Rehgar's totem OP

are we ready to nerf Rehgar’s totem yet?

That thing is like Malfurion’s root on steroids.

Long range, instant cast, big HP, massive slow, lowers team dmg, AoE heals… and it roots at 16.

Worst of all, it’s immune to most spells like Frostbolt, Snipe or Stormarrow.
WTH!

11 Likes

You dont think next patch will nerf it ?

1 Like

I mean… I hope… but…

1 Like

You mean in two months?

7 Likes

We all know he needs a nerf… but when?

It doesn’t root at 16.

But yeah, you best beware my…Colossal Totem.

1 Like

Yeah the thing is amazing. I see so many Rehgars now lol

He is also at 63% winrate now overall. So he is in need of giant nerfs now.
65% winrate
94% popularity
71% banrate
All master rank stats

7 Likes

not surprised, hopefully this gets patched up quickly because now every game has a rehgar lol

I already took a break from the game and started to play D3 again. It gets boring when 80% of all your games has him in th game just becasue some people like to jump on the bandwaggon everytime a reworked hero get buffed to 60+ winrate

Same goes for Probius. He is in like 1/3 of my games casue now people suddenly have an interrest in him.

5 Likes

Stupid-OP builds and heroes are not my thing. Some people eat them up. But it’s like: if I win, then whatever because of course I won; and if I lose, it feels even worse because how could I lose? No matter what, it’s unsatisfying.

So I’m only playing Lightning Shield build. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey, it makes people play healer lol.

3 Likes

Totem HP is way, way too big. For example playing raynor being affected by AA speed reduction it is virtually impossible to kill that thing. Broken. No summon should be so strong that it basically removes a hero from fight trying to kill it, unless it is the only thing that the summoner hero is supposed to do. (a bit like zagara).

Q cooldown is too low given the fact that rehgar has 2 options to reduce it in 7 and 13 talents. Increasing cd by 2 sec or even more would be a good way to nerf it.

4 Likes

My real concern about Rehgar is his new talent Wellspring at 13 giving the the totem the ability for casting Q. It’s makes his teamfight sustain insane.

His slow on the totem on the other hand I don’t understand why people are talking too much about it, because it was that powerful before the patch as well.

That’s wrong though. Q cooldown is fine, because it’s his main source of healing.

I agree that he is op and needs adjustments and the stats says it as well, but my experience in silver-gold doesn’t reflect that ironically. He feels not the same level as Zagara or Falstad to me.

it slows by 90%, that’s pretty much a root.

2 Likes

I think many of the complaints are fairly centered around not really the slow, but the increased HP of the totem, the slow seems less of the issue here.

I hope they keep this, but of course adjusted. It’s a creative little idea that makes a full totem build a more interesting build path.

7 Likes

i forgot if they buffed it or nerfed it from ptr. i know it got color text. even at 35% heal, thats still better then BW. BW does 110 every 4 sec, the totem does ~90 every 2 sec to 3 ppl. still a greater amount of healing, while being a ranged item where rehg doesn’t have to put himself in harm way. then add in all the other affects

1 Like

Even worse is BW trait will heal the first injurid hero she comes in range of so she have to stack up on people just to get value of multiple hero healing something that totem does 100 times better then her.

Also having 40% attack speed and 20% spell power debuff already at lvl 1 is massive overpowered.

9 Likes

I partly disagree, because they just give one totem everything and makes it overall too powerful and that’s why we see the complains. And this talent in particular is just a copy of Lucio’s Boombox at 7. My personal idea would be to make all this totem traits:

• healing
  • attackspeed slow
  • spell power debuff

splitted in different totems like Shamans have in WoW and it should work either like Decard’s crystal talents or like Shamans in WoW and he gets more totems. Otherwise it’s just another no brainer rework to make him a generalist; he has now better aoe healing (compared to Lucio), while also having a lot of utility… that’s bs.

It roots and damages. Pre rework you picked de wolf talent for dmg

Also when people walk into it. Or if its recasts and someone makes their first contact they basicly get the almost-root