Potential scoop for the next hero

Spazzo965:

Ya’ll better be watching out, there’s a Gnoll on the loose in the Nexus.

Here’s the list of potential Gnoll heroes:

Name Role Affiliation Status Location
Neutral Garfang Packlord of the unified gnoll tribes during the Gnoll War Redridge pack Deceased Unknown
Mob Hogger The Gnoll King, leader of the Riverpaw pack Riverpaw pack, Defias Brotherhood Deceased-Killable Hogger Hill, Elwynn Forest
Mob Ardo Dirtpaw Controller of the Redridge ettins Redridge pack, Dark Horde Killable Rethban Caverns, Redridge Mountains
Neutral Cackle Matriarch of the Grimtail clan Grimtail clan Unknown Unknown
Mob General Fangore Leader of the Shadowhide Gnoll Clan, lieutenant of Grand Magus Doane Shadowhide Gnoll Clan Killable Galardell Valley, Redridge Mountains
Mob Gnarlhide Leader of the Savage Hill tribe Savage Hill tribe Killable Snowblind Hills, Storm Peaks
Mob Jango Spothide Took control of the Riverpaw pack after Hogger’s arrest Riverpaw pack Killable Dust Plains, Westfall
Mob Maggot Eye Leader of the Rot Hide graverobbers at Garren’s Haunt Rot Hide gnolls, Scourge Killable Garren’s Haunt, Tirisfal Glades
Mob Meatball Brawler’s Guild gladiator Brawler’s Guild Killable Bizmo’s Brawlpub, Deeprun Tram; Brawl’gar Arena
Mob Moldfang Being resurrected by Redpine necromancers Redpine tribe (presumed) Killable South of Taelan’s Tower, Western Plaguelands
Mob Captain Ripflesh Leader of the Blackmane Mercenaries Blackmane Mercenaries, Zandalar tribe Killable Zouchin Strand, Kun-Lai Summit
Boss Rotfang Gladiator of Theldren Theldren Killable Ring of the Law, Blackrock Depths
Mob Sagepaw Chieftain of the Mosshide tribe Mosshide tribe, Axis of Awful Killable West of Thelsamar, Loch Modan
Neutral Sayge Darkmoon Faire fortune teller Darkmoon Faire Alive Darkmoon Faire, Darkmoon Island
Mob Foreman Sharpsneer Foreman of the Silver Stream Mine Axis of Awful Killable Silver Stream Mine, Loch Modan
Mob Snarlmane Gnoll overseer of Fenris Keep Rot Hide gnolls Removed Formerly Fenris Keep, Silverpine Forest
Neutral Snarlmane the Bloodgorger Attempted to stop Kael’thas from repairing the last Arcane Observatory Unknown Deceased Unknown
Mob Yowler Leader of the Redridge pack Redridge pack, Dark Horde Killable Yowler’s Den, Redridge Mountains

I don’t know about all the other Gnolls but if we don’t get Hogger there might be riots!

7 Likes

If we get a gnoll and it isn’t hogger, there will be riots!

Might be riots anyways. :confused:

Also, who is Spazzo? I feel like this is something that other people know that I somehow missed.

11 Likes

Probably the most valuable data miner the community has, but I haven’t read his latest leaks so I don’t know if he really found out Gnoll files.

But 99% of his findings always turn out to become real, since he finds them in the files.
(Does not post them here, only on Reddit)

The 1% is stuff that exists in the game like Overmind portrait, voice lines etc. but might have been scrapped for some reasons.

8 Likes

Alright thank you! Name sounded familiar but couldn’t place why.

Yes I understand there will be riots anyway because it’s hero X and not hero Y the hero I wanted in game! RAWR! But they can’t please everyone, I’m pretty sure some people did want a Gnoll in HotS though.

1 Like

Hogger is by far the most notable, but Blizzard isn’t above making new characters when none of their current options are particularly interesting.

If they add Hogger they basically add my most wanted Hero, lol.

Sauce?

1 Like
1 Like

Your wish might be coming true, David Warner made some Hogger references on a concept last week.

Based on previous posts they never do this kind of referencing unless that hero is coming out (seeing as Hogger has nothing to do with current hots)…

If data miners also found gnoll files he’s a likely next hero candidate.

6 Likes

Noooooooo take Candle !

Is data mining (for hero releases) really that important? For data on abilities I’d say it is, but data mining for spoilers just defeats the purpose of the surprise

but data mining for spoilers just defeats the purpose of the surprise

In a way I agree with you, but some people are impatient and want to know in advance.

I’ll admit I will look into every leak in advance if there is a slight hint it’s really going to be the next hero. Doesn’t truly ruin the anticipation.

I also think devs put those spoilers in the files for skilled miners on purpose, to build up early hype for said heroes.

1 Like

NO! This is wrong there is no potencial Gnoll heroes, but only one Gnoll: HOGGER. :joy:

The fearsome himself from Lvl 11 Forest of Elywine joins the Nexus? Awesome. :smiley:

Edit: But I have no imagination how he could be… the only thing I know when I played WoW in the past he was annoying to deal with, because he had his party going with him, so he might be an summoner hero like Azmodan or Vikings? In Hearthstone he is also known for summoning his guardians though.

Edit2: He mfght be an melee assassine? Sounds fitting, but this role is my weakest role ingame I see I will struggle with him. The only melees I can play is Samuro and Murky. :joy:

2 Likes

If the next hero is hogger, we’ll hit our 3 year anniversary since the last SC hero :worried:

5 Likes

I’m bouta have a friggin’ conniption.

2 Likes

Hogger!!! :heart:

2 Likes

You no take candle. Candle mine. :candle:

You guys do know that’s kobolds who say that, right?

11 Likes

I hope hes a melee dps or at least a bruisher.

This game has like 8 melee dps heroes and half of them are either garbage or a meme.