Rank doesnt move back

Quick noob Question: The decribtion of ranked games say, that every rank gets a set-back with the start of a new Season, so you can try again for a better start. Problem is yesterday it said Season Ends today and today it says it will end in like 1,5 month, but my rank (bad) is still there. Shouldn´t it be set back so i can try again in the new Season?

1. The extended the season by 2 months . The season isn’t ending any time soon so no placement matches for a while.
  2. When the season does end, they might remove your “rank” but your MMR value stays in the system. Placement matches use your MMR which will be left at whatever rank you ended last season with. This will be the rank you begin your placements in. That is, unless your MMR is somehow different than your rank, for instance one season I ended with only a few losses in a ton of games so like 44-8 in my last 52 matches. I went up like 4 divisions to start my placements. During placements the “certainty” value is loosened meaning that you can potentially gain or lose more MMR points a bit faster during placement matches than during regular season matches. But it’s not much, even if you do amazingly well in placement matches you will only go up max 3 divisions from your current rank (so from Bronze 4 to Bronze 1) assuming that your MMR is close to your actual rank.
1 Like