Pharah Concept [Overwatch]

I felt like giving myself the challenge of translating a hero like Pharah, a character that focuses on verticality, into a game where Falstad can get sniped mid flight by a nest of Abathur mines. Tbh, I think I did okay but there’s always room to change stuff

Pharah

Title: Helix Security Chief
Role: Assassin
Difficulty: Medium
Franchise: Overwatch
Attack type: Ranged
Health: 1650
Health regen: 3.2
Resource: Fuel (100)
Unit radius: 0.675
Attack speed: 1
Attack range: 5
Attack damage: 110

Q - Concussive Blast - 9 seconds - Fire a concussive blast up to 6 units away, knocking enemies in a 1.5 unit range up to 2 units away.

W - Hover Jet - 1 second - 20 fuel per second - Float up into the air, gaining 10% move speed and becoming able to pass over obstacles. Running out of fuel while above an obstacle causes you to lose control and crash land at the nearest walkable terrain point, taking 200 damage and becoming stunned for 1 second. (You have a 0.25 unit grace range, where you snap to the nearest walkable terrain point if you are within 0.25 units from it.)

E - Blast Off - 12 seconds - 25 fuel - Launch into the air initially dealing 200 damage in a 1.5 unit range around you, then landing at the target location up to 6 units away.

Trait - Rocket Launcher - Your basic attacks deal 50% of its damage in a 1 unit range around the target.
Fuel - Your resource metre is fuel. You regen 15 fuel per second after not using a fuel-consuming ability for 1 second.
D - Cancel Hover Jet

R1 - Rocket Barrage - 50 seconds - Become stationary, and deal 350 damage per second in a 4 unit diameter area up to 6 units away. Lasts 4 seconds. Move the area with your mouse.

R2 - Helix Strike - 60 seconds - Call down an airstrike in a 3 unit by 6 unit vector area. After 1.5 seconds, missiles strike, dealing 310 damage starting from the initial point and taking 0.75 seconds to move across the area, dealing its damage every 1 unit. Global range. Deals 50% damage to structures.

Lvl 1
Sustained Propulsors - Quest: Gather regen globes. After collecting 10 regen globes, increase fuel regen per second by 5. After collecting 20 regen globes, increase your maximum fuel by 20. Passive: Collecting a regen globe generates 20 fuel over 2 seconds.
Security Protocol - Allies within the area of Concussive Blast gain 15 armour for 2 seconds. Passive: increase the diameter of Concussive Blast by 0.5 units.
Steady Storm - Basic attack AoE range is increased by 0.75 units and its damage is increased to 75%.

Lvl 4
Seared Impact - Concussive Blast leaves behind a damaging area dealing 14 damage per second, lasting 3 seconds.
Fallback Procedure - Blast Off grants a shield equal to 35% of your missing health for 6 seconds. Passive: Decrease the fuel cost of Blast Off by 10.
Reactive Boosters - Taking damage during Hover Jet increases your move speed by 10% for 2 seconds.

Lvl 7
Hold the Line - During Hover Jet, damaging heroes with basic attacks grants 5 fuel and deal 15% increased damage.
Get Back - Increase the knockback of Concussive Blast by 2 units, and reduce enemy move speed by 25% for 2 seconds. Passive: Gain 10 fuel for every enemy hero hit by Concussive Blast.
Jet Blasters - Deal 15 damage per second in a 1 unit range around you. Landing with Blast Off increases this damage by 100% for 4 seconds. Passive: Blast Off grants 15 fuel for every enemy hero hit by its initial blast.

Lvl 13
Emergency Generators - 30 seconds - Cause your fuel to regen uninterrupted for 3 seconds. During this, passive fuel generation is disabled.
Altitude Advantage - During Hover Jet, gain 2 increased basic attack range and gain 5% increased move speed.
Thermal Shielding - Gain 25 physical armour, During Hover Jet, gain 25 spell armour instead. Passive: Casting Blast Off grants both effects for 3 seconds.

Lvl 16
I’m on Fire! - Damaging enemy heroes with basic attacks grants 5% increased basic attack speed for 4 seconds, up to 25%.
Hyper-Boost - Increase Blast Off range by 50%, and the damage blast range by 33%.
Helix Protocol - Gain a second charge of Concussive Blast. Reduce the cooldown of Concussive Blast by 2 seconds for every enemy hero hit.

Lvl 20
Missile Storm - Increase the duration of Rocket Barrage by 100%, and gain 40 armour for the duration.
Sanitise - Helix Strike’s airstrike occurs an additional 2 times in the targeted area. Enemy hero eliminations refresh Helix Strike’s cooldown.
Blasting off Again - 45 seconds - Activate to cast a separate Blast Off with no cost and with a 75 unit range. Passive: Reduce the cooldown of Blast Off by 4 seconds.
Advanced Jet Processor - Gain all level 7 talents. Passive: Decrease Hover Jet cost by 10.
Steel Beam Smelter - Basic attacks deal an additional 30% of its damage over 3 seconds, and grant a shield equal to 50% of the damage over time dealt for 6 seconds.

1 Like

I think this is probably the best designed Pharah I’ve seen on this site, though I have two quick suggestions.

Hover Jet is… kind of bad? If you were able to, say, attack while moving while it was active, suddenly using it would feel like you were accomplishing something?

Using Conc. Blast to propel yourself during Hover Jet is iconic movement tech for Pharah, and should be implemented somehow? Maybe if you are in the radius of Q while W is active, it knocks you two units as well?

1 Like

Thanks for giving critiques to a few of my concepts, they’re honestly super helpful and I love to see interaction on my ideas!! I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look through them all and giving feedback, I didn’t think anyone would actually do that hah

I have about 40 hero concepts made (i REALLY like making them to see how unique each hero can be and for the challenge of translating them into hots) and my ideas can definitely start to get derivative or bland, so having a second perspective definitely help reveal blaring issues like damage numbers, repetitive talents, or even just dumb things I didn’t notice, so thanks again !!!