Sgt Hammer Feels terrible to play

Does anyone even play this hero anymore? Is there a reason to play this hero? I feel like hammer needs a rework or a major tweak. She isnt really fun, interactive, or impactful.

Maybe slow her atk speed but buff her damage and range alot, and make her attacks actually splash?

she tickles people… she does very little damage. And sacrificing movement for a meh range isnt very good…

She also doesnt really feel much like a siege tank… She lacks the big BOOM when someone walks into that initial range, and the big splash effect siege tanks are known for.

But i think the worst thing overall is that her siege is meh, and when shes not sieged shes just useless… She has less range than most ranged attackers out of siege. No damage, and nothing impactful like CC to help her team out.

2 Likes

her damage is weak, and so many heroes counter her, yeah not worth playing.

She’s a situational hero that works very well against and with certain team comps. It’s not for every games.

5 Likes

So…you want her to be impactful when she’s both mobile and in siege…soo…no weaknesses?

1 Like

you’d think she’d be good in coordinated pro play, at least on some maps, but nope. i think she just all around stinks. probably needs a rework :expressionless:

Fixed.

She is one of the highest average DPS in the game.

The fact of being able to attack the towers without taking any damage from an abusive range is having a “meh” siege?

1 Like

Someone picked Greymane into a Hammer I see.

1 Like

She’s definitely not fun in soloQ QM… but she is fun.
I’m mostly certain she needs no rework.
And she just got buffs in November.

Yes.

You’re too hammered (get it?) to play anything else.

I read this as “twerk”.

I know this isn’t what you wrote, but now I can’t stop thinking about it.

1 Like

link me to a pro game where she’s used even once, please :expressionless:

I pretty much stopped playing her when they reduced her non sieged damage, it used to do the same damage as when sieged but did not AOE unless sieged. They also shortened her max range which I also disliked.

1 Like

If hots forts and keeps and turrets could only be hurt by auto attacks instead of spells included in the damage I’d definitely rate hammer higher on the list

To be fair, Neosteel Plating is kind of a godtier trade-off.

But yeah, I miss when her unsieged form was slightly useful. I have good memories of popping mount to chase down an enemy and get the kill, like a Raynor strapped to a missile. Now there’s no reason to use the mount except to run away.

Like, yesterday.

Sgt. Hammer hard punishes a 3 man that can’t reach her.

6 Likes

That was the weirdest, wildest, most non-meta match I have ever watched. I absolutely love the fact that the CCL teams are willing to be creative and take risks with drafts like that, as it makes watching incredibly engaging. I am sure the play offs will be far more meta, but I am enjoying the season as it unfolds very much.

1 Like

I called the TLV pick, knowing the team and the map. I was a bit too overwhelmed when they picked them, I completely overlooked the Hammer possibility since she hard counters the enemy draft. Oxygen needed a longer ranged like Junkrat to harass her. Garrosh can’t even step close without getting 70% chunked.

The games were incredible to watch. I loved all of them.

I also loved the Varian pick there. The poor Orphea was shut down about as hard as I have ever seen an Orphea shut down. I am definitely keeping that pick and build in mind for when I face her in draft!

HeroesCCL
Pro
surely you jest :expressionless:

E.T.C with Block Party and W build can also deal with her fairly easy.

ETC is probably the best tank against her from a defensive perspective. I just liked the fact that Varian can make her die.

1 Like