Probably an unpopular opinion

I think they should revert all the nerfs they’ve given heroes and just balance around that new power level. Nerfs to garrosh, tracer, genji, illidan, stealth changes, tower changes, etc should be reversed.

The reason I’m saying this is because after the nerfs/changes, most of the heroes feel like watered down remnants of themselves. I think back in the day when the roster was small, it was more understandable but I think with the roster as large as it is today, it would be fun to see heroes in their prime compete with other heroes in their prime. Let their OPness battle other OPness lol.

I’m not suggesting a continuous power creep, I just think it’d be much more exciting if the baseline power of heroes was raised so that balancing is done at a higher power level.

10 Likes

I don’t see Tassadar there.

You are disgusting!

13 Likes

Popular opinion: NO WAY…

7 Likes

He is there

He is packaged away in ‘etc’

1 Like

Revert stealth with the old nova triple Decoys oh my goodness Kreygasm

He deserves to be named after 2 years of suffering. Instead you have put him on “etc”.

Not right.

rage mod on

7 Likes

Yeah, so basically it’d be one hero’s ‘OP’ vs another hero’s OP.

I just want to see what that’d look like. I miss the days when things weren’t so watered down.

Well, I don’t play Tassadar much so he got an ‘etc’ because I wrote the post lol.

Now back to the closet with you.

2 Likes

):<

You are bad on making people to support your idea.

Baka

3 Likes

(:<

Also, how did you get away with writing less than 20 chars?

Hue use left arrow <write something here then end it with right arrow it hides the words inside
like this <> any word inside is hidden if you start and end with arrows on the sides

1 Like

After your action I won’t tell.

Rofl

lol, so petty. Don’t want to know now, thanks.

:handshake:

2 Likes

If every Hero is OP, no Hero is OP.
If we revert every nerf, some Heroes will end up OP in the new system and most of the roster would become either obsolete or just “normal”.

Since op-ness, power, balance (and basically everything which can be put on a spectrum) is relative, you won’t end up feeling more powerful with your Heroes.

I understand curiosity, and you have the right to be wrong, but man, this is a bad idea and the outcome won’t match your expectations.

4 Likes

I’m not trying to feel more powerful, I just think certain kits feel more fun to play in their original renditions than now so even if that results in feeling ‘normal’, I’m ok with that.

-Tracer feels less fluid than before. Not saying she’s underpowered she just doesn’t have that smooth feel anymore
-Landing an old Garrosh Q was so fun.
-etc

You also have the right to be wrong, which you are because you’re placing a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ in an opinion post. Opinions are neither right or wrong because they’re opinions.

Additionally, other heroes can get number tweaks or whatever to liven up their kits a bit but right now, a lot of heroes just feel meh to me.

Some nerfs were removing broken mechanics. Those reverted will still be broken, no matter the tweaks on them or on other Heroes.

It’s also pretty common that ppl feel Heroes are “watered down” / “shadows of their formal self” / “meh” after they reached balancedness from their op state.
Maybe that’s the case to you too.

What I tried to say is, that your main post

gave the impression that you think reverting nerfs would cause this “epic battle of unstoppable forces”, which if truly your thinking (“opinion”) is just not correct/right thanks to the nature of relativeness.

If it wasn’t, my bad.

1 Like

5 Likes

I used OPness vs other OPness so that people wouldn’t suddenly jump to the conclusion that one particular hero will be a god because other heroes would be amped up to that power level as well.

So yeah, it may feel normal when battling another ‘OP’ hero but the kits would feel more fluid and fun to play again.

Betrayal of the doctor… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like