Salt Mountain: Insert bad game stories here

i accidentally pick inquisitors prayer and i STILL out heal you!?

what are you doing!?
clearly not your best

How can people do thier best when you are dominating them ?

quite easily if they’re an anduin but they prove me wrong

3 Likes

Wait what? Where does that information come from?

I’ve rarely ever played ARAM with other people. And when I do play ARAM, I don’t see people quit mirrors. To this day I’ve never had a single instance of multiple people quitting at the start of a mirror.

The same place they get the notion that everyone who posts here regularly are all friends in a private discord and we all 5 man stack around the clock.

It’s worth noting, that the same people who say the above, also say regular forum posters “don’t even play Hots”, so make what you will out of that contradiction.

2 Likes

Wait, we’re not?

But I thought…

1 Like

To the four man group that picked Kel’Thuzad, Valeera, Deckard, and Zeratul…I do not like you. Not only did you four pick Elite A.I, but you were repeatedly bodied by said A.I while also playing just as bad if not worse than bots. Not genuine A.I bots, but bot players.

I will be sending the medical bill that I accrued fixing a back that would have made Atlas wince. A severe injury that I was afflicted with in pulling a win out of that 23 minutes and 24 seconds of nonsense.

Signed,

A very disgruntled Sylvanas main.

2 Likes

I feel you, one of these past weeks, I had the worst day I ever had playing solo on Hots, and it was during a Friday on the Dreaded weekend. I felt so bad I just logged off after a loss streak, and the games were so 1 sided vs me, I doubted everything I learned. Most salty hots day I ever had.

1 Like

Tbh, some games for me is not throwing the game by dying multiple times, I get focused a lot and underestimating my opponents is something I learned the hard way. I feel that this game sometimes is not about how good you are but how bad is the weakest link on your team is or links for that matter.

Ye teams are not any better than the weakest player. Thats no secret.

1 Like

What a wonderful
Reconnecting...
day. Managed to get assigned to a server which was unable to put me in the match for 10 minutes and then I managed 2x30 seconds. Punishment for the first match, which my team won despite my 3 disconnects.

Edit

I managed to find the faulty connection to and within Blizzard data center.
Post 2 here
Disconnects during gameplay (recent) - Technical Support - Heroes of the Storm Forums (blizzard.com)

Also, it means that connection timeout for Heroes is somewhere around 200ms.
Which would be fine if Blizzard’s own providers were able to make it happen. For the past 10 years I had like 35ms with anything Europe.
I do notice some issues sometimes, I suppose all that streaming and stuff.

2 Likes

Mouse died mid game and later I got into a lot of trouble over unfinished work because I couldn’t find a replacement for it over the weekend.

So Monday I went out and bought the same Deathadder Essential for the third time in a row. I like how it fits my hand, I am used to it and it is still the best thing available for only 30 EUR, but I dread another malfunction; either the click starts to fail or scroll wheel begins to backfire in opposite direction.

The new one is unbearably loud. I also need a fresh keyboard but everything on display had sounded worse than a typewriter so I think I’ll do that some other time.

3 Likes

With KTZ in free rotation, I have been tunneling him to A) Give other vs A.I players a more pleasant experience and B) to hone my own skills with the Arch Lich of the Scourge. A lot of people trying him out play him like Nazeebo in that they just nap in a lane.

I cannot recall a more polarizing hero than him. There is nothing more satisfying than completing his trait quest to then delete the A.I in comical fashion. On the flipside, he can be extremely frustrating to play as alongside teammates that use their displacement abilities off of cooldown.

My most recent game as him…was with a Lucio, Diablo, Alarak, and a Morales. All booped the bots into oblivion.

It was like a demented combination of whack a mole and pinball…and I just want a hug after that match.

1 Like

Me too, way overdue. Looks fair value / price ratio. Minimal fluff but hopefully good manufacturing quality. Also, wired.

Had two Gladiuses, 9 and 8 years old respectively, suffering from the wheel issue.
Tried to clean and eventually asked Google, how long a mouse lasts. 30 months. Okay, I’m an idiot.

So the Deathadder is a bit weird now, kinda small. Where is my brick.

I also used to have some Asus mechanical and it was rather loud. Not as bad as one of my colleagues had in the office. Fun fact, it was also beyond aged, but completely functional. So earlier this year my unconscious mind decided to pour tea in it. Survived. Next day, again. Survived. Third day again, cgouldn’t cget it to separate cg from cg, so it was time.

It’s a bad paternal lesson - keep everything, repair everything, value everything. Guess it’s good for a relationship but wearing clothes resembling a fresh spiderweb is just weird.

1 Like

Every single game today has had an AFKer, someone deliberately throw from start, or someone throw a tantrum at the other team getting the first kill and then refusing to play.

Every. single. match. It has NEVER been THIS bad as today.

And it doesn’t matter how many times I report them or how many times I encourage the rest of my team to report them because Blizzard does NOT moderate this game. It only has the auto-silence bot, and that doesn’t stop people from throwing.

This company has let its playerbase down yet again and every single person employed that’s responsible for the “upkeep” of this game owes me and every other player left here an apology for failing us.

2 Likes

^ that sounds bad :frowning:

Have to say though that despite analysing and reporting the issue, I keep having a steady 185 ms ping to the servers, meaning I’m constantly dropped. (Not playing anymore just casually running a ping from terminal to check for improvement.)

Case in point, leavers and AFK might very well be players who keep trying every few weeks a match or two.

I would be a perfect candidate to resolve any such issues, but Blizzard has no technical personnel anymore, only rainbows and AI. Apparently. (They are ignoring everything, not just mine.)

2 Likes

RANKED afker in my team all report him NEXT game pairing with this *** again 3x in ROW!
and 3000+ lvl veteran pairing with 60lvl trash cant know BASIC he can’t even ping for a bot…
sad story

I want to throw hands with KTZ first timers that choose Elite A.I to then pull some Nazeebo levels of passivity play and/or being just below or surpassing double digits in nap time counts.

Yes, I get it; vs A.I. Good place to relax. Nothing wrong with trying out the majordomo of Arthas, but by the Nexus I can go on a tangent of how many KTZ players I come across that…ugh.

If there is a hero that shouldn’t be in the free hero rotation, it is Kel’Thuzad. It had taken me personally somewhere around 25-ish levels worth of games to be reasonably comfortable with him against A.I. Somewhat. I am okay-ish.

Been trying to play as him both to hone my own skills with him and to relieve the burden on people that get stuck with a vs A.I KTZ player, but boy does burn out hit fast and hard when playing as him.

Just one more day…just one more day…and it’ll be all over for a while.

1 Like

yeah you really shouldn’t do that I don’t usually tire of whitemane and Ana very quickly but when I do it because I refuse to put up with passive Ana’s and Inquisitor prayers in my games I quickly find that I need some therapeutic shotgun jaina games… and the have to put up with one of them or both if the game really wants me to quit

and on the subject of Whitemane I came across what can only be described as my worse nightmare
inquisitors prayer
indulgence
zealous spirit
divine reckoning
subjugation
desperation
guiding light (did not use it)
AND she didn’t zeal anyone UNTIL they retreated BECAUSE of her lack of zeal

1 Like

Nah, I have gone numb to the pain. I am grinding dem levels like its a cheap F2P mmo game.

It is far less painful having a frustrating game as KTZ then to deal with a new KTZ.

I am in no way, shape, or form losing my mind. Just look at me! I am smiling.

4 Likes