Science of the Storm

We all know that the science in HotS doesn’t exactly add up, like Junkrat’s concussion mine needing ~1440 joules of energy to throw him ~10 meters into the air, which would probably kill him (thanks @AltRightFrog).

Any more examples?

Like cyro-freeze and ice block should give the person severe frostbite, and that grav surge has a visible event horizon, which means it’s a literal black hole.

5 Likes

Hmm, sounds accurate, if his weight is around 75 kilograms or 150 pounds. It truly takes a ton of energy to spring up a person that far up into air if they’re just standing still.

The physics of ice block could be fun to figure out. How cold would the surrounding air need to be to instantly solidify the surrounding air? I know air can freeze, but it takes really low temperatures.

Ice block would definitely be physically possible. But I guess you’d also die in it…

4 Likes

It could?

Would be pretty hard to do.

And another one: how does murky lay eggs?

That one seems a bit more implausible, given that Murky is apparently a boy. :grinning:

But some very rare species do have males laying eggs, for example seahorses.
And murlocs seem very rare.

Probably almost every ability doesn’t work based on our science in our reality.

2 Likes

Morales even has a voice line about it.

Which I funny because some characters are scientists.

1 Like

Scientists in worlds that aren’t ours and don’t necessarily need to follow the same rules.

Murlocs are hermaphroditic?

I once wondered why Qhira’s bleeding can apply to buildings… perhaps her blades uses nanobots to digest the inorganic materials. Although how she could rejuvenize herself from that is still a mystery to me.

Raynor and Tychus not running out of bullets still is a question too. Also Dva never answered how she always has a new mech ready (and where they come from).

3 Likes

Medivh breaks the law of conservation of mass every time he presses Z.

6 Likes

Good point.

He should turn into a giant raven then.

How the heck does Maiev never run out of handcuffs? Please stop arresting us what did we do??

3 Likes

air compression “bomb” Junkrat LMAO…I always thinking from where Lunara’s spears came from, also Valla’s arrows infinite :joy:

I guess, I’ve never seen a female murloc.

“Ever notice how you can’t jump in the Nexus? It’s strange, right? Gravity must be very strong here.”

-Zarya

3 Likes

And grav surge pulls in all targets from every point to the center with the same amount t of force.

No.

1 Like

I’ve never seen that before! Hidden lore!

It’s a poke voice line.

He doesn’t lay the egg, he just hatches.

I guess that makes Maiev the strongest of all, she can Jump.

3 Likes

Muradin, Genji, Illidan, Hanzo: Are we a joke to you?

3 Likes