Plz explain the 50% win rate to me

SC2 is 1v1. It’s cumbersome to have to look at 9 other people’s profiles when the info could easily be displayed in a concise format.

Alright then, i think this 3 day old answer counts as official Blizzard response. Let’s analyze some of statements in said message.

I do believe that is truth.

But the problem is: HotS cannot tell which skill is equal to which, because the game simply does not determine it fully (or can’t determine it at all).

So, yeah, that’s a pretty lousy mechanic. For a “premier developer” company.

Like what reasons? Low cost? Testing player’s mental health? I know a person who plays this game ever since 2014 Alpha, which exceeds of my own game experience. Even he, being a BlizzFan, hates MM system.

I’m sorry, are we discussing “every game” here? We’re discussing HotS and his problems, not any other DotA or LoL. Since Blizzard company claimed to be “premier developer”, “most popular” “well-respected” — it has to outperform every other company with both game developing and programming. It’s kinda how things are, yeah. I can’t expect less after such pompous words.

That is believable, no agriments there. Although, MMR does not represent players’ real skill.

How come GML 1 exists? He does have a lot more than 50%. Or he just has to lose because he doesn’t have anyone to oppose him? I remember top 1 EU complaining over the fact that he can’t get good team.

How come “other games” has players with higher winrate? Even with their non-infinite amount of games it highly unlikely that they would catch a huge losestreak and go back to 50%.

It’s how you intented him to work. It’s not how “natural” things work in real life. Imagine football players to be equal, although one is sitting in dugout and the other getting all touchdowns. But they are equal, because their team wins, no matter the effort put in game.

Be that as it may, the next statement implicitly confirms that

And i agree.

So this sentence confirms the fact that some matches are intented to spoil the fun and make players hate someone who ruined the match and brough them to lose (possibly -200 points for whole team). Thank you for your official response, i shall save that.

Aaaaaaand here lies the problem. You see, even if a player is a best evah! in his matchmade team, he can still lose it, for HotS is not intended to allow one blue player beat all five reds. Besides the fact that two or three can easily take down one skilled, let’s say, Raynor — with only two-three well-placed skills and stuns — the match is ended when the core is down and these “below-average” bad blue players in team sometimes wouldn’t understand it. But reds will and they do. Evern if they lack APM or team coordination, they can still push their way through and one skilled player has to defend all lines. Perhaps, Lt. Morales is the best hero for it, yeah.

It this how you has intent the game that has the different from other MOBAs concept to be?

If your skill is based only on “win or lose” system, it does not accurate, for players often being unable to solely influent on the result of the match. Thus, MMR is not an accurate reflection.

That is also truth. But that

is a misleading. Everyone can get 10000 tails and 10000 heads streaks with 10000 coin flips. The probability isn’t high, but it exists. There is no “Great Equality” for all in real life. But Blizzard company trying to make it equal for everyone, isn’t it? Because someone will win indefinite amount of times, yeah, but at the same time someone will lose indifinite amount of times. And these constantly losing people might get away and Blizzard company doesn’t want that, does it? Because they wont be buying T-shirts and in-game lootboxes with new Tracer and Qhira skins, right?

Am i getting this right? This is a confession in game-development impotency? You can’t make it work and you’re saying “this is life, deal with it”? Interesting.

Oh, yeah, that is truth. Can’t even find the games out of my 10000 played matches without unlucky or stoned or drunk or unskilled crybabies players. So what you’re saying is basically “the game is fine, the matches are intended to be that way. But players aren’t good, they are the problem”. Oh, i wish that would be the truth, but if it would, it also would mean that almost every of my matches has a disappointed player who never wanted to help his team (and i didn’t say it was blue team, oh no, red potatoes was roasted by me many times). Which means i almost never had any fun from teamwork, because it never existed.

Which i half-agree.

Which i agree.

Which i disagree.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t complain at all even if the spread was Diamond 1 - 3 with a Diamond 2, the game should still be pretty fair with negligible skill difference. I just don’t agree with the MMR averaged games where the Matchmaker gets desperate and throws in a Silver to play with a group of Diamonds, or worse.

Minky your back <3 !! I missed you

1 Like

Is there a way to pin JUST THIS post from AZJackso to the top of the forum…

This is explained:

Basically, the person who “climbed” to plat 1, was unlikely to be a plat 1 player but rather that was their ceiling. Once they got there they start to lose because they are more of a liability to their team than an “actual” plat 1.

It’s likely that the reason this player will feel like their team is letting them down and not their own performance is because they lack the understanding of what they are doing wrong and indeed may not believe they are doing anything wrong. So logically they look at perceived mistakes of teammates (which is easy to find, everyone makes mistakes even the legit best players).

I think one of the biggest problems with the MMR is how it’s presented as a ladder to climb and get a spot, the reality is that it’s not a ladder you climb and you don’t have a specific spot.
It’s something that rates you, it rates you at the moment you play based on past plays.
You have to make some allowances for bad runs and good runs, the highest rating you’ve been isn’t your skill and neither is the lowest - Heck, you skill will actually change day to day. Some players go all over the place with rating because they are very inconsistent in skill, others are consistent and have a smaller range.

So in a way your MMR is never accurate, it’s just a place that exists somewhere within your skill range.

As humans we really like to think that once we get good at something we stay good but MMR is very open to the more realistic idea that we can actually also get worse.

1 Like

All what need to know about 50% is that the developers promised to open MMR 3 years already , but still does hide it.

2 Likes

Although it’d be nice to see MMR, it’s not really necessary since we have ranks. Unless you’re in bronze 5, your rank is pretty close to your MMR. Unlike LoL, you can’t just lose all you want and only demote when you’re one tier below your elo. LoL example: Plat 5 with gold 5 MMR=demoted to gold 1. In hots you would demote to gold 1 when your mmr is immediately too low.

In LoL your ranked reward is determined at the end date and time, not your highest rank throughout the season like HOTS does. That’s the one thing I’ll give HOTS props for as it’s a feature I like. LoL does have the need to be a whole tier below to demote into the next tier so that means you’d be playing at a low gold when you’re supposed to be low plat… that’s pretty generous in itself too, but HOTS’ way gives me less stress about demoting.

Talk about incentivizing smurfing…

1 Like

There’s already smurfing in HOTS. If the player wants to smurf, they will smurf. If a player wants to grief and troll, they will do so.

I meant for LOL, Lol has incentivized smurfing to protect ones rank.

2 Likes

This is sad. I mean these people put a lot of effort to keep their stupid rank of a moba game. What do they get for it? Attention from other people?
I’m just sayin… i call myself a loser, but even i don’t do this.

But which other method would you suggest?

Man I promise you this would create far more complaints. If people cannot play at all, they will pick up their pitchforks. The why will no longer matter.

I really wish someone would demonstrate that. I’ve seen a lot of players say it, but no one has ever shown their data.

It does, because player level really does not mean much. If you gained 150 lvl playing QM and Unranked, and I gained 160 lvls playing only vs A.I. are we of equal skill? Would you want the game to match us based on level in this case?

But the game doesn’t know which hero you’re going to draft.

1 Like

Just solo que and you will find all the data you need.

i can agree with that part of it. i have no problems there. the issue is the range i am talking about where someone may climb up like i said a full rank or more and drop down that same amount again. to me that says the MMR isnt working properly. if it were then the ceiling would be where they hit the wall and started to lose badly and where they started from would be the floor. the ‘ideal’ 50% point should be somwhere in between. however, if they are falling back all the way to where they started from then something is wrong.

this is something that can be agreed on as well. there have been several post on the subject of showing MMR. at one point they even said they were going to directly show the MMR. the end result though turned out that they only did a conversion instead of showing it.

imo, i think all the tricky conversions also need to go away because this will also give them the opportunity to readjust the ranks. for instance as we all have heard bronze 5 has this huge issue with there being a large range of MMR values. this could be solved actually and very simply if they: 1) dont allow negative MMR and 2) lock the MMR range down to a specific set

How is MMR a problem except for bronze 5? There isn’t really a problem with mmr as you could be low mmr and very low in bronze 5, so you’d have to play a ton of matches to get out of bronze 5. Visible MMR won’t solve that. In fact, that could cause toxicity among bronze 5 players if they see their teammates are lower MMR compared to the enemy team.

Making more divisions all the way down to 0 MMR would work better, if they had to keep MMR hidden. Palladium, or other rocks/gems, and my favorite teasing tier: Wood tier, would fit in the game

Put up, or shut up.

If you talk about numbers without showing any, you have zero credibility. I do solo queue, so how can I have win rates over 60% with several heroes (ETC, Tracer, Raynor ,) Am I Hacking?

1 Like

I know in reality that will never happen (“if the MMR spread is too large, create no match at all”). It’s just a desperate hope. Even the current super lenient system creates complaints of matches not being found.

But I know most players in the game still don’t care, they will have a 1000 and 4000 MMR on the same team as long as they don’t have to wait much for the game to begin.

You can shut up cause you are refusing to do what I just told you. If you solo que in this game, you will get trolled until you lose so many games bringing you down. IF you group with premades, you will be matched against the players who struggle with this problem. I can not explain this any more clearly. I will not be replying to you anymore so goodluck to you. Peace

1 Like

I JUST told you I do play Solo queue. Like I said.