Report system - A letter to Blizzard

In any other multiplayer game I’ve played in my life, this person would get insta banned after 1 single report.

i play’d dota lol and other mobas too, nobody get ban after 1 report i mean people spam reports too ,it would be bad if people get ban just on single mistake .
People lose they cool ez in competitive games,but if they decide to continue their inappropriate behavior game after game they will get ban. Dont worry reports work i know a lot players who get ban’s.

1 Like

I missed this as I jumped into this topic.
But if ONE REPORT can ban someone, that is a bad ban system.

Anyone who acts as you note 100% deserves to be banned. But one report should never result in a ban.

Just note that I’m not saying that 1 report should result in a ban for any reason, but some people should get banned after 1 report for the amount of extremely bad and racists things they say. Or even real life threats, those should also get banned after a single report.

Those things are just not ok or even normal. There’s a difference between someone just losing it because of the game and someone going straight for the bad stuff. I also don’t want 1 report = instaban, but some people really deserve it because they cross so many lines, not even joking.

Another thing that I don’t understand, if I even post the things this player said to me in that match yesterday, but with ** to censor it, my post will get deleted. So, how can that person be free and not at least silenced after they said what they said?

2 Likes

I think u can post gameplay here .Those thing dont just happens in game, there is lot of toxic people in real life,best thing u can do is to report and ignore do not let negative people ruin your day.
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90 % how you react to it.” But i would be nice if you have option to remove those players for matchmaking poll so u dont get him in your next game.

1 Like

Yeah, but I rather not witch hunt. This is not the intent of this thread.

Oh totally. Like I said in the first post, I don’t care about the things they say. I don’t care about most things people in irl, why would I care about things people say in the internet :joy:. The only thing I care about is them not actually getting punished and every day it feels like Blizzard also doesn’t care.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but this wrong. Dead. Wrong.

Its called freedom of speech with some kind of responsibility in what you say What you choose to say have consequences. You think you can just say what you want in the public without any form of negativ responds from others. Sure you can say what you want. But you also choose the consequences it brings.

5 Likes

Ask people outside of the US and you will hear a completely different opinion of what to understand of freedom of speech.
And from my point of view, you can’t be more wrong with your statement.

There are no opinions of what freedom of speech is: it has a clear definition, one which you obviously didn’t look up. Google the phrase “freedom of speech.”

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Nah, your definition is a fabricated addendum on your end. You’re welcome to have your opinions on what you think the implications of speech can have and how to morally use it, but that is your opinion, not what it actually means.

In a general sense, freedom of speech is to say what you want without censorship.

In the US, it’s codified into law through the first amendment where this speech is protected from the government.

1 Like

You beat me to it. QFT

Are you saying Volun beat you to anything?
Because while I agree that Ironymus’s definition is not universal…

Your own statements that it has a clear definition is hilarious. If my triple laughing didn’t make it obvious.

Volun’s point, of what a general sense (i.e. not a 100% defenition) and how it applies in the USA… doesn’t support the nonsense you’ve spewed into this thread so far.

@SemourButts and @Volun: I suggest you to come out of your Echo chamber and learn about the world outside of the US. You will see that the rest of mankind is thinking very differently. If travelling will be possible again, I would suggest you to travel and meet people in different countries.

1 Like

Yeah, but not all kinds of speech are supported by this. Through the years the supreme court has helped define what kinds of speech are and aren’t protected by the US law.

Even though you have “freedom of speech”, all modern democracies place limits on this freedom, and the US also does.

5 Likes

Even in the U.S, freedom of speech just means you can’t get thrown in jail for expressing opinions about the government.

There are a LOT of exceptions to freedom of speech, like hate speech, anything that incites violence, death threats, ect (which surprise, show up constantly in video games). And all freedom of speech does is protect you from JAIL.

It does not protect you from people calling you out for being a jack***. It does not prevent companies from firing you due to harassment. It does not prevent you from getting thrown out of a restaurant for screaming at the waiter/hostess.

And it sure doesn’t protect you from getting a rightful ban for flinging racial slurs everywhere.

(Makes me sad, 90% of people in US, don’t even know what freedom of speech actually covers…)

4 Likes

Considering I live in the US, I’m not really concerned with outside opinions or definitions of freedom of speech, especially in a game where freedom of speech in form doesn’t even apply.

My initial point in this thread was that nothing is inherently offensive and that all offense is taken, not given. I actually had a real mouthful as to why, but then you jumped into psychology and freedoms of speech, when neither of those are even relevant to the topic at hand.

I’ve traveled plenty and lived abroad. You’re trying to inject your own personal feelings on an admittedly complex matter. I’m not even saying those feelings don’t have merit, but you don’t get to define what is speech based on those feelings.

Yeah, I didn’t break down all the exceptions because I didn’t think it was relevant. Mainly because those exceptions generally don’t really apply to a private company and how they choose to enforce their own speech rules.

I’m merely pointing out that Ironymus’s definition is just nonsense.

And this is blatantly wrong.
Don’t caring about anything outside of the US is a huge mistake.
Reverse accusation is a big problem in the US you just have to go on the streets and talk to BLM Protestors.

3 Likes

I’ve said this many times on posts and its true. The results are based on number of reports and nothing else. That will also lead to the wrong people getting punished for nothing that should be truely punishable. Just cause someone picked a hero you did not like in ranked lobby does not mean you can report them for it.

Sadly the current system supports this trash idea and players are quitting over it.