Punish hate speech in this game. No excuse for this in 2021

It has to be instant punishment. You have to let the reporters know the offenders have been punished, and it has to happen immediately.

And yes, the r-word is hate speech. It’s not up for debate.

5 Likes

Then players need to report people insteed of just muting them. Then nothing happens to them.

No, thank you. We don’t need to make a flawed system even worse, if you have a problem with someone, just mute him or get a thicker skin. If he is constantly insulting you or the team, report him and move on.

23 Likes

Saying “get a thicker skin” is not appropriate for situations where a person is using the R-word, N-word, or any other type of slur that insults a demographic of people. Racism, and hate speech should not be tolerated in a game, and “just mute him” will not fix the fact that there’s a player who most likely is harassing people every game.

14 Likes

Depends on the context, if someone just using this words, because he got triggered it’s different to someone, who use this words intentionally. There is a reason why in real life judges or laws makes a difference between acting on purpose or instinct. The latter comes close to me, when someone is tilted/triggered and uses this words.

And it’s usually easy to spot on the guy, who uses this words intentionally and for this one, we already have the current system. It’s far from good, but it’s doing it’s job quite well. We don’t need a change. Just report the problematic user for abusive chat and move on.

3 Likes

Those words are NO worse than any other insult being bombarded at you constantly, this game has 1% of the hate speech League of Legends had(probably still has), in that game often you would get into a game, and instantly get flamed for no reason.

If a person insults you for no reason once, it’s fine, it could of been a joke that flew over your head(it happens a lot btw), second time report. IDK how so many of you have problems with this game’s player’s behavior when i have none, nor do any of the players i have added in game.

Ignoring issues with the whole “immediate ban after a single instance” thing, do you really trust blizz to implement this without some sort of monkey’s-paw shenanigans? I don’t.

13 Likes

I mean, your not totaly wrong but you got any realistic solutions? We can’t just have a referee for every game thats played.

5 Likes

Honestly there has been a ton of such posts and i have yet to have seen evidence, show your replays, which you have, unless you were toxic in them themselves…

2 Likes

I’ve been called all those words thousands of times. Should I go cry in a corner every time it happens? Go to therapy and bawl my eyes out?

No really, tell me what else can I do except report them and move on. Create a topic every time someone calls me a r*tard in Quick Match? Write a complaint to Joe Biden?

On a personal level, growing a thicker skin is the only help. On a game-wide level, banning or silencing people who keep spamming these insults works the best.

6 Likes

2021 and people still crying when someone is calling them ‘bad player’.

5 Likes

And people are still fighting over skin color and religion. When humans discover we are all the same then world would be better place living in. But narrow-minded humans will keep saying otherwise.

8 Likes

When did the world stop giving birth? Just curious.

1 Like

I wish the world could be a better place, but instead people wake up and choose to be hateful, racist, mean and just awful people. It’s sad. We’re all the same, it just comes down to genetics.

5 Likes

Is it really a problem? I mean, boys and girls should not give so much attention to this kind of people (I mean those who got some rude way of talking). Those people are just…strangers, you don’t even know them, so why give them such attention? Move on, keep playing, and ask to yourself if you did anything bad objectively speaking.

Now, speaking of “Notify the reporter that some reported player has been punished”. I think is not that necessary, you do your best to report a player for some bad behavior or something else, without receiving anything back, having faith on the system, “blindfolded” (without knowing if something actually happened to the reported player). But to the other hand is kinda satisfactory knowing that a good job has been done reporting someone. Knowing or not if a reported player has been punished is not important, because it would be only a satisfaction thing.

2 Likes

Atleast that action shows us who is weak enough to go BAWWWWWW-page instead of simple reporting.

In aviation that word is a very common term (in fact, its a word they are required to say because it has to be registered in the flight recorders as part of the procedure). And basicly just means reducing throttle. The reason for it to be mandatory is because it makes investigating landing accidents easier when it happens.

Sure, using it against people is offsensive use, but not all words are always insults. Its still down to context.

7 Likes

Interesting question. Does it mean every birth is a new beginning and every human has to learn things new from the scratch, so in the end it’s a never ending cycle of problems? Or in short: History is doomed to repeat itself?

Instant removal systems are bad on so many levels, not least of which the risk that if there is soemthing badly coded or heck, even if you have to use the word in another context (or heaven forbid someone who dosne’t know about the tabboo says Oh yeah I am playing like an R”

So many ways this is just going south real fast.

3 Likes

The problem with that is humans are the same, yet no one person is treated, valued or has shared the exact same experience as others do within the same society let alone comparative cultures.

It will indeed take a very long time before everyone is born on a equal playing field, if that’s even possible. It’s debatable, but a laudable goal.

1 Like