“S” button & minimap Patch 2.43.2 since 2.34.0

1. Alarak’s Deadly Charge stops responding on pressing “S”(stop button) so it’s impossible to stop that skill while charging ( have to press “A”)
  2. Alarak’s Deadly Charge got crazy aim direction while charging when mouse cursor touches minimap

If 10 month is not enough for you to fix 2 critical bugs, then i will remind it every patch

right click to cancel channeling of deadly charge; or issue a move command

in gameplay options, you can change minimap setting so you can click through it without messing up your movement or aim, it makes the minimap uninteractable with mouse so it will act only as a visual overlay rather than an clickable element of default UI

if 10 month is not enough for you to have noticed this…

1 Like

I’m playing with LEFT button instead of RIGHT. It’s impossible to STOP deadly charge that way. And it should be stopped by “S” in any cases. Both issues were tracked as BUGS but not fixed for 10 months.

Do you even try your own advices or just post counting? The checkbox “click through minimap” is checked, and the aim is changing to random direction when you in charge and cursor touchs minimap.

Sometimes i think that people never read topic to understand a problem but they always want to seem smart

Well first i repored your answer as inappropriate and rude.

They tracked a bug a long time ago and did nothing.

The LEFT button doesn’t affect to minimap bug and unworkable “S” button. Is there any world about “cancel\stop” charging by pressing “right mouse button”? And try to understand what should happen if you change LEFT\RIGHT vice versa.

“But for some reason” this is a correct behaviour of “S”. From BETA test until Yrel patch “S” was stopping any action, not only moving.

And as a final - i don’t need your advices. That post is not for you.

Why are you quoting and arguing with me, this is a bug report forum. I just did additional research to help you out and add some validity to your report.

That’s not a bug.

The Stop command does not stop all channeling. It never has stopped all channeling.

Now, a discussion over if Stop should stop Alarak’s Deadly Charge when you’re charging it is a different discussion.

So does everything over the minimap? This is user error, not a bug.

You can change a setting in the menu and it will work through the minimap just fine.

False, I just did testing and it worked fine with the setting enabled that lets you cast through the minimap.

1. Why does dev team tracked that as a bug?
  2. How to cancel charging when playing with LEFT mouse as a primary button without moving your hero by pressing “A”?
  3. Why does cancel charging with “S” worked fine from Alarak release till 2.34 when a “collision bug” appeared ?

Omg look here → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8880Y3dhY

I’v posted that 20 times. “Worked fine”? Are you kidding? In real games alarak flying 9 \ 10 to the hell if mouse (NOT CLICK) touches a minimap

Another expert that doesn’t understand the issue point

Bug where?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/known-issues-list/81

What probably happened is a QA person tagged it as a bug. They asked the balance/design team about it.

The balance/design team said it was as intended.

Hence not a bug.

I just tried it while I was writing my post. Enabling the setting stopped the issue.

I will write the setting name in English in 9-10 hours or so when I am able to sit at my computer.

https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/40l2rv/quick_and_easy_way_to_switch_from_right_click_to/

you inverted your main buttons but didn’t bother to properly bind the rest

as for your attitude, that’s another thing

you seem to be the only person on forums that has an issue controlling Alarak

the game is running on a modified SC2 engine, keep in mind there are some technical limitations to what can be changed and what needs a little more work than usual, if it were so game breaking and simple they no doubt would have fixed it sooner

I will quote myself and give you another try to answer

Another question to you from prev post “Why Guldan’s Rain can be interrupted with “S””?

And how about this?

Or you do not trust the developer answers?

Do you have any proofs of that? The simplest explanation of ignoring that bug, that a dev team was reduced and they don’t have a time for it. But 10 months is quite enough for fix or let them say that “it’s not a bug, it was as intended”. Not you. For fixing “usefull” ingame tips they always have a time.

Didn’t you noticed that a direction of charging is NOT a straight line to the point of a mouse cursor over a minimap?

Really? Speccial for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4ADe4GhJo . And btw that post from reddit i read more than 3 years ago

Charging can be stopped ONLY with “A”.
And if Alarak is standing in a bushes in charging mode he has to go outside to cancel it. That is incorrect and certainly a bug.
And I really don’t care how many persons have that issue. It is enough for me that I ran into this problem for a 10 months.

Everything was working fine until Yrel patch. Can you just read that twice?

Every time i have a discussion with EU users they give any answer like “try XML or HTTPS or try MasterCard instead of Junkrat, because a green color is not a planet” except an answer that points to the core problem. I understand your racial toxicity against me, but i’m tired to explain the point of a bug every time for every “expert”.

How about to summon any dev and let him give an answer again is that a proper behavior of 2 described problems or not?

I know and trust them.

And thank you for the link about what goes on the known issues list. I’m surprised those paragraphs are not attached to the bug report list.

I have known some bugs to not be on it, but never had a solid source on how the list is updated.

It is very nice info to know, and will be a good post I will probably link to myself multiple times in the future.

That was my guess.
Because I’ve reported bugs where they’ve had to figure out if it was intended, or a bug.

Sometimes QA says it is a bug on first sight, and is later corrected by the development team.

I did not notice, but like I said, I did not see the option being enabled at any point in that video. Which is what I suggested as a fix.

I will double check it when I’m home instead of trying to watch again on my small phone screen.