PING Issues - NZ -> US Central

hello,

I have been able to play on US Central servers (from NZ) for quite some time, but recently I’m being unable to get any decent latency to US Central.

On the user interface (Language & Region) it states US has 140ms - which seems to be reaching US West Coast, however, when I join a match, using CTRL+ALT+F it shows my latency as 320ms.

Are you aware of anything that can be done on my side to make my latency decrease to acceptable levels?

Hey there,

If this latency increase just happened recently it may be due to the routing changing between your internet provider and the HOTS servers in the US. If you try connecting to Australia servers see if you have lower latency and see if it’s stable when playing a match on AUS servers. If the high latency is only affecting your connection to US servers then it is likely a routing problem.

You could run a WinMTR test to the US server IP while playing a match and then compare those results to the latency that you’re seeing in-game. That should show you where along the route the latency is increasing.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new WinMTR-v092 folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the server IP 24.105.62.129 in the “Host” field. Click “Start” to begin the test.
  6. Launch the game and join a match. Allow the test to run for the full duration of the match, then click on “Stop” when you’re done playing.
  7. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results h ere, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.