Rank points system is broken

Someone want to explain why I am stuck in Diamond Storm League with a great than 50% win rate, but i’ve seen so many master players with 3k+ points, and 47% win rate or lower?

I call BS…

1 Like

For the same reason I am diamond 2 but then get placed plat 1 at the start of the season.

For the same reason that players like to que into ranked but afk or say they are here to have fun and not even try to win.

Or my personal favorite, the idea that matching a 5 man premade against 5 randoms is balanced.

Final tip. Dont play storm league til they fix this stuff, otherwise you just wasting your time.

Depends on the actual matches. Losing to a bunch of players that are more skilled results in lower MMR loss than losing to less skilled players. I am guessing the Master players often end up being the victims of Grandmaster players and hence their win rate suffers but MMR does not.

Same reason I lost whole rank today because a kid decided to afk and troll.
And I got him a game after as well.

And I have no way how to influence this

2 Likes

And considering this is a large majority of the ranked player base its sad. You get these players while 5 mans get to get easy wins cause they matched against these randoms who getting these trolls. I gave up on ranked til they fix it.

I sure miss the hero league.

It was promised that storm league would have button you could check that you want to play as a solo against other solos.
No idea why they didnt implement it.

1 Like

People didnt tilt as much either, you had many more games that were balanced too. none of this 2 diamonds and 3 silvers vs 4 plats y aknow?

thats because when you had people in diamond or plat, they climbed there themselves.

Now, due to merging HL and TL, people with bloated MMR from team league got to diamond and they are dragging people down.

Plat used to be an ok rank but plat is now the new gold where people get stuck, they rage, or they just get placed in plat and goof off cause trolling is a thing.

i know, was there since I started hots and then I slowly climbed to dia.
Plat was total fine rank.

What I am experiencing now in diamond is compareable to silver…

1 Like

I suspect MMR is a bit off whack due to usual summer activity spike. This kind of happens every year and is also why weekends and major holidays suffer a similar issue.

For example the other day I actually managed to lose a Versus AI Elite match. Of course it was partly my fault because I thought healing my allies would be better than going a DPS build to carry them since that was the logical thing to do when matched with 4 human assassins against Elite AI. Turns out they fed like mad and did practically no damage…