Seasonal quest rewards - win 50 games

Hey team what’s up with the lack of rewards? Did you not intend to include a mount or a similar reward in the first place or can we still keep our hopes up because someone simply forgot to press a button?

I understand if the development team wants the gameplay experience to be its own reward, no one cares about portraits and some bonus gold in the end is a nice addition, but then why dangle a carrot infront of us if it can’t be communicated properly?

4 Likes

Hey GriM,

The Season rewards for this year were the Portrait and the Gold only. There are no other missing rewards. As this is not a bug, this would be great feedback to discuss on the General Discussion forum!

Rather than simply placing and waiting the season out, this time players were required to win 50 games, which would average to around 100 matches for a decent solo player in order to complete. Pretty much everyone had expectations that the rewards would be something suitable for the amount of time invested and no surprise, everyone is caught off guard.

When you factor in the queue times, draft time and possibility of games being cancelled because of quitters, you realise how many more games could have been played in either Brawl or Quick Match mode. Lets not pretend either that matchmaking is working fine, so there’s an additional layer of frustration for all participants. Is it because of low player base or broken matchmaker algorithms? -makes no difference.

Just so I put this in perspective I played around 300 matches on average each season up until now, but take in account that includes all game modes and a big number of AI games (simply to clear quests after few days, most of these took around 5 minutes compared to an average PVP game of 15-20 min). To qualify for this season’s reward I had to play at least 100 games of ranked.

I play a lot and almost every day, so I’m writing this just to paint a picture of how much time someone had to spend playing, and now you can imagine their disappointment. Rewards are NOT comparable to what you’ve been able to earn by playing only 10 matches in previous seasons.

It’s not that much about what was said, but also how hard something was implied based on previous experiences. Better communication would have been welcome. One week the developers say how they want everything in the game to be craftable, and the next they release a gem-only mount with a price that is higher than the usual (even for the first two weeks).

To wrap it up whats up with the inflated price of Deathwing (20k gold)? Should we get a accustomed to the new pricing? Your team always had fantastic two-way communication. What happened?

11 Likes

I think that all makes sense and is really great feedback. I recommend posting this on the General Discussion as this forum is strictly for reporting and tracking bugs. Since this is not a bug report, I’m going to lock this thread but encourage you to continue this conversation in a more appropriate forum!

Thanks a ton for the feedback!