Premades against non-premades

Good job. Queued solo, enemy team a 5 man premade. They even build a great team with 2 frontline, push, ranged damage and Ana as heal.

Oh, and we won against them. 2-2-1 setup.
Maybe somebody overestimates the advantage of premades… ?

3 Likes

Does’nt guarantee nothing.

3 Likes

Thank you for your insightful argument.

1 Like

Premade mean nothing unless their draft is superior

I have like 3 bronze friends who just feed all game and you cant carry as 2 people vs 5.

whether or not they are a premade doesn’t not mean they have the same skill levels.

I know blizzard said once that if they match premade vs soloers, the soloers will be strong enough to overcome their ‘‘disadvantage’’. Like I dunno, if the premade is diamond 5, the soloers might be like D3 with a good winrate and stuff. Not sure if it’s still true, though

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t use words like “disadvantage”… because there is none in their eyes. In fact they made it so the solo groups MMR is on AVG higher than the pre made. Which strikes me as odd that now the odds are against the pre made group despite them not having an advantage in the first place apparently???

These very forums will tell you time and time again that a 5 man premade will forever have an advantage that cannot be overcome.
A. They can build a cohesive team for QM
B. They are on voice comm

Any attempts by any forums member to discuss that this is not the case (see: MMR adjustment) will be dismissed as blizzard propaganda.
I just wanted to highlight again that not all is lost…

I will never argue that a five stack can never be beat that’s honestly just silly, hell my group loses maybe 3 or 4 matches a night, but ill fight to the bitter end that five stacks have some type of advantage.

I think its absurd that blizzard and a good group of people refuses to think that there isn’t a single advantage a pre made group can have. I mean blizzard themselves turned around and came out and said that five stacks were “hurting peoples moral before a match”…that’s an advantage. Honestly that had to be one hell of an advantage for them to take action against it.

1 Like

Everyone acknowledges that 5 mans are at an advantage. That’s why their opponent group will be of higher MMR to counterbalance.
THAT is what many believe not to be a sufficient measure.

1 Like

Must be the same group that wants fair and balanced team but wont put in the time or effort to creating their own 5 stack or playing draft.:thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe somebody overestimates the statistical relevance of a single game?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe not.
Maybe I just wanted to open a thread on the topic without the usual “content” .

That depends what mode you play and what rank you are.

I’ve faced team of 5.
2 masters and 3 high diamond. We were a team of 5 solo randoms.
They stomped us without any mercy, the game ended with 3 level difference.
Checked them after the game, they had between 65 to 70% winrate for SL in this season.

You mean compared to the times when Blizzard who has all the data of all the games have said they’re pretty much even, and it’s more a perception problem.

Premades for the vast vast majority of the population are perfectly fine except for the tippity top of players of whom there aren’t enough good players that make it exceedingly difficult to match like Lastai mentions.

However, there aren’t really solutions to that except to not let those players queue together. Ultimately, this is a team game, and disincentivizing that seems like a worse decision.

Was this in QM? If it was SL, did you guys get favored adjustment?

1 Like

SL.
Yeah, we got. +22.
Lost “only” 178 points instead of the regular 200.

The biggest advantage a 5 man stack has over a group of randoms is that the 5 man can almost guarantee that one of their team mates isnt going to have a hissy fit and throw the game for a stupid reason.

And while that definitely is an advantage, it isnt caused by 5 man teams, it’s caused by stupid and immature people.

2 Likes

Nothing surprising here, the game is always a match of 5 people vs 5 people. The team with better skills wins.

Just have a game that I teamed with 4 man party vs 5 solos.

Loading screen:
https://i.imgur.com/ExOc789.jpg

In-game End result:
https://i.imgur.com/hWty9Mc.jpg

Nothing much. Team B just lost all buildings, 17 kills, captured the majority of the camps and objectives. And yes, I am pretty much unneeded as I spend most of my times laning at the bottom lane and get some kills thru Purifier Beams. Probably the least stressful game that I ever played in these few days.

I also have a few similar games in the past where I was partying with 4 man party vs 5 solos, and most of the results are pretty satisfying for me (because I won lol.

But of course, when I was the one in 5 solos team vs 4man party or full premade, the results were often pretty depressing for me.

Kindly repeat your statement in the other threads on this topic.

There are 2 types of premade, one with 5 random pugs only do it for bonus exp. They usually lose with MMR disadvantage. The other one is 70%+ win rate proper premade with superior comp and communication. Most of the time these both are stomps one way or another, but the end result is ~50% win rate so who cares.

2 Likes