Quality of games tanked. Work shift to blame?

I’m not sure if I’m cursed or if the time of day is affecting my games, but ever since I changed shifts at my work, my quality of games has tanked to dire frustration.

I used to play from around 1AM EST to 3AM EST, but due to my work shift, I now play from 10PM EST to 12AM EST. I was sitting at 54% winrate before my shift, and right now I’m at 52.8% (103W/92L) in Plat 3.

That may not seem like a large change in winrate, but it’s the frustration behind the games, the wins, the losses, that’s got me wondering how much of a difference the time of day makes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best times of day to play? I already know the weekend is a cursed time to play. I’m missing my late night peeps already.

Number of players available might vary depending of the schedule you’re playing under, but I’ve never gone so far as to assume it was something that could be correlated.

1 Like

Do you play solo? It seems like this season is essentially rigged, pitting groups of organized players against teams of random solos.

The outcome is predictable.

I was playing exclusively solo, yes.

However, I threw in the towel a week and a half ago and decided to take a break from the game. I’m spending time trying to work through my game backlog while saving myself from bad frustration with HotS. :slight_smile:

I’ll probably wait and see if there are any good backbone updates to the game before I decide to come back. I don’t even want to play quick match without the Call of the Nexus update.

Outcomes are mostly unpredictables. I’ve won most games agaist 5-man. They’re not good, just queuing together. They’re not even rotating in the early game to abuse their communication advantage.

Hard to say the time makes difference - but, I would dare say Friday and Saturday nights may have a bit higher percentage of stupid games…

If you ever played world of tanks - the skill level MEGA varies by hour on the day

I do agree about the time of day and depend on what day in the week it is.
Usually Weekends are the worst, especially around 23:00 - 02:00(Norwegian Times) seems to be trolling hour in HOTS.