R.I.P Downvotes (first ever Megathread)

Flagging you for spam is exactly what is needed to be done against you as you bring nothing relevant to the topic other than saying i disagree

A forum is made for discussion not a i agree or disagree meeting

Now you might take my words and twist them up as you please but hear me out

Of course you can disagree and agree with a topic but to do so on a forum you should also apply some form of argument against or with it

Saying i disagree or agree is not relevant in anyway as you dont bring anything to the table

This is how a forum is working, Blizzard is not running some sort of like and dislike contest lol

4 Likes

I Disagree.

14 Likes

ā€œA forum is made for discussion not a i agree or disagree meetingā€
Agreed, remove upvotes. Moar discushun pls.

10 Likes

And right now you just keep spamming it which is also a reason for why it should be flagged, i hope blizzard take actions against your behaviour

1 Like

They removed my Downvote ability, leaving me with no other option.

I would have just downvoted your post on the old forum, but now I cant.

10 Likes

Lol. Spamming the report button because you disagree with a post. What an improvement. Totally not toxic. Bravo.

11 Likes

You have many options.

1. Say nothing.
  2. State your disagreement.
  3. Flag a post as inappropriate (If it deserves it).

You simply chose to spam out of defiance. Youā€™re free to do that, but be careful as it is actually spam.

3 Likes

I posted earlier in the thread my reasonsā€¦ Repeating them would be just as much spamming, and require a lot more typing on my part.

10 Likes

Is that what weā€™re resorting to now, reporting people who type ā€œI disagreeā€ because they donā€™t have the button? Great forum. 10/10. Maybe everyone who uses the upvote button without commenting should be reported too. It doesnā€™t further discussion after all.

10 Likes

Im flagging it for spam which is the thing the person is doing if you havent noticed yet? The option is literally called Flag for spam

I have flagged all flinxā€™es posts saying ā€œi disagreeā€ nothing else
Why should this person have the option to spam while others dont?

Saying im toxic by flagging a negative post is just ironic

1 Like

ā€œYouā€™ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 18 hours before trying againā€

:stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

No? You report a post because it is inappropriate and breaks the rules.

Anyone using the flagging system for any other purpose is violating the code of conduct.

Again, it isnā€™t meant to add to the discussion. Upvotes / Likes are simply meant as a tool to convey to your fellow poster that you like what theyā€™re doing and you want them to do it more often.

They arenā€™t meant to be a form of agreement.

1 Like

I made a thread within minutes of the new forums going live

Im familiar with the software the new forums are on- Its called discourse.

My first question was wondering how long itd be before we saw threads about :frowning: no more down votes :frowning:

The answer: Not long.

Bye bye down votes.

3 Likes

I Disagree that I am spammingā€¦ I am just letting you know that I disagree with your opinion.

13 Likes

Telling you ā€œi disagreeā€ is not toxic or spamming. Hopefully you get suspended for false reports. People have every right to type ā€œI disagreeā€ and nothing more. You are not entitled to a 3 paragraph response to every post someone disagrees with. Thatā€™s what everyone who wanted downvotes removed wanted isnā€™t it? For them to have to type a response? ā€œI disagreeā€ is a perfectly legit response.

15 Likes

Iā€™m totally baffled that you cannot see the hypocrisy in what youā€™re typing. I know youā€™re not an unintelligent person, Iā€™m completely blown away that you think ā€œUpvotes / Likes are simply meant as a tool to convey to your fellow poster that you like what theyā€™re doing and you want them to do it more often.ā€ but downvotes are somehow invalid/harmful and not intended for exactly the same thingā€¦ I donā€™t evenā€¦

12 Likes

Iā€™m actually curious how theyā€™ve implemented Trust Levels. Hopefully theyā€™re not going to give those with high Trust Level access to the spam flagging feature.

Go look up what spamming means, cause you clearly dont know it

I was actually a Forum Moderator for Disney Interactive. I am quite familiar what constitutes spamming on a forum.

7 Likes

Because theyre not equal

Welcome to discourse- Easily one of the best forum tools around.

The devs behind discourse made the decision to omit downvotes, because theyre not conductive to the type of atmosphere they want.

They are not equal.

There is a stark difference between Agreeing with something- and disagreeing with something.

When you agree with something, what you agree with, and often why, is apparent.

When you downvote something- That reason is NOT apparent.

Maybe you downvoted it because you dislike the user.

Maybe you downvoted what theyre saying is straight up wrong.

Maybe you downvoted it because you dislike their opinion on something

In either case- The discussion is not furthered any.

The creators behind discourse WANT you to share why youd have downvoted something.

You can agree, or disagree, with their reasoning all youd like. But at the end of the day? Thats what they want. You dislike something? Use your big boi words, and explain to that person why.

4 Likes