Screen freezes during game load - forced hard restart

What do I need to do to run a diagnostic on my PC to check for issues. The game has been freezing either during the loading screen during the battle start up.

The screen freeze forces me to reset my PC. Ran a repair scan and no issues found, never had an issue until the last few months.

1 Like

I’ve noticed something similar in the last few days. Is started happening after the latest round of patches and the screen will freeze momentarily during combat, usually when you see some spells for the first time during the match. Otherwise the connection is stable and I’m not seeing the message “rejoined the game” as is usually the case with data packet loss (EU server).

Being forced to restart the computer because task manager does not load is usually a sign of a driver or hardware problem. HotS being a game will be prone to trigger such problems due to using more resources than a browser or letting the system idle.

Try running some stress tests like Prime95 for CPU and Furmark for GPU. If a similar problem occurs during one of them, that supports my above theory.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.