Ranked is broken

It is time to change the ranking system, its a joke! Individual performances has to be a thing. Then maybe you will get your desired rank and play with people at your skill level. But to count losses and wins is pointless, its broken. Can you fix this **** now please.

8 Likes

Good individual performance equals more consistent victories by doing the right things to actually win. Playing stat pad hero’s to avoid losing rank would be a disfunctional system and just lead to people farming points instead of trying to win so they ‘look’ better to the system. Learn the important stuff to win like shot calling and proper merc camp farming for exp advantages and it’ll make a big difference to winrate. Those vision camps on hanimura for example are about an entire waves worth of exp. Farming stuff like that consistently can dramatically boost teams to winning. Doesn’t even matter if your better at team fighting the team that does camps better almost always wins.

2 Likes

only thing to be changed and fixed here is your attitude. Stop being delusional and start working on your gameplay. the system is perfeclty fine. you are in a rank where you belong to. Your individual performance is obviously sh*t and if you think a change in in the ranking system will make you better, well this wont happen. how hard is it to follow simple logic, if your performance is so good and better than everyones on the enemy team, how it comes you cant climb? yeah the answer is simple, because it isnt.

3 Likes

Love the people who honestly believe there is not a single thing wrong with blizzard and the poor ranking and MMR system they have.

4 Likes

Love the people who try make bald assumptions based on a single post. No it is not everything ok with ranked, never said this. BUT its a fact that the basic mechanism of a ladder system is working perfectly fine. Everyone can climb and everyone can fall based on skill. Nothing to be changed here.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a such thing as a perfect rank system. It ain’t perfect, leagues ain’t perfect, no ranked system I’ve ever played has been perfect. One thing I do know though, focusing on selfish stat padding in such a macro oriented game is definitely not a system that would improve it. Selfish dumbasses with an ego complex about how pro they are and can’t be bothered to do the most basic things because their too busy self congratulating themselves on highest seige and hero damage lose games.

1 Like

I would recommend watching some streams if you are really interested in improving your rank. Grubby, Leonblack, And Fanhots are some master/GM streamers that explain a lot of things decently in depth, and they are proactive “shot caller” types that make game changing decisions. I have learned a lot from watching them, including draft/comp strats, talent choices for certain heroes in comps, timing of camps/soak/objectives, and micro gameplay timing like when to use stuns, ults, etc.

Khaldor is great to watch and very entertaining (previously HGC commentator). He explains so much in the games aside from just commentating them, but the problem is he obviously only shows competitive play (divisional teams after HGC was cancelled). Competitive coordinated team play is very different from regular ranked in lots of ways so it may not translate well to SL but it’s good for learning.

I can already detect “but I’m already good, it’s my teammates fault.” The truth is, several master players have done a “bronze to masters” challenge where they solo Q bronze to master rank. If you were in the top 20% skill level of the player base, most likely you could do the same. I just started playing and don’t even have most of the heroes unlocked, but I have been able to learn and apply a lot of stuff from watching good people play and my win rate is climbing. Yes bad players make you lose occasionally. Yes the other teams end up with better comps. These can be overcome by good players.

You must love living in your own little world acting like 1 player can carry 4 other players and that no one on this game ever throws games or losses on purpose.

2 Likes

yes a single player can carry a game. prove me wrong. you seem to lack basic understanding of the system, thinking a 50% winrate is forced or players get intetionallly matched with trolles. Easy example here: you have 2 teams with average MMR of 2000 with every player having a MMR of 2000. Your MMR is 2000 as well BUT you have practiced a lot in QM and watched lots of tutorials aka you have increased your skill level. So saying your true MMR is 2000 is wrong since in fact it is higher because you got better, lets say 2100. The game still count your MMR as 2000 and doesnt know anything about your now higher skill. Now back to the example. Both teams have the same counted MMR but the “true” MMR of your team is higher because of you. You are in fact carrying the games because you give your team an advantage until you reach your true MMR and rank of 2100 (rank and MMR are the same by the way). This is far appart from forcing anything on you. Only your skill decides in the long run where you land. Also you are the one living in our own little world thinking you can force a system on one of the most random and inconsistent beeings like a human. People throw games, people go afk, people insult, people are sometimes tired, less focused, drunk, angry, play better or worser heroes, get visits during matches or phone calls, watch more or less the map, die. How delusional can you be thinking you can overcome this by changing the system or that it is somehows Blizzard fault forcing this people on you? In fact we are left with a perfectly fine system with some randomness to it. You and the other players are the random factor which will always exist except with maybe some futuristic brain implants. The randomnes will for sure let you jump between some ranks since you and others cant play consistently and never could BUT the current system will bring you(or better said let you bring yourself) to roughly a 50% winrate and a rank where you belong, which is absolutely the best thing it can do in terms of sorting a random beeing like us into a fixed system.

A single player can throw a game, You get someone who is afking at base all game, I promise you that you will lose. This game needs to be punishing these people much more strictly or stripping them of there ranks so they can not do this, the system is not fine cause these problems are getitng worse, not better.

1 Like

so what? how does it matters if you have someone afk and you loose the game? this is a random factor nothing more. if you lose games that you should have won because of this people, than you get a higher chance of winning the next game. if you win game that you should have lost because enemies have someone afk, than you have higher chances of loosing the next game. AFKs , throwers, smurfs and so on are all random factors and appear statistically absolutely equaly on your and enemy team. thats why you can have some fluctuation in your rank. But in the end there is no mechanism working AGAINST you but its the opposite thing, the system works in favor of placing you in the rank you belong. There are strict rules, people get banned and punished. " the system is not fine cause these problems are getitng worse, not better" again how its the systems fault for humans being inconsistent and random with different behaviours? what should Blizzard do about it? Hire few thousand more poeple to monitor every game? In the end it doesnt even matter like i said, you will end in the rank you belong to. being too harsh and punishing to those people more for ruinning some games for you is maybe over the top.

1 Like

Lol he says so what. This is funny. I love the ignorance of some people on here. good day to you sir. I gotta better chance of teaching a wall more than I do you.

haha typical answer if you have nothing to say left! “buhhhu you so ignorant” lol. youre right, sorry for not seeing the big issue here. we need to take this issue more serious. Next time someone feeds or throws in one of your games, an emergency blizzard employee should come to your house with a warm cup of hot chocolate and warm blankets to comfort you and promisse to ban this bad bad player. Or you deal with this like a men and accept the fact that this things happen and blizzard cant do more than ban this people. " I gotta better chance of teaching a wall" teaching in what? how you get butthurt everytime someone is doing something wrong in a video game? you havent proved in any point that the ranked system is flawed. All the flaws you name go back to the simple and random nature of humans which neither you, neither Blizzard or anybody can fix.

1 Like

Gotta love people who are completely unwilling to consider the possibility that they arn’t climbing because they suck. It just has to be the system not them.

1 Like

When you are a support main you are at the mercy of your dps/carries. I very rarely feed, get caught of position and my heals are usually on point but if dps afk games or dive 1v4 then there is nothing you can do sadly.

oh you poor thing, it breaks my heart to see you strugle like this. Heals on point, never caught of position and EVEN rarely feeding! i cant believe this broken system is so against you! probably there are even some evil blizzard employees extra hindering you from climbing through putting leavers and feeders in your game. Seriously cant believe such good players are hold back and have to go through all this hell with this riged system! But it makes me happy that you find the courage to come back and fight against this atrocious system, i will pray every day for you! Keep going!

1 Like

Go troll somewhere else thank you.

Go cry somewhere else thank you.

1 Like

Sadly the game needs you to be a teamplayer if you want to carry the game, if you do not feel like contributing for the team for greater purpose there are dota 2 and lol for that, i play the other games when i am on the mentality to solo carry, since prolonged laning phase and item customization gives ample opportunities to hit your powerspike earlier and more consistent to carry your team.

If you happen to insist trying to rank up in this game try to play around your team more, if you are playing splitpusher, pick your time when is it worth to splitpush or to join teamfight, if you are playing flashy teamfight heroes pick your own fight wisely, if you play tanks try to select the proper time when to engage and when to peel and so on for another role

Communicate your team if the opponent wasted long cd ult or missing from a lane, communicate to your team if you are about to set up a gank or trying to conetest a camp etc

I rarely play hots if i am on solo carry mentality though, even when i play heroes like alarak, Kel’Thuzad, illidan, hanzo, zeratul, li ming i have to consider what value do I bring to the team, is it my splitpush potential to divide their heroes in teamfight? Is it my well timed void prison to set up combo? Do I have to cc the right person at the right time? or am i just going to become a primary focused burst damage dealer.

The things i mentioned above is simportant consideration for another game as well, but if you able to have high cs in other game while skillfully manipulate the wave to pressure opposing laner it is going to become easier to hit the spike earlier with powerful item early on, but hots requires different approach hence there are side objectives like map obj and camps in hots aside from mainly buildings

People like you are what is wrong with the game. You believe everything you do and say is right and are unable to learn anything new. You just flame and try to bring other people down when you know you are wrong.