Rehgar's totem OP

Depends on the player though, because when I played Rehgar before the patch I played Totem build most of the time, because I liked this 90% slow from the totem and the ability to replace the totem again.

1 Like

No man if you needed that tiny extra dmg you went alfa killer
If you needed utility you went totem

It doesn’t depends, if you pick a talent for damage you pick a talent that provides damage

What…? You’re already explained yourself that it depends on the player what he prefers: utility or damage and then you say it doesn’t depends? :crazy_face:

So if you want to deal damage you pick a damage talent.
Geez no wonder I had muted you.

Back to another 3 months🦆

Do your a favour just mute me forever, if you really have a problem with me. I don’t mind it.

Somewhat similar? Definitely, but root disables movement or mobility abilities from being casted which slows do not.

1 Like

Wolf on 16 is picked for high health pool targets, there’s literally no reason to pick it otherwise, it excels best into garrosh, muradin, diablo and alike.

His 16 is extremely solid so is his 7 right now, both are very flexible.

I can understand totem being OP but a lot of here is really a reach, most of his OP comes right now from two talents, totem 1 and 13, that’s it.

1 Like

One thing for sure that will happen is once both these talents are tuned I would see a playstyle change into blood and thunder on 7 and Tidal Waves on 13 mixed with level 4 Earthliving Enchant, with a poke play style of simply heal → poke bite and repeat, you basically can continuously heal with just a few steps.

Right now totem at 16 also damages a lot so yes no reason at all to pick that talent

The biggest problem they’ve created with Rehgar is they’re trying to morph in every shaman totem from WoW into one ability instead of just giving him options of totems to put down. You have:

Earthbind totem (baseline)
Healing Stream totem (lvl 13)
Earthgrasp totem (Level 16)
Totem of Wrath (lvl 1 Spell power debuff instead of buff)
Windfury Totem (lvl 1 Attack speed debuff instead of buff)
Stoneclaw Totem (level 7 tanky totem)

The end result is a bunch of effects that aren’t too strong on their own but when put together, its beyond broken. You drop a totem in the enemies backline and it debuffs the hell out of them, slows them, draws their fire, roots them at 16, and heals your team.

Why not have different totems available either baseline or open to speccing into (like Deckard’s Gems) that do all the things the totem does now but on separate CDs?

It’s kinda funny actually. Rehgars totem by itself is more useful than a bunch of healers on the roster (Alexstrasza, LiLi, Kharazim, Tyrande)

6 Likes

was in an aram game and the enemy rehgar did 650k healing in a single game. our healer lucio did 280k.

The totem is the real problem, it even slows AA down i think and the healthpool is too big.

1 Like

Exactly, OJ. That’s why I said this:

While I agree with you, but this is an exaggeration, obviously.

Lvl 16 totem talent should definitely not be doing damage to anything but hero targets, the radius is insane and it helps clear the summons and swarms of minions, including the zerg on Braxis. Other supports can do this as well, but not on a 15 second cooldown for basically no mana cost, which also effectively removes 1 out of 5 players in a teamfight, takes six auto attacks to be destroyed and heals your own team.

Mana return from lightning shield could also be nerfed by a third. The intent has always been to enable some sustainability, not turn using it on cooldown as a net-gain benefit.

And baseline ally targeted purge shouldn’t be providing an immunity component, but only act as a reactive dispel (Such as Malfurion’s Nature’s Cure).

Otherwise I haven’t noticed him being too oppressive unless I’m playing stacked parties who have composition advantages in QM. Seeing there can only be one healer in these games, he is not that horrible in low coordinated matches and you don’t need to play against him for ten hours in a row.

Stats speak in favor of him being lightly overturned, but playing against him isn’t particularly frustrating, as everything about him is extremely predictable.

What you could call frustrating is being interrupted by one of Brightwing’s point and click spells from half a screen away if you happen to start channeling your ult, or having two players randomly put to sleep by Ana while she is shooting all the way from Afrika. I could add spending half of the teamfight stunned by Uther, even Stukov’s silencing arm cooldown resets. Rehgar is very far from being the worst offender in this game.

1 Like

Maybe not for LiLi. I wholeheartedly believe 1 rehgar totem provides more value for a fight than LiLi’s entire kit.

Fight me.

6 Likes

Am I the only one not having trouble against the totem? I get that the level 1 is really strong but doesn’t it kind of need to be since the whole build works around it’s damage mitigation? I haven’t really used the 13 totem talent. I prefer the shield to keep someone alive or the CDR for Q most games.

Li Li needs a rework. Ever since they changed up her kit she’s fallen off in my opinion. Some players do tell me she’s better now but I don’t agree.

2 Likes

Probius became the most annoying thing in the game if your opponents happen to be playing a superior 4 man composition that can dictate where and when a fight will take place. Need I mention how the cannons take 5-7 tower shots to be destroyed? Literally worse than with Zagara’s roaches which turns her into an old school Sylvanas. Not being required to trigger the rifts only cut down his risk of exposure in half, even dropping an impotent cannon in the jungle does a fair work of slowing down rotations.

Overall still possibly the worst hero in the game when you aren’t playing in a highly coordinated group, but very devastating as no one will be able to keep up with you or even approach close enough to drastically interrupt your process.

2 Likes

They only made one change to her that ruined her; they removed the level 1 talent that allowed Wind Serpent to cast a free blind. This allowed you to chain it with your E to lock someone like Raynor down. Now she only has the one pitiful long CD blind.

Rehgar’s AA slow totem is far more effective than LiLi’s blinds are any day of the week, given it’s uptime and the little counterplay available.

2 Likes

Li Li was a good AA counter hero before the change. Now she’s an overall weak hero. She has limited healing and poor utility. A rework should be a priority for her.

I’m not sure if I would say it’s stronger than a blind. With more and more AA builds coming to the game we need methods of dealing with them that don’t shut them down entirely like a blind does. As for counter play, the totem can be destroyed and you can play outside of it’s range too. It’s certainly very strong in the right situations. Right now I think Rehgar has a couple over tuned talents that will need to be looked at. My experience so far has been that he’s stronger but not necessarily OP in a standard composition.

1 Like

Bruh, people arguing on the level 1, that talent is wild.

-40% damage for AA and -20% spell power which also translate to -20% healing, get REAL, this talent didn’t need that post PTR buff but instead nerfs on the live patch.

7 Likes

Sometimes I think they are pushing auto attackers into a niche casue half the roaster has counters againts auto attackers now.