overwatch? Even hots decides a players skill by draft not by a system like QM. And do even properly read other people’s comments when you answer? I specifically wrote that I made a new account to test how QM is like for newbies who are trying out the game. NOT TO ENJOY QM. It’s going to take a long time for newbies to play draft beacause it has a 16 heroes limit. But it’s so hard for them to find a good game in QM so they’ll have to stick with ai. And many don’t like sticking in ai for long. They want to compete with other people, yet QM is making it harder for them. Plus QM makes the whole player base selfish. Not many people picks healers or tanks because they stick to dps. That is why QM doesn’t work well. Imagine playing a team game where many of the population only plays what they want. It will ruin the game and that is what’s happening to hots. Seriously you don’t have any understandings of how a videogame works. If they can’t remove QM they should double gold and xp accumulation for draft to lure people in those games and stop wasting time and money trying to make QM better like you said. I said I was asking your opinions on QMs removal in the first place. I clearly said opinions because I wanted have a discussion with fellow hots user not someone who comes barging in and shouting about it with no clear reason. And besides even if the devs decides to lure people out of QM, it’s going to be the same as removing it anyway. I wanted QM to be removed but I never said nothing about how to do it.

I sometimes forget how bad it gets in QM and que there and get tilted by it really hard.

Now you have, not saying its a good argument but it is an argument.

This is how most complaints are born anyway.

2 Likes

NOOOO

There is…

Search this part about QM!
" This guy is thiking very well almost everything!
Look so he is so smart!

Brutalnot, why are you still talking about yourself in third person on an alt acc and trying to make yourself look good?

There is no forum on HotS i would not see these btw, there is no hiding from me :eye:

Oh yeah and Karabars, please do check it out im getting tired of trying to argue points while getting called a stupid donkey and no counterarguments.

I’m glad that thread is locked. Maybe this should be as well. Ignore the insults and the “conversation” as well if there are no counter arguments just constant “no, you wrong, you no brain”.

Insults incoming in 3 secs when he replies to me here just wait.

Edit: unless he backs out again when confronted.

muahahah : D i told.you not must think!!
Thinking is not for you. Few times i told you that.
Hey Vision dont forget final decions is in brain of Blizz devs ,espectactly Kaeo Miller.
They now need from such ideas " S.O.S" , Urgently!!

I told you…im so high gamer avarage 20 years xp-ed + that a lot improved.like human.
Biggest problem of our humanity is such peoples almost always are defite like " stupd,phsiho,crazy" peoples,because difference of human lvl is too high…in our human history exist so many such peoples and proof that. Indeed this one biggest human " astimatione"!.
But Vision cant understand that…because his human lvl is low cross check with mine.
You dont NOTHING about humanity evolutione. We non stop improveing or evolutione!. This is Univeral law or GOD law wich you dont know or cant think about that!!. And btw im born at this zone where is sended a lot improved human souls. I can copy and paste one youtube movie where one our Bulgarian people work on that or he had high human souls info. Dont say " human not have souls"… Because thats big bullsh
ts. Fisrt info yourself about that and then talk or think. Your biggest problem you dont know everthing about this all info! I CAN PROOF AT WHAT HUMAN IM WITH ONE AURA TEST COMPUTAR PROGRAM ( google it). With this test i can proof at you what person im. I can send you " pdf’ files where you want.Peoples wich are almost balanced between both energy , negative ↔ positive are much more improved like humans!! Addional im high " a s spiritual’ human"…if dont what mean that…:slight_smile:

Sould have never shown to exist and thats science.

Top lulz

@Karabars

He is so predictable. And a bit delusional as he thinks hes a next level human being or smth.

His posts are pure gold

That’s because there just isn’t much that can be improved. The very nature of QM (free picks for everyone, random map) means there will be always be the risks of bad comps or counters. QM simply isn’t the format for the ‘fixes’ people seem to want. If you can’t deal with the randomness in QM, don’t play QM and play draft instead. (How many times…) Don’t waste your time trying to turn QM into something it will never be, just focus on the game modes that do give you the game style you want.

Do you? You’re the one who’s essentially suggesting to remove all casual players from the game. I think that’s a terrible idea, so QM should stay as a fine casual game mode.

So what’s the problem? How does it hurt the game to have casual players on top of the ‘competitive’ player base? The casuals don’t bother you, they play their QM while you play your competitive draft. Meanwhile players that DO care about competitive can join you in the draft formats. Problem solved?

No, I don’t. But that is not a QM issue, that’s just an issue with greedy business practices. You are correct that it would be problematic if Blizzard only cared about QM (and draining money from casuals) and ignored competitive completely. However, in such a scenario QM is apparently already the only thing keeping HotS alive (as it’s the only thing making Blizz enough money to keep the game alive). The problem you describe isn’t the existence of QM, but the lack of interest in more competive (albeit less lucrative) venues.

No, I said QM prepares people to draft, by teaching them the required background knowledge. How is someone supposed to pick or ban the right Hero until they know what each Hero does?

QM is an excellent format to learn those things. Draft is a good game mode, but rather useless if you want to practice a specific Hero without ruining the draft.

Sure, draft is a superior game mode in many ways. (Not all though. QM has some merits, as I already pointed out). But that’s not a reason to remove QM. Yet again, just play draft if you prefer that. I prefer unranked over ranked play because I get (unreasonably) anxious about losing ranked points. Should I demand that ranked be removed now?

How? You’re not a newbie (I assume), and you’ve already made up your mind that you dislike QM. You’re not really a representative audience.

And yet it is the most popular game mode. You might not enjoy it, but others do. DIfferent people can enjoy different things. Deal with it.

And you think it would be better if they did that in drafts? I can agree that selfish players can be problematic in a team game, but that’s a player issue, (again) not a QM issue. If anything QM is a great solution to this, as it gives players a chance to play what they want without ruining their team’s drafts for it. Meanwhile people that are willing to cooperate or fill can go and draft good comps.

And you got it. I (and many others) think it’s a bad idea. Don’t ask for opinions if you’re unwilling to listen to them.

I don’t think I shouted anywhere. Apologies if it came across like that. You asked questions, you got my answer and arguments.

No, it isn’t. Luring people out would mean making QM players actually want to play unranked. On the other hand, removing QM would mean forcing people to choose between playing unranked (which they apparently don’t want) or leaving entirely (which would likely happen).

So then just make a thread about that, don’t pretend you’re asking for opinions on the topic. There is a difference between asking ‘should we remove QM?’ (like you did) and asking ‘How should we remove QM?’ (As you really tried to ask).

5 Likes

So I’m not the person who wants QM to be removed simply because I understand that would be the death of this game. In fact we just need to make QM as painless and enjoyable as possible for this game to continue.

But at the same time I don’t believe QM helped the longevity of HOTS.

So if you don’t mind can you provide me why you think QM is great and helps benefit the game.

1 Like

Why you did said my topic ideas are " pure gold"?!..:slight_smile:

heh :slight_smile: you “think” im " predictable"?!..well…then…

Btw one guy in US forum (mine US post topic)…
About these " Survival lvls" and when read all mine ideas…that…
“With this way MMR would be perfectly”…
But you miss that…

Is funny and “lol " about this " aura test PC program”,right?!..

Well then lets see who will "laugh " last…just wait…

Nah, I use it all the time.

1 Like

No but seriously can anyone tell me why HOTS was better off with QM? Did the positives actually out weigh the negatives?

I’m actually interested in hearing peoples opinions regarding that side of the topic.

1 Like

Well, it does work as a great steppingstone for ranked modes to get to practice the particalr hero you want to practice before stepoing it up to ranked, as in unranked you will not get the hero most of the time.

What happened is a different story, most players became QM mains or AI mains who mostly just play their main heroes all the time and stick to it no matter what as they enjoy the heries and like to grind just for the sake of the grind and especially after 2.0 as yoi can feel like accomplishing more even after lvl 20 as you will basically level up the hero to infinity (lvl 998 or 999).

2.0 also gave the incentive to play as much games in a short period like in QM for XP to get lootboxes or AI to complete quests easy and quick.

But still QM is a valuable steppingstone and the answer isnt to delete it but to somehow get UD / ranked to an actual main mode of the game.

1 Like

As I already pointed out earlier: QM is the only game mode that lets you play whatever Hero you want to play or practice. Therefore it is an important game mode and should definitely stay.