Potential scoop for the next hero

I hope that’s a meme, kinda indicating that Gnolls are as important and wanted as Kobolds.

Ye thats why i want Hogger into Hots.

For your gnoll tenders?

But Hogger is a Gnoll… I don’t get the reasoning here. :joy:

1 Like

Never played WoW. But Gnolls look cool. I’m all for it.

You wanna know why I used Ryu in my previous post? when someone asked, I could respond with M.Bison and post…

trap card meme

1 Like

Bison are cool

They’re fuzzy like sheep

Why did I write this

I need some sleep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison`

But this isn’t Bision, it’s VEGA. :joy:

Source

In the Japanese version of Street Fighter II, the boxer character who we know as Balrog is actually called M. Bison. This was intended to be a reference to Mike Tyson. The dictator character we know as M. Bison is called Vega in Japan, with the Spanish matador’s name being Balrog. These names were all switched around in the international editions of the game, due to fears of a lawsuit from Mike Tyson’s representatives when the game was released in America. This led to M. Bison being called Balrog, Balrog having his named changed to Vega and for Vega to become M. Bison. When the three characters are discussed in the fan community, they are often referred to as Boxer, Claw and Dictator, so as not to cause confusion when posting tournament results.

1 Like

I prefer real bison to street fighter characters.

You mean this?:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerikanischer_Bison

Yeah they look nice.

1 Like

Or these: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visent

I’m aware of the distinctions in name localization with the original going after a bright star in the lyra constellation. However, I – like capcom of US who suggested the change – don’t think it suited the image of a dictator antagonistic, nor do I think that Balrog – mostly associated from JRR Tolkien literature – would have suited a masked spaniard.

Oh boy, the last boss is iconigraphicized from a Harp! That’s super threatening. Watch out everybody, the harpies are going to take over the world with their martial arts!

Maybe if “Dictator” was a bishonen style villain would Vega, or Polaris, or Centari, or Kentaurus have been a fitting name, but he’s not designed after Kumadori either. Heck, it wasn’t until street fighter 5 that any sort of astrological connection had been made to the character, so it really didn’t suit him and the name rotation has been all for the better imo.

Hogger, but also Sayge could be cool.

Why have a gnoll when we can have Huln Highmountain?

Cuz Hogger is an iconic WoW boss (twice), a HS card (Huln is not) and would be our first gnoll.
He also has plushies.

4 Likes

Oh well.

But Moose<Hyenas, convince me otherwise.

BLASPHEMY! HERETIC! :joy: How can you dare to say that to Hogger, the true ruler of the forest of elywynn?!

Cats are the best. Hyenas are cats. Thank you for coming to my TED-talk :smirk:

(Btw I support additional Taurens, I admit Etc doesn’t fully count.)

1 Like

You also like birds a lot.

I have a cat.

Pictures later.

not just Wow boss, Wow raid boss.

There are lvl 1 raid attempts on Hogger via player-made events.

4 Likes