Shills Defending a Broken System

The MMR/Ranked system in this game is terrible. Any word on this or the subreddit prompts an endless stream of comments saying that the game works just fine/ as intended.

There are several reasons why this game is no longer worth anyone’s time:

#1 - Storm League ruined the Solo Queue experience. The best way to ensure a climb is now to build a premade. Putting all solo que players at a Disadv vs a Practiced Team.

#2 - The MMR system aims to figure out how good of a player you are based upon your entire HotS experience. The system actively tries to keep you at this rank instead of rewarding players for getting better. Once you start winning more games at a higher rank than the game thinks you deserve, you actually earn less points so it is harder to climb and easier to fall. How is this a design of the game?

#3 - The toxicity among players, especially in low levels of play, is not punished. The only bans I have heard actually have effect is an abusive chat. No bans for people who intentionally feed/throw game, even when they ADMIT they do so in chat. Sometimes they will be so flagrant they tease that Blizz will do nothing, and they are right.

#4 - Acceptance of Smurf accounts, as opposed to other Mobas which do not allow them, creates an environment that encourages all the wrong things. This is likely a move by Blizz to earn more on Skins/Heroes because all those extra accounts mean extra $$. This point feeds into the previous point, it is the primary way to avoid the game’s broken MMR Jail.

What this game has become is a coin toss. Who do you get on your team? Do you get a good player on a Smurf Account? Do you get someone who always picks Genji in draft no matter what? Do you get someone who gets mad and AFK/Throws?

A team based game that gives individual rank throws all equations of variance and perceived gain/loss out the window when it does next to nothing to regulate it’s player base.

It is truly a shame. This is maybe my favorite of Blizz’s games, has the potential to be the best Moba out there for sure, with all the fun of Smash Bros for people who have played Blizzard games for the last 20+ years.

Here come all the comments of people saying I’m trash, even though I’m 100% right.

6 Likes

You NEVER played other MOBA games if you’re saying that stuff.

No, you’re not. You’re just another one who never played other MOBA games, and all of your “reasons” are the same for all other games of this genre - DotA 2, Smite, Lol, whatever - they all have these problems.

1 Like

sounds true. Although i play solo and it’s fun

provide evidence. Make sure to include mmr of each player in each game so we can analyze it and put blizz up against the wall. Would be easy to gather data if it actually is true

agree

Biggest word on #4,
and #3,
don’t know about ranked too much.

I should say only DotA 2 recently cracked down on Smurfs.

Why broken? It put the most fu$$ing potatoes braindamaged dumbest in your team…

Heroes of the Storm breeds smurfs via the highly abused reporting system. Many diamond/platinum players like myself smurf regularly after being hit by the report system.

The best part is everyone defends it no matter what. Like you could send them links to people afking and feeding they would call it fake purely cause they are loyalist. They refuse to see fault in something cause they thing this company is so good.

Its mindblowing how people act on here. This game has so many problems and for anyone who says it. No i love the game, the heroes, the maps. What i hate is the toxic attitudes, the afking and game throwing, the match making and lack of attention.

If there was a heroes classic where i could go back and play when it first came out. Id welcome it over the trash we currently have now.

The dev’s know there is a problem, they just simply aren’t going to spend the effort anymore to try and fix it.

The first 3 or 4 years of the game’s existence had the dev’s talking about ranked play at every Blizzcon, with promises of new changes they would implement to make things better. It was always one mess after another.

Eventually, they finally realized that the standard mmr system just wasn’t good enough, and they spent months making performance-based mmr. Unfortunately PBMMR was released with some big bugs and became a massive PR nitemare, and we never got to see a working version (which they said multiple times they would put back in).

We’ve also never seen “loss forgiveness” (another big ticket item to improve ranked), although that to was said to be in the works and put it soon.

At this point it’s been over 2+ years since any meaningful ranked adjustments; and with reduced staff, they’re probably not looking to do any big changes. We’re lucky to get the few costumes and heroes we do get.

It’s because when you group a team of 5 the system can’t find another team of 5 so it just puts that team against randoms… It’s a complete disadvantage and unfair game when this happens and it’s WAY too often. Either play with a stack or don’t play, and as you can see because this game is Trash and dead, people have made the correct choice to not play.

1 Like

Its the same as ow I got gm 1 tricking mercy focusing on mmr and its working in this game

People do not understand that you can hate the system and the players but still enjoy the game.

This system is terrible. I do not think you could make a worst system if you tried. The afks and trolls in this game is just amazing. I remember when players were stuck in gold, not diamond cause of afking.

No one in your life has EVER called a video of someone AFKing/Feeding for fake, i can with like 99,999999% surety say that.

Also do you have to be a loyalist to enjoy a game?
To be honest, to me it seems that there ain’t awhole lot of loyalists, but more the opposite.
Like anti-loyalists that purely hate games because of the companies behind it.

Explain WHAT is better about the old version, tons of people keep doing this stupidity which annoys the HECK out of me, like what was good about the old version?
If we are speaking WoW then the ONLY good thing about the old WoW was that you actually had to chat with people to make groups and the game was social for it.
If we are speaking HOTS; then i can’t think of a single thing that used to be better.
The XP system was confusing, the towers were useless, the keeps were nobodies, Sylvanas was broken, KT was broken everything was just chaos.

Every fault that was in the game, or confusing got fixed, the only thing to miss from 1.0 was the people playing the game.

I mean this is just the player base your complaining about, Toxic Attitudes is not a game developers fault, nor is the AFKing, game throwing.
The match making is made better than what it used to be, atleast now you will be matched up somewhat fair, which is LITTERALY the same system any MOBA uses nowadays, your problem is the lack of players causing the matchmaker to pick people from other leagues to compensate for the players it couldn’t find that was equall to your rank.

I am not a loyalist, if i see a wrong i will strike down on it, but hating what is fixed, or hating what isn’t broken is just moronic.