Please ban Sgt. Hammer from Aram brawl

I have played with hammer, against hammer, and as hammer. She is way too strong on one lane maps. She takes all the fun out of this game mode whenever she is picked.

If you have already banned Rag’s lava wave, Azmodan and Chromie (???) from Aram brawls, then it should be a no brainer to also ban Sgt. Hammer. Thank you.

9 Likes

I’ve played as hammer, with hammer, against hammer. I’ve won and lost many games as/with/against hammer. I don’t see a problem here.

4 Likes

Same thing with other characters that got removed from Aram such as Chromie. Could I beat her? Yeah, totally. Did she make the whole process like nails on chalk board? Definitely. As long as the enemy team plays the defend hammer game and they reach 20 it’s basically a free win because the enemy team no longer gets their minion wave. Assuming she chose bfg of course.

1 Like

Chromie will probably be added again, there’s no reason not to tbh. She can’t infinite stacks one shot people anymore.

You know why most teams lose against “protect the hammer” comps? Because they say “kill hammer” and try everything to dive and kill her. People just don’t know how to play against it.

True as that may be, there should be absolutely no reason that she should be able to passively clear the wave come 20 and ragnaros not able to have his lava wave. Point is if you don’t have a counter the the hammer she can without much interaction just destroy your team. When a hero is so wanted in a team that I feel obligated to pick it in Aram. That’s when it started becoming a problem in my eye.

Lava wave is huge AoE damage, that would destroy any team. BFG is not that big. Yeah it clears the wave, but that is not that much of a problem in a one lane map, you should have enough power to clear a wave really fast at level 20.

there are some heroes who LOVE seeing hammer on the other team,
all of the long range pokers can bully hammer, Liming with orb build is especially fun :smiley:

Granted but a minion wave can be the difference between getting a keep or not. Since as long as long as someone survives assuming they lost a team fight all they really have to do is turtle since the opponents have to raw dog the keep/Nexus damage.

As long as Hammer survives*. If hammer dies, BFG stops. Face tanking a keep is not as bas as people think. This is actually one of the things that really tilts me in this game, people are too afraid to tank keep shots for a few seconds, even tanks with full hp =p

Also keep in mind that if hammer is using BFG to clear the minions, you know it’s direction so you won’t get hit by it. She is also not using it for teamfights, and if she does, BFG is no longer clearing the minions.

Also plz remove TLV from being an option in Aram!!!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s not how orbital BFG works?

1 Like

Did they change it? I know people complained a lot about BFG before because it would kill everything eventually, then people said they should just kill hammer :thinking: Or it never worked that way and I never noticed :joy:

this is only true because the longer ranged team usually wins. If they took hammer out, it would just be li ming (or whoever) that people would want removed next.

they changed BFG so that it does not damage structures.

2 Likes

Then I’m going crazy :joy:

We already knew that Samisha alt.

3 Likes

Keep in mind, brawl has no MMR. Meaning, you can be matched with a brand new account or even multiple players that are very new to the game. In these situations expecting knowledge of how to play against someone like hammer let alone any kind of coordination is unreasonable.

Therefore, if certain heroes are banned from Aram brawls for this reason then hammer should be #1 on the list.

Yes I agree. I would ban Hammer, Abathur, TLV, and maybe Azmo.

Not exactly. A brand new player can pick sgt hammer, get graduating range at 7, and completely dominate the game. Liming and others take a lot of skill to play well, even on a one plane map.

1 Like

Free all heroes for ARAM mode

That’s another reason why Hammer shouldn’t be banned from brawl tbh.

Chromie was banned because at one point she would just Q and 100-0 someone. Hammer will never do that. And if we were to ban hammer from brawls, we need to ban Kaelthas too, junkrat (this one is super toxic in brawl, completes the 200 stacks really easy and just place a mine outside of their gate, whenever someone goes out just mine them into your team lol), and a lot of other heroes.

1 Like

hence the “or whoever”. I don’t know who would be the easiest long range hero after hammer. The point is that it is “someone”.