R.I.P Downvotes (first ever Megathread)

It was never meant to solve trolling. There was even a Blue post stating that it was simply for liking and disliking (aka popularity.)

9 Likes

Well when I saw them post about it was meant to help against trolling I saw a blue post in WOW forums which is why they removed it from their and that’s what they said but even tho it was WOW you would think that for it to be the same exact system then it will be meant for the same purpose but that’s my mistake I guess.

1 Like

I miss downvotes already, now i’m going to have to tell someone, in a post, to please refrain from making nonsense run on sentences, and add some punctuation to their posts. :weary:

17 Likes

The “Boycotting the new event” thread is a perfect example of why we still need Downvotes in the forums… Basically the OP WANTS forced losses to be in the game, but only when they are applied to the enemy team. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

i think the main idea behind no downvotes is either agree or ignore. they dont want ‘negativity’. its a general blizzard thing that unfortunately they see every kind of conflict as bad. when in fact its not.

downvotes are not a bad thing. when you have threads made, for example, by HoH or one of their alts, that are nothing but long rambling nonsense then all you can think is ‘wtf?’ and downvote them for making such a waste of time.

13 Likes

… downvoted

5 Likes

Tbh they probably enjoyed the downvotes because negative attention is still attention and a sign that their threads are at least clicked on. It would be the best if ppl would just ignore their nonsense.

5 Likes

A lot of people don’t understand the psychology behind trolling is that, a user decideds to post something (mostly to start a flamewar) specifically get attention, they care less of what emotion or reaction it is as long as it’s attention, and that’s what the downvotes were doing for them, enforcing the idea that their trolling is actually working.

2 Likes

Yeah but now you get replies and bumped threads so its almost worst.

4 Likes

2 different things “my dude”
I will rather use the flag button since you dont deny harassing

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

No they won’t.

Not surprised to see that Blizzard went with Discourse just like Overwatch.

Now you’ll have to actually argue the merits of the thread rather than just clicking a button.

1 Like

On the plus side you can at least see the amount of views a page has.
So if it has 500 views but only around 20 likes chances are people didn’t really like it that much. (Or at least just didn’t care at any rate.)
I mean, I know it’s not the same thing, but it’s something.

3 Likes

No I don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Do as you wish, friend. =P

Yeah this 1000%. Downvotes bring nothing to the table but a popularity contest.

3 Likes

:-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down_small::arrow_down_small::arrow_down_small::arrow_down_small: #hax

2 Likes

:arrow_down_small: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Indeed. “Oh no, now I can’t censor people’s opinions that I don’t like. ;(((”

Not sure why this was needed tbh.

Terrible threads needed to be nuked (shoutouts to Draco).

7 Likes