Please look into Maltheal

I love playing him but… my god is he squishy!

• His self heal might as well not exists
  • you need to attack a group for the heal to work; but he’s designed to be a 1v1
  • often your hp is at 1% by the time you kill anyone
  • your mp runs out soooo fast
  • and the % damage is weak compared to other heroes

Suggestions from me:

• remove heal from Q replacing it with reaper mark heal on heroes
    Something like, 25% the damage of mark on heroes
  • Mark damage should work like the Ult, 10% of lost health as damage
    with slower DoT for balance
1 Like

Mathheal is near broken. The trade of for his rediculous self heal and melee damage is . . . he can die now and then. The same is true of mana pool. The way they balance crazy strong abilities, is reduce the mana pool so you can’t just sit there nuking people all day long.

I’d suggest you watch some videos of good players playing malth, study what they do, and wreck teams like they do.

1 Like

Malthael is the third best Bruiser with one the healthiest talenttree. He needs nothing. He’s strong but balanced.

He’s designed to be a team-wide sustain dmg dealer, not an 1v1 Hero.

13 Likes

Who are the first and second best then?
I feel it would be wrong to rank him above leoric or arthas.

Where was it ever said that he was especially tailored for 1v1?
Even if old malthael was as dumb to play as an always Q pushed lolblades varian you still needed to get some marks on some minions to get more healing between two facerolls from time to time.

Arthas is a Tank.
The best is probably Rexxar. The second is Thrall imo, but dunno.

1 rexxar
2 ragnaros
3 malth
(But this was before rexxar nerf)

1 Like
2 Likes

This seems like a personal problem.

There are guides like above that say how you can beat 1v1. Just see a video. I recommend it

This damages him more then buffing him

I know I like heroes like samuro too but im just bad with him. He doesnt need changes I need to find a playstyle that suits me

Malth is crazy strong, when your team needs damage and 1 or 2 spots left he’s a top value pick
Last rites is utterly strong even if it can be denied

he has wave clear, sustain, mobility, survavibility & escape if needed, self-cleanse… heck even healing reduction
it’s a very strong hero

I don’t recall seeing he was designed to be a 1v1 and he’s still a crazy duelist in most cases anyway

Although I agree that he’s mana goes vannish fast when you go in

I don’t understand your “rework”, maybe you don’t understand really how to use him yet

maybe he was not designed for the playstyle you give him ? lel

For some reason I find this question funny

Look into malthael. What collour are his eyes? What is his greatest passion?

1 Like

He isnt ment to tank a whole team , he’s an opportunistic assassin .

No , its not because you can that you should always. There are times to dive a whole team with malthael . always isnt the answer.

Then you did something wrong . check your replay and see what could had been sone better or how you were outplayed .

All angels do , its the one thing that keeps them all balance , we all know by the time ethereal gets into the game he will also be mana heavy. Dont always spam your skills , specially for laning , the cleaving alone is usually more than enough !

It depends how you view it .
W build with tormented souls can take a good chunk of life with little problem !
Last rite is essentially a death sentence for anyone under 33% total life.

I actually had alot of success in dueling 1v1 many times . just dance around and dodge shots with W. :+1:

Try dipping in and out of combat, also drain minion waves. His Q is not meant to tank you through a full assault while trading blows (nor is Malthael really built for those), it mostly gives you means to outlast the enemy while your Marks wear them down.

A- He isn’t, he just has talents to also increase his 1v1 (since he’s already good at crowds).
B- Minions.

True, he can burn his mana quite quickly. Learning to not waste your abilities and preserve mana for the important moments is a key skill in being effective with Malthael. (I know it did wonders for me).

That’s because his % damage works differently, it’s not meant to straight up race against them.
-Other Heroes have to talent into it, Malthael gets it for free.
-Other Heroes are typically single-target, Malthael can hit multiple enemies.
-Other Heroes typically require constant hits on their giant killers, Malthael just needs one hit every now and then.

Interesting. I would put Blaze and Imperius at the top of the bruiser list

Blaze is a Tank.
Imperius is strong but statistically have a lower success than Rexxar and Malthael.

1 Like

Actually i believe he is categorized as a bruiser

Lol, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve read today.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s broken or even close to it. He’s definitely got his moments though, that’s for sure.

1 Like

RIP armor stacking. You had to go, but you will be missed.

You’re supposed to be using it in lane. It’s pretty pitiful if you only have one hero marked, sure, but you’re supposed to have more enemies than just one hero marked.

Not anymore. They pretty much removed his ability to duel with his rework. If you pick a fight with someone, you’d better be in lane with enemy minions nearby.

Malthael has almost no kill pressure besides his ult. You shouldn’t be diving in trying to go ham yourself until your teammates have softened your target(s) up.

That’s because he’s too good at laning. Imagine if Muradin didn’t have mana issues, he’d never have to hearth or tap a fountain after a fight due to Second Wind. Malthael is the same way but for laning.

Malthael’s % damage is not meant to be him main source of damage. His damage overall is pretty pitiful, but % damage was never meant to be his main source of DPS.

No and no.

The proper way to balance Malthael would be to remove the cleave, buff his AAs and self-healing back up, give TS some armor, and then tune around that.

Malthael has some of the lowest DPS in the game, and his self-sustain outside of lane is borderline laughable. Tanks, those guys he’s supposed to counter, can often out-duel Malthael.

They hang around the edges of fights, throw a couple Es into the mix and hit Q a couple times until they see the skull appear over an enemy’s head, then they dive in, press R, and run away spamming Q.

Currently it’s Rexxar and Ragnaros. Xul is coming up close behind Malthael, too.

He is not. His defined role is Tank. The devs were actually pretty insistent on that, and nerfed his laning abilities and damage several times and gave him more armor and CC in exchange.

Malthael is about to have his day in the sun with Deathwing in every game. Biggest health pool in the game, no escape, needs a mobile solo laner to go against him.

These things are Malthaels dream job.

We probably won’t see DW in the solo lane. The devs actually mentioned that, and they said he’s incredibly teamfight-oriented.