R.I.P Downvotes (first ever Megathread)

You will be missed :frowning:

Edit: got the first megathread on the forums.

EDIT 2: 150 replies woo.

EDIT 3: 500 replies! Can we reach 1k?!

176 Likes

Irony - Those against downvotes have to actually express that they won’t miss it, rather then just downvoting pro-downvote posts. :thinking:

61 Likes

INB4 “Overwatch Flag button is the new downvote” all over again.

16 Likes

Rest in Rework, red pointy bois.

15 Likes

meh… wasn’t really that much of a good feature anyway.

16 Likes

Yeah, this forum will be way too blue.

16 Likes

I disagree… And apparently I have to disagree with at least 20 characters :stuck_out_tongue:

34 Likes

You can by pass that by filling the rest of the missing characters between <fillercharactershere>

Cool trick I have been using a lot in this new forums.

3 Likes

I disagree.

5 Likes

well it wouldn’t be a big deal if downvoted post didn’t get buried with in the forums because that was the only problem I had with it.

3 Likes

I never had any problem reading posts that were downvoted.

24 Likes

Sure, but upvote aren’t really that good either. They shouldve either scrapped both or kept both.

30 Likes

I rather them actually do that but having just likes has never been much of a problem. It’s nice to see who likes your post tho more like how it is on social media I guess.

3 Likes

I do agree with that, and I felt that was the only “real” problem with the old downvote system: That it was anonymous.

3 Likes

Anyone else find it funny that they didn’t even bother updating the “Read this before posting” thread to reflect the new forums? It still talks about clicking on the thumbs up button if you like a post and the thumbs down button if you dislike a post.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost like the forums were created for discussions and interaction.

The downvotes were really useful because…yeah no, good riddance.

10 Likes

I mean let’s be honest here, hardly anyone used the downvote system properly. I mean posts on the technical support forum were getting downvoted for goodness sake haha.

14 Likes

Honestly the Downvote issues will never be solved by removing and keeping the other, people will be mixed on it on both sides, I would say, get rid of both, and all the up/downvote problems should be gone.

5 Likes

It really was kind of a pointless feature as it was implemented. It didn’t really encourage constructive discussions. At most, you got blacked out, and people were more inclined to read the post. Even then, downvoted posts, didn’t necessarily indicate the post was wrong.

I remember recently, I wrote a post how Genji was overrated, and people did not like when I said that statistically, even though he was banned and picked a lot, his win rate was actually below average, even at masters comparatively to other heroes.

That got downvotes like crazy, and I wasn’t even really stating an opinion. Those were just the facts. The like/dislike system was more just a I agree or disagree in the most contextually meaningless way. What’s weird is that if you were in any way critical of downvotes, you were automatically branded a troll.

The only thing it was useful was sort of using it as a barometer for public opinion. However, as we all know, popularity does not mean truth.

9 Likes

It was meant to help solve trolling but people used it for disagreeing which was not what it was meant for blizzard said this, which if that’s the case why didn’t they get rid of it sooner ?

1 Like